• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Locked disc drop off box Golden Gate park, holding time?

SpiderWaffle

Bogey Member
I live in San Diego and visit Bay Area about twice a year. Someone just texted me they found my disc I lost there and Golden Gate park. They are wondering if they should put it in the locked drop box out there.

Does anyone know how that drop box is handled. I talked to a operator at Golden Gate park services and they had no idea the box even existed or who handled it.

I might be back there in July but don't there if there's a one month holding period for discs returned in that fashion or something of the sort.

Why wouldn't you just pay $3 via paypal or whatever the hell and have it shipped? No dont put it in the box send it to me? I mean 4 real? Are you a robot?

you could also post here to chat with people who manage the lost n found box directly. They're good people...

Installing disc lock boxes on random courses actually sounds like a great evil way to get some slightly used plastic!

Yeah this was started by club members as a way to get lost discs back to people (as opposed to having to plan a meet-up, etc.) - the club has (limited) license to manage the course, so it's not surprising that they don't know.

Trustworthy people in the club have keys, you can post on the SFDGC facebook group or just ask around at the practice basket. 99.9% of the time someone with a key is at the course.

If you're already back out of town, bribe someone on the club FB page to grab and ship you the disc.

Latest posts