• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Longer F1 - is that FX-2?

edmunder

I play in a very windy area on Lake MI. 25 mph is normal for lots of holes.

I have two F1s, newish in 500 and broken in 400. Both are excellent discs that are overstable but have excellent glide. They keep pushing forward and I really dont turn them over unless its 30 mph headwinds.

F1 is 7 / 5/ 0/ 3.

What is the next step up? I dont have a huge arm so I dont want to jump into 12 or 13 speeds. Is the FX-2 the next disc that is basically a longer F1?

I want a disc that has forward pushing glide along with the strong fade and turn resistance that the F1 has. There are a bunch of holes that require something longer than the F1 but still cant turn over. I throw a mid 160g wraith/wraiths for some shots but those turn over.

Ideally would be a 9 or 10 speed, lots of glide, turn resistant, but not raptor OS.

Thanks for recommendations if given! :clap:

If you want to stay with Prodigy an H2 could be a good bet. I also like the Tesla, Mad Cat and Thunderbird in this slot depending on your preferences.

If you want to stay with Prodigy an H2 could be a good bet. I also like the Tesla, Mad Cat and Thunderbird in this slot depending on your preferences.

Thanks,

Tesla looks like an Undertaker, at least with the numbers. I think something a little more OS is needed for the disc I am looking for.

I have never thrown a Thunderbird but I will look at a champion, somewhat lighter weight. Maybe high 160s, Champion Thunderbird will glide and push forward without the scare of turning off into nowhere, even into headwinds.

H2 looks like an 11 speed so I think Id rather something a little slower.

I still have issues when with headwinds and trying to throw hard because I have a head speed disc. I put a move on them because they are speed 11 and I need to throw for distance, but the headwind makes the turn way too much. Not enough experience in disc golf yet for that balance.

Thanks,

Tesla looks like an Undertaker, at least with the numbers. I think something a little more OS is needed for the disc I am looking for.

I have never thrown a Thunderbird but I will look at a champion, somewhat lighter weight. Maybe high 160s, Champion Thunderbird will glide and push forward without the scare of turning off into nowhere, even into headwinds.

H2 looks like an 11 speed so I think Id rather something a little slower.

I still have issues when with headwinds and trying to throw hard because I have a head speed disc. I put a move on them because they are speed 11 and I need to throw for distance, but the headwind makes the turn way too much. Not enough experience in disc golf yet for that balance.

Pretty sure the original Tesla "numbers" were something like the PD. I think both the Tesla and the wrath are more OS than the numbers suggest.

But I do believe the FX2 is that OS-control kind of disc, like the others mentioned. PD, Fortress, etc. Do the H series discs actual fly like an 11 speed? (ie wraith)? I thought they were more 9 or 10 "control driver" speeds.. Flight numbers, Am I right?!

Pretty sure the original Tesla "numbers" were something like the PD. I think both the Tesla and the wrath are more OS than the numbers suggest.

But I do believe the FX2 is that OS-control kind of disc, like the others mentioned. PD, Fortress, etc. Do the H series discs actual fly like an 11 speed? (ie wraith)? I thought they were more 9 or 10 "control driver" speeds.. Flight numbers, Am I right?!

The H series flies like a 10 to me so that's why I suggested it. Feel like the FX2 is slower.