• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest forehand in disc golf?

Eagle's foot looks neutral to me, in that it's basically lined up with his shoulders. His stance is more open than some of the other guys, but the foot is still the same in relation to the body.

How do you define open vs closed? I thought open meant that the plant foot is pointed in the direction of the throw and closed meant the plant foot is perpendicular to the throw direction.

It's really more the hip and shoulder, not the toe. Your toe can theoretically be straight with your hip still fairly closed. I would argue it's harder but still possible.

700ft fh? hmm.. at first I wasn't buying it, then the video of Cedar Creek was mentioned (hole #9) and then I watched him fh 500+ on a hyzer. wow.. not sure a full flex flight could add another 180-200ft, but it would be cool to see what he is capable of.

That shot looked like it had another 75-100 feet to go if there were no trees.

When the disc went past the basket, it was still like 25-30 feet in the air.

How do you define open vs closed? I thought open meant that the plant foot is pointed in the direction of the throw and closed meant the plant foot is perpendicular to the throw direction.
The "front leg" vid talks about it some. It's how the feet/ankles line up to the trajectory. If your front ankle covers your rear ankle it would be closed stance.

Front foot pointed at trajectory(not target) is usually an indicator, but flexibility can vary. You have to pay attention to the trajectory, hyzers will often appear to be open to the target.

Par save just released coverage of the Cedar Creek Open and Sheldon is featured on a couple rounds. Unreal sidearm. The last hole of the final 9 round he throws a destroyer 500+ on a hyzer

How tall is that guy? He looks huge.

The "front leg" vid talks about it some. It's how the feet/ankles line up to the trajectory. If your front ankle covers your rear ankle it would be closed stance.

Front foot pointed at trajectory(not target) is usually an indicator, but flexibility can vary. You have to pay attention to the trajectory, hyzers will often appear to be open to the target.

well then i am not sure if i throw open or closed

my toe points towards front of target but now idk im all confused

:confused:

Do we need to talk about your flare?
tweak-stance-alignment.png

tweak-foot-flare.png

golf-driver-feet-position_7.jpg

I'm always confused after reading stuff on here. I'll throw a really nice forehand (or was it a sidearm), but I don't look at my toe, and I can't see my own shoulders. I forget where my elbow is, and my hand in relation to my torso. But I know I roll my wrist, sometimes, I think. But I just need to....um....stick to forehand, or maybe sidearm? :doh:

That's some insane forehand distance on that hole 9 hyzer. I'm intrigued on the open/closed talk. I'm not sure what I am when I throw. Maybe I can eke out some more distance :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCTYP4lwD7Q

We use the same hip movements throwing a disc.

Last edited:
I was on a card with Silver for the second round at this years GMC at fox run. I watched him almost eagle hole 7 (1200 ft downhill) with two forehands and a missed 40 footer from pin high left. He also nearly birdied hole 8 (650ish, uphill, plays like 850) with 2 forehands if not for a weird skip OB. He birdied hope 13 with 2 forehands. Definitely the top forehand I've ever witnessed.

Alex Geisinger is a top contender for the longest forehand in disc golf. I'd say the same for his backhand distance. I've seen him in person throw 500'+ sidearm and 600'+ backhand.

Alex Geisinger is a top contender for the longest forehand in disc golf. I'd say the same for his backhand distance. I've seen him in person throw 500'+ sidearm and 600'+ backhand.

I'm sad I didn't get to see him throw forehand. I played oakwood with him a few years ago but it was all backhand. Dude can bomb a backhand.

Latest posts