• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest throwers in Disc Golf (Pros)

Pforra

Hi guys

I think it would be funny to make a list of the furthest throwing (pro) players in disc golf, to have all new players know some of the big arms... :) Im thinking of a top 10, and i have quite some suggestions already. But lets try and make an (un)official list :)

1. Simon Lizotte
2. David Wiggins Jr.
3. Paul McBeth
4. Avery Jenkins
5. KJ Nybo
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??

Names for consideration : Nikko Locastro, Ricky Wysocki, Eric McCabe

Any suggestions? :)

#CJKnipper - McMahon for sure is a big arm. Do you know about his longest throws? Then we can fit him right in the list :)

Nice to see some suggestions! :) Any suggestions on where to place them on the list?

Jared Neal in Huntsville throws 600'+ on flat ground, and having seen many of the other top throwers in the game, I would not hesitate to put him in the top ten. He also won the USDGC Performance flight in 2012 and was in the distance showcase that year.

I think the top 3 is

Lizzotte
Wiggins
Eagle

Gies and Gibson are up there too. That's probably my top 5

I don't think that there is enough separation in the rest of the pack to really sort it all out. I think McBeth has the best "golf" distance, as in he may not have the biggest arm but he is significantly ore accurate at his max then the field.

Hi guys

I think it would be funny to make a list of the furthest throwing (pro) players in disc golf, to have all new players know some of the big arms... :) Im thinking of a top 10, and i have quite some suggestions already. But lets try and make an (un)official list :)

1. Simon Lizotte
2. David Wiggins Jr.
3. Paul McBeth
4. Avery Jenkins
5. KJ Nybo
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??
9. ??
10. ??

Names for consideration : Nikko Locastro, Ricky Wysocki, Eric McCabe

Any suggestions? :)

Avery and KJ are not up there. Avery May have been 5+ years ago, but he's had some injury issues and his form isn't great anymore. He's in decline distance wise. Frankly even at his peak he was a little overrated as a bomber.

KJ isn't even close. He's more of a 450 kind of guy. His calling card as a player is consistency and accuracy, not raw power

I'll just say these are the best distance forms:
1. Ken Jarvis
2. Steve Brinster
3. David Wiggins
4. Garrett Guthrie
5. Chris Max Voigt
6. Simon Lizotte
7. Christian Sandstrom
8. Marc Jarvis
9. Erin Hemmings
10. Scott Stokely

Just know that KJ crushed a danish record of 600+, combined with Simon Lizottes comments on his power. But that why im making this open post. To make an agreeable top 10 :)

597 is not top ten in the world power

Simon, GG, Wiggins, big jerm are the only players I know for sure are top 10
I'm guessing it was less than ideal conditions compared to the Big D contest. I'm not saying KJ is top 10, not too far though and certainly more than 450'.

I'll just say these are the best distance forms:
1. Ken Jarvis
2. Steve Brinster
3. David Wiggins
4. Garrett Guthrie
5. Chris Max Voigt
6. Simon Lizotte
7. Christian Sandstrom
8. Marc Jarvis
9. Erin Hemmings
10. Scott Stokely

Steve Brinster is not 600+ as i recall. However it seems multiple people agree on GG has to go to top 10, so i think i'll fit him in. Anyone got some info on his furthest throw?
As for McMahon... Any info on longest throw? :)

I found that Gibson has a measured throw of 620. So He'll at least pop the list to confirmed look like this
1. Lizotte
2. Wiggins
3. Beast
4. Jenkins
5. Gibson
6. KJ Nybo

Just need som backed-up numbers and we can fill in the rest, and change if needed :)

Steve Brinster is not 600+ as i recall. However it seems multiple people agree on GG has to go to top 10, so i think i'll fit him in. Anyone got some info on his furthest throw?
Brinster beat GG last year in the USDGC contest and has also won that distance title. I'm quite sure if he actually threw in Big D he would be over 700'.