• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking for a Fairway

The Escape from Dynamic Discs. When thrown hard, it turns some and then fades back.

GL Saint Pro is an overstable fairway driver, but not to overstable. Flies great in headwind (that I have seen so far). I am sure when it beats in it will be more stable than overstable.

Opto Saint Pro is really overstable. Mine seems way more overstable than the GL Saint Pro. It is almost to much for me.

Saint (GL and Opto) is a has a tad bit more turn than the escape. I have some of the first runs that seem to be a little more stable, flying straight and true.

Fury - Understable

Underworld - Really Understable

Renegade - (10 speed) HS understable LS stable. It will turn and glide and then fade back at the end.

try a patriot in icon or pinnacle. And seriously, teebirds and eagles remain your friends.

Another Eagle vote here. Very versatile and cycle very well. You can start with a heavy champ or star for windfighter/overstable shots. Get a dx or two to cycle in to straighter/turnover shots. Eventually that champ/star eagle will get straight and then turnover, then you can start a new premium disc and get rid of your dx.

At the start you may need a leopard or something less stable for turnovers and straight shots until you beat in an eagle but honestly you can cover all your fairway needs with just eagles, and many people do.

A lot of people are recommending 3 or 4 molds in premium plastic. It does work for some people but not me.

Kind of misread the OP. If you are looking for something new, all that I would really call a fairway that is new would be Rival/Patriot and Resistor/Servo.

Not sure about Rival/Patriot as I haven't thrown them but I doubt Resistor/Servo would ever wear into anything as useful as something like an Eagle or Teebird can. Those MVP discs just seem like they keep stability for a long time.

If you are set on trying something new I would go Rival/Patriot. But obviously Rival/Patriot are just attempts to reinvent the wheel (Teebird/Eagle/Leopard).

Discmania FD jackel! For me a a line gives me slight turn all the way. C line is dead straight shooter up to 380' or so. And then I have a fresh teebird for windy days. And uber wonder days I got a z pred. But don't pack that disc in very much. I generally use FDs!!! Great little disc!

Champ and Star FDs.

Agree 100%

I spent a long time looking into the FD trying to decide if it was right for me. Finally pulled the trigger and after just two rounds, it is absolutely a go to for me. I'll use the C when I absolutely need something with a healthy fade. The S, though, I'll use for just about anything. Two very different discs in the different plastics...which is great because they cover so many shots!

You won't be disappointed with an FD

If you can get your hands on an Avery Jenkins Tour Series Star Teebird then I would go with that. They aren't on the factory store website, so idk if they stopped making them. I hope that they are just out of stock. They are a perfect teebird IMO. Excellent high speed stability. It started out with a decent fade to it, but now that mine is beating up, it lost some fade but is still very HSS. The glide on it is ridiculous too for the amount of stability it has. It seems like it just wants to stay straight until the very end of its flight.

That sounds like a magical disc, I can't say I have ever seen a star teebird. Were they making those 3 years ago? I haven't purchases a disc in about that long.

Also one of my favorite "fairway" drivers is my super old champ flat top firebird. It's amazing for in the woods flex shots where you know it WILL fade at the end but it's so beat in that it flexes out a lot slower than a normal firebird.

I have used this disc to park shots on winding holes in the woods more times than I can remember.

I'll throw out another Escape vote. I'll also recommend the Westside Stag. As people often say, the flight numbers are off, but it doesn't mean it's not a stellar disc. Hint : it's pretty freaking awesome.

Teebirds..often imitated but never duplicated. There are a couple of new options for Teebirds, there's the Steve Brinster Bird in the Jolly Launcher plastic which feels awesome btw. There is also the Avery Jenkins Star Teebird that's molded in a cool looking marbled Star plastic. The Brinster Teebird starts out almost Banshee beefy but once seasoned is a thing of beauty. I haven't thrown the AJ Teebirds so i'm not sure what there like. The Discmania FD is a phenomenal fairway driver with insane glide. The S version beats into a turnover machine and the C line is a perfect HSS compliment.

Go TeeBird/Eagle. A lot of discs have been released, but as usual it is more about making money.

I ended up just ordering a new Star Eagle (I have experience with the mold and like it) and a GL River to complement it. I've always wanted to try one. We'll see how this turns out!

Can't believe it hasn't been brought up yet, but the Lat64 Gold Diamond is a phenomenal choice if you're looking for an understable fairway driver.

Latest posts