• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a new putter.

Chines

Par Member
I've been rocking a soft banger GT for the last year and a half and recently i've been looking at making an upgrade, or at least exploring some new options. I just ordered a classic Judge and registered for a trilogy challenge. I don't really have access to anything to touch or see except for innova and discraft. I like a shallow rim, found the aviar to be a little to deep. Does anybody have any suggestions other than the Judge?

lol there are a lot of putters out there.. why are you changing up putters? and what do you want out of a different putter that you cant get out of that the gt banger?

Judge if you like a bead and a Warden if you dont like a bead

lol there are a lot of putters out there.. why are you changing up putters? and what do you want out of a different putter that you cant get out of that the gt banger?

looking for something a little better off the tee box and better with the wind. The banger is a soft one sorry should have mentioned that. Seems to be getting a little bit harder to control and a little unpredictable.

looking for something a little better off the tee box and better with the wind. The banger is a soft one sorry should have mentioned that. Seems to be getting a little bit harder to control and a little unpredictable.

ok I imagine after a year and a half it is pretty beat up using it off the tee.. have u considered getting a new one in the same or maybe more durable plastic and cycling them?

Shallow, good off the teebox, and better in the wind? Sounds like you want an Axiom Envy.

I thought about it but I bought it out of necessity and it was the shallowest rimmed putter available to me at the time. Truth is I don't totally love it like I love some of my other plastic and I'm interested in giving something new a chance.

I'm very open minded when it comes to switching discs but my Soft Banger GT's are never leaving my bag. It is the one mold that I just won't consider changing. I used a KC Aviar for 9 years before switching to the Banger. When I pick up one of my old Aviars it just feels terribly awkward in my hand. The groove top fits like a glove. I would be cautious about leaving the Banger.

I would be cautious about leaving the Banger. I'm very open minded about switching molds but that is one that I really just won't consider making a change with. That groove top fits my hand like a glove. I used a KC Aviar for 9 years before switching to the Banger. Every time I pick up one of my old Aviars it just feels really awkward in my hand. Happy hunting. Think this one through carefully.

Didn't mean to post twice. Computer froze when I was writing the first one and didn't think it went through.

I would say Prodigy Pa1 300 got two in my bag breaks in nice. I use i Pa1 400 for drives of the tee becuse its more stable and handles wind nice.

The Prodigy PA3 is quite similar to Aviars and has the shallower rim you're looking for. When I first picked it up, I thought the rim was almost too shallow compared to my KC Aviars, but now that I've gotten used to it, I quite like it. Supper straight flyer, minimal fade, and plenty good inside the circle. The new 350 plastic is stiff but grippy, however it's too soon to really tell how durable it is.

I've been rocking a soft banger GT for the last year and a half and recently i've been looking at making an upgrade, or at least exploring some new options. I just ordered a classic Judge and registered for a trilogy challenge. I don't really have access to anything to touch or see except for innova and discraft. I like a shallow rim, found the aviar to be a little to deep. Does anybody have any suggestions other than the Judge?

This could be my story! :hfive:
I've had six soft banger GT's and they just seemed to break in a little too much or started to get a little floaty/flippy for me as my form developed...to the point where they didn't feel as reliable any more for longer putts and short approaches. But I've also never done a lot of driving off the tee with a putter. :eek:

Since I like the soft concept for the discs I put in the chains, I've been experimenting the last month or two with a soft Judge (DD), a Zero Soft Pure (Lat64), and a medium VP (Vibram). I'm starting to settle in to using the VP (beaded) in windier conditions, and the Pure for everything else. I should note that the Pure in any harder plastic feels uncomfortable for me, as the lip is pretty sharp. Not sure why, but the zero soft does not feel like the same dimensions in my hand. I'd like to get ahold of another one to see.

Finally, I have to admit that I have aced really short dinker holes with three of those Bangers, and now the Pure, so beginning to feel more comfortable with teeny holes (around 100', honestly) off the tee. Which adds confidence to my approach shots. :thmbup:

Latest posts