• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for new bag

PhillyPhan69

Bogey Member
Being frugal/poor/cheap (whichever term you choose) I am hoping to get a decent bag for under $50. I have been looking at the Fade Gear Tourney Bag (Psycho) although my son has been telling me to look at the dynamic disc soldier bag......What do you know of these 2 bags or what would you suggest as a $50 bag give or take a couple? Sorry if this has bee done before...I did a search and nothing came up

Used the Fade Tourney for a while and loved it. Plus the Fade weatherguard straps are the BEST. However, I switched to a backpack and I think they are much better. Just feels better on my shoulders at the end of the round.

That being said I have a Fade Tourney bag and the weatherguard straps that I've been thinking of getting rid of if you're interested.

Just upgraded from a Fade Crunch to a Dynamic Disc Ranger. Those aren't the styles in question, but they are the brands. So I'll give you my overall opinion of the brands.

The Fade brand is built pretty nicely, it's good material and the drink pockets are lined with material that keeps water cool and doesn't allow condensation to seep into the fabric, making your bag wet.

The Dynamic Disc bags don't have that feature, so the pocket for drinks gets a little wet if the drink is cold enough. DD uses very high quality material and the bag will last a long time. DD also has a lifetime warranty on their bags should something happen that hinders the intent of the bag.

Having the Fade Crunch, it had one strap which slightly torqued my back after a day of play. The Fade Tourney also comes with one strap, so you will need to look into purchasing shoulder straps if that's a concern for you. However, the Soldier also comes with one strap, so it's got the same problem.

I was tempted with the DD commander, but ultimately chose the Ranger due to its storage options and backpack style. I wouldn't have chosen the Soldier because it's only a small step above the Fade Crunch.

Hope that helps a little bit, good luck with your research and bag of choice.

I have the Innova Deluxe bag. I got it for $37 shipped on eBay. It'll hold plenty of discs, beer and random items. Very sweet bag.

I have both the Fade Tourney (DGA Gelz straps) and the Soldier. The only real advantage to the Soldier, IMO, is that it's a little more compact, so I'm not tempted to carry too much.

As for the Fade, I like it over the Soldier for these reasons.
  • Higher quality fabric
  • Mini pocket for quick access
  • Better U-Channel

Both bags have 2 bottle holders that hold a 32oz Nalgene or Gatorade, 2 side pockets, and a putter pocket on the front. Neither is a bad option, but I personally like the Fade a bit more.

I would pick up the Innova Competition Bag in that price range. I've had good luck with Innova Bags in the past. Lots of people like Fade too. DD Soldier has a few knocks against it. (The putter pocket it poorly designed with holes in the bottom so you can't use it for anyting other than discs. Also one or two people thought the materials were inferior to those on the Innova and Fade bags, but I can't verify that one).