• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to swap from a traditional bag to a backpack.

mdstevens1370

I'm currently using am innova competition bag with backsaver straps, but looking to swap to a backpack. I need one to carry about 15-18 discs, water bottles, stool, towel, and other small odds amd ends. I just play casual, so I don't want to spend over $100. I've been looking at the Innova Heropack and the Prodigy BP-2, both around $70. So, what the usual experience with them, or what else should I be looking at?

Dynamic Discs Sniper is pretty decent for under a hundred. They have a new one coming out too called the Trooper I think, also under a hundred

If you want affordable, I like my A-game backpack also. I've had mine since March and play weekly and have zero durability complaints thus far. I also play casually and didn't want to break the bank. But I don't feel like it's poor quality despite being "cheaper".

Here is thread on it: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126053 Mike C has a review video somewhere in this thread, I think.

My only complaint would be that there is only one divider strap in the middle so if you don't carry a lot of discs (I "only" carry about 14-15 on a big course or course with a lot of variety) they fall over if you don't add towels or extra shirt etc.

But it's really nice having extra space for shirts you might shed or add if weather changes, TWO water bottle holders is a big plus for me. Lots of pockets and storage. Stands up well, i.e., doesn't tip over.

I have the innova comp bag with backsavers too. I just ordered a superhero bag on amazon for $99 with free shipping. I didnt like the feel of the heropack but the the superhero seemed to be closer to the comp bag.

I use a cart as much as I can and the comp bag will continue to be used with the cart, but when there are times when I cant travel with the cart I hope the superhero bag will work great.

Dynamic Discs Sniper is pretty decent for under a hundred. They have a new one coming out too called the Trooper I think, also under a hundred

THIS! I myself have the Ranger bag, but a buddy I play with a few times a week has the sniper bag, and its great. Deff worth every bit of the $70 you'll spend on it. He carries a large Gatorade, a stool, about 15 discs or so, and then has 2 putters in the putter-pocket, and then plenty of accessories in his top pouch.

I can't say enough good things about the DD bags.

Yeah, no release date yet. I talked to DD today and they didn't have a timeline yet to share publicly. Guesses I've seen are $40-$50 for the bag, which seems about right since it appears to be positioned below the Sniper in the lineup.

Looks like it will be a good third choice in the minimal-backpack category... the Agame, PD3 and Trooper all vying for the same niche.

Latest posts