• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing discs

StymieDidIt

Par Member
Over the last few weeks I've lost several discs. Some weird things. I've lost 2 discs in areas that were not too overgrown and where I saw the path of the disc. I searched for a long time. It's like they were sucked up into a vortex or something. It made no sense. Then, I lost a brand new Destroyer when I forgot to reteive it following a Mulligan shot. To add insult to injury, I just realized that both of my putters were missing from my bag and I have no idea where they could have gone. I checked my truck and tried to mentally retrace my steps following my last round, but I don't recall NOT putting them back in their pocket. They're just gone! I know I'm getting old, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have ever had stretches of stupidity or bad luck like this. It's getting expensive.:confused:

I lost 3 discs on the island hole in pawhuska this weekend.

i've lost discs on the extra shot/ mulligan thing. one was a new disc that i just bought and hadnt put my contact info on yet. i haven't lost any putters yet. thank goodness. i hope the pendulum will swing back your way.

I've lost my share and they normally come in bunches like you've described. I did go over 1 1/2 years without losing a disc until this summer at Holler in the Hills in KY. I do have 1 disc that I somehow cannot lose (Discraft Z Avenger). It's been borderline lost on several water shots and somehow made it upon the bank on #10 at Blackhawk in Tulsa (most remember able shot where I knew it was as goner)

Landed hehind the tree next to the water:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1018/af63f00c.jpg

Last edited:
I keep leaving my Clear CryZtal Challenger in the basket. It has happened three times last week to me. Luckily I remembered when I went to putt the next hole.

Last week, I lost a bright orange leopard on a wide open practice field. I walked back and forth across that field for about an hour. The grass was a little long, but I should have been able to find it. It's the baseball field for an elementary school so hopefully some kid found a new toy before a lawn tractor ran over it.

I keep leaving my Clear CryZtal Challenger in the basket. It has happened three times last week to me. Luckily I remembered when I went to putt the next hole.

This is becoming a problem for me. Not so much leaving it in the basket, but on the ground as a marker, then taking my next shot and either being too excited or pissed and leaving it on the ground as I walk away. Sometimes, like you I remember, but lately I guess not.

on a similar note, i have some friends that will abandon a disc search really quickly. i will look for about 30 minutes even if its a mediocre disc. I just hate losing them. My friends will give it up just cause its a little muddy or they dont want to climb one little fence to get it.

I started off pretty good, one almost lost but found after enough searching and then I stayed pretty okay for a while...Then I pitched one right in the water. That one hurt, I loved that XL. This was...3 weeks after starting to play?

A few weeks later I fell in love with my replacement for the XL, a Viking (and like..a ton of other things, but mostly the Viking) and lost it on the SAME COURSE on a DIFFERENT HOLE and we ALL WATCHED THE THING and we have NO IDEA where it went. I'm thinking snapping turtle. Or a deer. Or it spontaneously combusted. Or something.

Then my dad almost lost his disc on his FIRST THROW at Baker farms...but we found it. And I found a Pro Beast while looking for it!

Since them I haven't lost any more..but I almost lost my Buzzz today and it had me really mad because it was just a ridiculously dumb shot and it was in some crazy thick thorny vines. But I did bring her home. I won't leave a disc behind if there is any possibility of finding it.

\/\/

I almost lost one last night. I threw a big annie around some pines and it ended up almost completely buried under pine needles. I lose more from walk-aways than ones I just couldn't locate. I seem to find 3 unmarked for every one I lose though.

Only disc i lost so far was a red star starfire, i threw it rhbh it faded into a area of pine trees looked for about 45 minutes then the sun was setting so i decided i wanted to finish the course. Since it had my contact info on it i figured someone would end up finding it and be generous enough to give me a call.

i've lost discs on the extra shot/ mulligan thing. one was a new disc that i just bought and hadnt put my contact info on yet. i haven't lost any putters yet. thank goodness. i hope the pendulum will swing back your way.

I agree with you. As soon as I throw an extra shot from the tee that seems to lower the probability of me locating my disc in any reasonable amount of time by 75%.

Speaking of losing discs, I played with a buddy of mine on Sunday and it was his first time out. We were playing at White Clay, DE and spent a lot of time looking for his throws (my discs) in the rough, which was pretty bad. However, I am happy to report that I actually came out ahead. I found all of my discs and even an unmarked Star Boss 173g.

Over the last few weeks I've lost several discs. Some weird things. I've lost 2 discs in areas that were not too overgrown and where I saw the path of the disc. I searched for a long time. It's like they were sucked up into a vortex or something. It made no sense. Then, I lost a brand new Destroyer when I forgot to reteive it following a Mulligan shot. To add insult to injury, I just realized that both of my putters were missing from my bag and I have no idea where they could have gone. I checked my truck and tried to mentally retrace my steps following my last round, but I don't recall NOT putting them back in their pocket. They're just gone! I know I'm getting old, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have ever had stretches of stupidity or bad luck like this. It's getting expensive.:confused:

i lost four discs in three days once because of stupid reasons like what you said.

I lost one the other day on the first hole of a course I had never played before. It was a Star Sidewinder I had just gotten a few days before and I was really liking it. It was actually a practice roller shot that took a little to far right, crossed a roadway and went over a little hill. I went over there to find out it was a creek. :eek: I was pretty pissed off but I didn't see anything. I was especially mad because it was an extra practice throw. I noticed that hole nine was on the other side of the creek, so I played on and took a look from the other side. Couldn't see anything but found a branch that the locals leave in a tree to fish out discs so I took it back around and ended up recovering my disc plus a DX Destroyer and a DX Leopard. :)

Last edited:
I just counted up the value on my Lost discs list and its around $300! And those are just the discs I lost since i've been on this website. I probably lost another $100 or so before that, so about $400 worth total. :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, between my gf and I we've lost at least $400 of discs, but that's over 2 years and just under 1000 rounds of disc golf played on 151 courses. It is so frustrating to lose it when you just forget to pick it up, I've driven 50 miles out of my way to go back to a course where I knew I left a disc sitting in the schule.