• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

jkdisc

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
lost my champ firebird today, i'm not giving up completely but i'm not counting on it coming back. i have back-ups but very sad for me.

lost it in water, water is about a foot deep but the mud is like quicksand, i found 3 others (none had names/numbers) dx beast, champ panther, and champ monarch.

I lost my 11X champ firebird a few weeks ago on dry land. I was showing a friend how to throw overhand on a hole and walked off and left it. Came back a few minutes later and someone had picked it up. I went to the guys who had walked through there right after this and they said they didn't see it. Frustrating!

Man that sucks I have never found another disc when I've gone in the water. It least you came out on top.... thats why i dont throw my favs on water holes.

well i gave the beast and panther away right away...i don't use those

lost it in water, water is about a foot deep but the mud is like quicksand, i found 3 others (none had names/numbers) dx beast, champ panther, and champ monarch.

Munden Point? I was asking which course you lost it at. I figured you lost it in those stupid mulch piles at Bayville.

yeah there's never tournaments and it's never busy. i do not go to bayville

I lost my favorite disc, a GL Core i've broken in to perfection down a storm drain (Hot Shots DGC). The man hole cover to go down into it has been cemented over. :(

me too!

I lost my second cherished Wildcat today it held left and faded behind russian olive and when I got to spot there was a shallow river empty banks and no disc even wen tto other side of river to check it out see if it crossed river and went to other side no luck though

i think i have about a 60% chance of getting it back, i know when the water gets low. i just gotta get there before the scroungers ge there

Was throwing some new CE LSs I got in the mail at work in the dusk last night and wasn't able to find them, but luckily they were still there the next day. Whew... I don't really mind losing discs, though, because I've found so many more than I've lost, but some new CEs would've been pretty traumatizing.

I was planning on going back to course later in the day n was gonna have the boys help me look for the disc but ended up at the doctor getting an infected bug bite lanced and drained :thmbup:

that sucks man....my friend lost his ace disc in a lake so i went out there a couple days later to swim for it....it was the 13th disc i found...one of the other discs was also an ace disc so i called the guy and made his day

what sucked was i was excited when i felt a disc under the water and thought i found mine but none were

Another complain about losing a disc thread

Exciting, isn't it?

I was playing Wildwood, doing another triple putter round. I throw an Organic Wizard, Ion and Ridge at every tee and play each lie individually, and keep score for every disc. Quicker than playing 3 one disc rounds, and I get to play with some cool putters I don't normally throw.

Got to hole 7, shanked the drive with my Ridge. Got a lucky kick out of the brush, but still didn't have a good line to the basket. Threw an OH over the tree in front of the basket, heard it hit some leaves on a branch, then nothing. Didn't hear a landing. Proceeded to look for it from about 4pm to sunset. Was pretty fun. Even got a mosquito bite on my lip of all places.

I tried re-throwing the same shot with my Evo Wizard a good 20 times trying to estimate where it would of landed. Climbed multiple trees. Walked through a few spiderwebs, got slashed by some thorns, had mosquitos swarm my sweaty ass...man I love disc golf. :D

Whatever. I'm going out before sunrise tomorrow armed with a shaving sharp machete and hatchet, with my boots, jumpsuit, work gloves and a few changes of clothes just in case. I mean business.

Oh, in the process of looking for my putter, I found two discs. Champ spider and Star Wraith. Both were buried in the ground with about 1 sq. inch visible after I kicked some undergrowth around. I can find that **** but not my disc, which should be out in the open somewhere? Pfft. Oh well, I've been wanting to try a Wraith again, and I know who's it is and he told me to keep it since he's all Discraft these days so that's cool.