• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I'm so into this game... I really, really LIKE my discs...

Give it up, man! Go buy a new Ridge. If you worked less than half this hard to make some dinero... you could buy two or three new discs... just sayin'

Man I have never spent that long looking for a disc. I normally spend about 30 minutes and then give up. Even for my favorite discs. I guess you must really love this disc.

Those are tough ones. Sometimes you just have to take a break and come at it with a fresh perspective. Try not to do too much landscaping, I don't think course designers like it too much. I like to hunt for a lost disc with the sun directly overhead b/c when it's throwing shadows every where it can be a royal pain.

Good luck.

Oh, and if anybody found an uninked blue Eagle-L with "high times" dyed on it, graffiti style at UNC, hook a brother up.

Eh, it's not so much about the disc as it is the principle of it. Yeah, it was a dumb shot, but it's a shot I should of been able to locate. After spending the first hour looking for it and not finding it, it just bugged me. I had to find out where it landed. I feel like I've looked everywhere it could of been. I don't even throw Ridge's seriously, but it bugs me when I don't know where a disc went.

hi mike, just checking in to let you know i found your disc + i'll be keeping it. thanks

I feel your pain. I really think that I've had discs spontaneously combust or have traveled into a different dimension. I looked for a wraith for hours only to have darkness end the search. Somewhere a person just out for a walk, nowhere near a course finds a disc and asks "where the crap did this come from?".
Biz
Team Bert

Those mofos will roll towards the strangest places.

yeah, it rolled man... no telling where it went. buy a new one and give the old one to the DG gods.

Those are tough ones. Sometimes you just have to take a break and come at it with a fresh perspective. Try not to do too much landscaping, I don't think course designers like it too much. I like to hunt for a lost disc with the sun directly overhead b/c when it's throwing shadows every where it can be a royal pain.

Good luck.

Oh, and if anybody found an uninked blue Eagle-L with "high times" dyed on it, graffiti style at UNC, hook a brother up.

:doh:

I lost the very first disc I traded for on DGCR. My 1st Run Stalker...it's in a cesspool. I'm hoping it dries up later in the season...but I highly doubt it. :(

\/\/

I learned a lesson on Saturday with my blue Ion and that is, when throwing a blind hole, where usually my more experienced disc golf buddies and I just seem to know we have a better view of where the disc needs to go than the person throwing, we tend to keep an eye out. That doesnt hold with my fiance and her daughter.

Teed off on a hole where you are pressed against a treeline on your right side and that treeline curves to the right gently as does the fairway toward the basket. I could see maybe 20' before the turn takes away my sight of the fairway and it was a new course so I didnt know that there was also a steep drop off behind those trees and heavy shule on up; so I threw my Ion and turned it over too hard and have no idea where in the combination of heavy brambles and bushes and the drop off it could have gone as it got around the turn out of my sight and I knew it was turning too hard.

Im not mad at my fiance about it. It was just a perfect storm when I normally dont have any fear of that disc not doing exactly what I wanted. Probably a 1 in 20 chance that it was going to do that.

Eh, it's not so much about the disc as it is the principle of it. Yeah, it was a dumb shot, but it's a shot I should of been able to locate. After spending the first hour looking for it and not finding it, it just bugged me. I had to find out where it landed. I feel like I've looked everywhere it could of been. I don't even throw Ridge's seriously, but it bugs me when I don't know where a disc went.

Same here. It bugs me when I can't find it. So I keep looking until I do and sometimes find another disc..

Maybe better luck today...I lost a disc on a drive and couldn't find it for 30 minutes or so, so I finished my round. Came back 2 days later and re-evaluated where I thought it went and walked over and found it easy.

Checked all the trees from various angles on the ground and from up in the tree I was climbing. Thoroughly checked the dried up creek and nearby brush for a roller. Have hacked away tons of undergrowth behind the fairway, nothing. Cool thing is I found someone to trade the spider to for a new Ridge but damn, I just want to know where my gray one ended up landing.

Checked all the trees from various angles on the ground and from up in the tree I was climbing. Thoroughly checked the dried up creek and nearby brush for a roller. Have hacked away tons of undergrowth behind the fairway, nothing. Cool thing is I found someone to trade the spider to for a new Ridge but damn, I just want to know where my gray one ended up landing.

It would of been cool if the person you traded for found yours and you found there. Heh.

Latest posts