• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Back in 2014, I timed my trip to see my sister in Charlotte so that it lined up with the Charlotte Amateur Championship. When I got to Charlotte, I went crazy playing all over the place every day. By the time the tournament started, my arm was shot. Lesson learned. In the first round at Renaissance Gold, I teed off on 9 with my Big Z Buzzz that I bought at Bowling Green. Unfortunately, I put OAT on the throw and it went straightish. I tried to find it and managed to get some of the worst poison ivy in my life. I still have scars from it. I ended up re-teeing and moving on. Today, I received a random text.

I know it's a very late posting but figured better to throw it out here for the sake of trying one more time.
While throwing in Round 1 of the Shelby Park Lake Course Open, Nashville on Jan 2, 2016. I lost a Lime Green Vibram Valley (inked).
Lost from Tee #1 of the temp course. As the disc faded out the it disappeared into a very thick briar patch that best described as being between dog park, small parking lot, & a concrete overlook with a bench.
3 minute rule was observed and left it. Went back next morning and two of us searched but no good.
Likely picked up by someone but if found I will give finder a choice of a new and very nice plastic disc from my collection.

Last edited:
I lost this dye at Crystal Lake park in Beaver Dam, Wi. It's like 35 ft up a tree on 18 and perfectly protected by a ton of branches. Threw discs at it for like 30 min and never moved it. It was raining a bit so I didn't wanna climb for it and die. I had a bunch of discs I didn't care about bc we were throwing over the water at the peninsula and lost 2 more of em on the same branch mine is in.

I'm going to try some more in a few days bc i ll b back in the area. If it falls down hopefully I get a call. My number is on it.

Attachments

• pic_20160212_201910.jpg
    pic_20160212_201910.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 28
Not my story, but knew a guy on the course who had lost a Champ monster, it had his name, number and everything on it. He lost it one day, and expected a call back but to no avail. Weeks go by, no call. Months, no call. About six months later, he is playing behind an older man that plays there all the time. He steps onto the pad, with the same Champ monster, ink still on it. My friend asks if that's a Champ monster, he says yea, I love it. My friend says, by any chance does it haveasy (his name) on it. Long story short, he got the disc back, but it was an awkward round after that.

So someone found my Star Wraith (just texted me) at Golden Gate park, I visit there about once a year. Is there any resource for people drop off discs for Golden Gate park? Do people usually drop off at another course that a has pro shop or something?

I live a couple blocks from a popular course here in Denver and have found quite a few discs. Funniest story I have is I found a new looking Westside driver, texted the dude, and met up with him later that week. The very next day, I was playing the course with my girl and see a brand new ultimate disc from Discraft in the middle of the second fairway, no one is anywhere in sight. So I picked it up and carried it the rest of the round. Hole 3 and 5 are back to back throwing in opposite directions, and someone asks if I found the frisbee. I said yeah, turned around, and it's the same dude that I had given back the Westside disc the day before. We had a pretty good laugh and his friends were busting his balls pretty hard.

Found a disc in the parking lot of Valley View this morning, PM me if it's yours.

Almost ruined a nice Saturday of disc golf by losing a new champ Tern on the last hole. It was only the 4th time I'd thrown it, and it was growing on me, so I didn't want to lose it!

I spent probably 45 minutes looking: where I thought it went, then where I didn't think it went, then in tops of bushes, then back where I thought it went... In the end, another card showed up to play the hole. It happened to be a guy whose disc I returned a few months back. He spent 90 seconds looking, and woila! He found my disc in a spot I swear I had looked three times. I'm chalking that one up to good karma. And the moral of the story is: a "light orange" champion disc ain't easy to find.

Me and a few buddies were playing a warmup round before a local tournamnet, and one of them happened to leave a Chartreuse Star Orc in the weeds of a hole, easily seen by anyone passing. Name and number on the back, and even a description of what happened on the tournament FB page. We checkled back later and it had vanished. Not a soil piped up and said it was found. Left as bad taste in our mouth after leaving Dogwood.

Meanwhile I left 3 discs on various places in the tournament and all three were returned to me. Rec players seemed to be more honest than the upper divisionso this weekend.

Lost my Opto Saint almost six months ago at Hunter Farms DGC. Flew like a dream for me, and I lost it warming up for my tournament. Meaning I was without my main driver for the day.

Fast forward to today, received a text saying they found my saint. At Slippery rock DGC. A different course. It was picked up in the pond on hole 1, meaning somebody found my disc, threw it for I don't know how long, and then loses it in the pond, only for it to be returned to me.

If the person who found it and threw it is reading this, you are a monster.

If the person who found it and texted is reading this, thank you.

Yesterday i found and returned my first lost disc! :) I walked up on the tee pad of hole 16 at my local course, which runs right next to a large creek. I looked over and saw a round pile of mud. I picked it up and wow, there was more mud than disc! It must have been in the bottom for months and resurfaced when it got hot. I banged all the mud off. All i could read was "Innova Driver". I flipped it over and bang, full name and number on the bottom. I was immediately excited becasue i knew i had found someones lost treasure! I called and left a message and he hit me back last night. I told him it was at hole 16 and he was like whaaat!? Apparently he had turned it over into the creek on 6 and eventually made its way all the way down the creek 16! He was very thankful and i was just excited to have the opporitunity to help. So, at some point we're gonna meet up and play a round. Who knows... maybe i found a new golf buddy! Heres to camaraderie!

Lost my third disc Thursday. Red champ Shark3 that faded right down the hill on 6 of Porcupine Ridge out of sight. Probably headed towards the creek, but everything was too thick to locate the disc. Second year in a row I've lost one on that hole, hopefully this one gets returned like the last one was!

Played yesterday evening with some new discs in the bag. I pulled out the new Volt to try on a spike hyzer approach--was only the second throw with the disc. Put it up and it turned a bit sharper than I wanted, getting stuck high in a spruce tree next to the basket. Couldn't climb the tree, couldn't reach that branch to shake it out, couldn't find suitable rocks to try to knock it out.

I expect the next big wind will blow it down. Whether the finder gives me a call is an open question, of course.

So, I've been struggling to get my wraith to not go full hyzer on me lately. I did get it but last week I was still struggling. Got to a hole that's a perfect high hyzer shot and figured I could use the Wraith. Well, of course when I let it rip it comes out as a perfect shot if I were throwing straight right into the tree line. I tried finding it but I have no idea how far back it went. I'm almost positive it's still out there because it's at the next basket in the woods if that hole wasn't at it's alternative pin.

A couple of weeks ago we found a Champion Boss around basket 9 on the backside of La Mirada. Chris Metz is scribbled a few times on the disc but no number. We had let Chris' group play through around hole 3 and later while on the 8th tee we saw them looking for the lost disc. They obviously did not find it. It will soon be located at the La Mirada Pro Shop.

While looking for a friends disc along the fence line I found a gold disc on 5, backside, La Mirada with nada on it. Just about stepped on it amongst the dried pine needles. I can understand why Charles could not find it. Heading towards 8 and Charles is walking our way. It was his. He took a moment to apply his ink so an honest DG'r could call him the next time. According to Charles, this was not the first time that his favorite gold disc was lost. Glad to have been able to return the disc and meet another DG'r.

I lost this dye at Crystal Lake park in Beaver Dam, Wi. It's like 35 ft up a tree on 18 and perfectly protected by a ton of branches. Threw discs at it for like 30 min and never moved it. It was raining a bit so I didn't wanna climb for it and die. I had a bunch of discs I didn't care about bc we were throwing over the water at the peninsula and lost 2 more of em on the same branch mine is in.

I'm going to try some more in a few days bc i ll b back in the area. If it falls down hopefully I get a call. My number is on it.

Couldn't climb the tree, couldn't reach that branch to shake it out, couldn't find suitable rocks to try to knock it out.

Keep a baseball in your bag for the next time you get one stuck in a tree. It's much easier than throwing discs (which might also get stuck) and doesn't take up much bag space.

Last edited:

Latest posts