• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Last summer, I played at Highbridge Hills for the first time but the day I decided to go it ended up raining the entire day.

Regardless, I wasn't gonna let that deter me from having fun so I played the Woodland Greens course first then went and tackled The Bear.

Absolute horrible conditions to play what some say is the hardest course on the property but alas, I was having a good round up until hole 13. I threw my beat-in PFN Star Roadrunner on a nice hyzer flip and watched it fade to the left around the bend about 200 feet up the fairway. Like, literally watched my disc fade to the left side into the woods but when I walked up the fairway to look for it in the woods, it was nowhere to be found and I really spent a good 25-30 minutes looking cuz I love that disc.

Needless to say, I had to give up out of frustration and finished off my round. I messaged Mountain Man (Tom) later that day to let him know I lost a disc on hole 13 and he told me he'd look for it the following day. Well, MM is a man of his word and sure enough a few days later he texts me to let me know his dog found it while they were doing some maintenance work on The Bear. He told me that it ended up on the RIGHT side of the fairway somehow even though I actually did quickly check the right side as discs are known to sometimes cut roll in the opposite direction you saw it land in but didn't see it anywhere which is weird because the right side of the fairway on 13 has very minimal rough / things that would hide your disc.

There's been a handful of other occasions where I lost a disc on a certain course, then I get a text from someone saying they found it on a completely different course (I lost a green Champ Teebird at Rockford University and this dude told me he found it at another course nearby). Although, recently, I accidentally left my Champion Super Stingray on the ground right by basket #9 at my favorite local 9er and haven't gotten any texts so far which is kind of disappointing. Oh well.

Last edited:
There's been a handful of other occasions where I lost a disc on a certain course, then I get a text from someone saying they found it on a completely different course (I lost a green Champ Teebird at Rockford University and this dude told me he found it at another course nearby). Although, recently, I accidentally left my Champion Super Stingray on the ground right by basket #9 at my favorite local 9er and haven't gotten any texts so far which is kind of disappointing. Oh well.

It's crazy how a disc can skip and roll from one course to another, often to a course in another state.:D
Maybe I should have used the :wall: icon instead?

It's crazy how a disc can skip and roll from one course to another, often to a course in another state.:D
Maybe I should have used the :wall: icon instead?

Lol I've texted people whose discs I've found and when I tell them that I found it at so-and-so course, they're like "WHAT?? I lost that disc in a completely different state!".

So yea, there's definitely people out there that will find your disc on the ground, put it in their bag and use it until they themselves lose the disc and then you're at the mercy of whoever ends up finding your disc again.

It's a vicious cycle, man.

1.) At Sunday Leagues playing a new course. Backup happens at 13 which is a dogleg right around a lake. Watch 1-2 golfer a card toss into the lake trying to hyper in from over the lake into the green. Overhanging tree keep kicking them into the icy water.

My turn, I plan to forehand my beat in instinct with an eagle stamp left off the tee and just play safe. On the tee, I decide to throw a backhand through the safe gap, but for some reason with the same disc. Well I gridlocked it over the water. It started to hyzer back in to the green, there was hope. Until it hit the trees and kicked back into the water. Lost to the depths.

2.) Was catching up to a group of 8 on the last couple of holes of today's round. I found a star wraith in a bush with the name "Space" on it. Bag it till I reach the group. Ask them "Where is Space?" They look at me having no idea what I'm talking about. Get back to my car and call the number, as Space picks up I realize the flight plate is cracked. He said he tossed it in the garbage. Someone must of pulled it out to throw. I put it in the trash, again.

Third lost disc of the year what was my longest serving disc in the bag of 2 1/2 years a G-Star Mamba. Hole #13 long tee Bennets Creek Suffolk, Virginia about a 240-foot carry to the other side, hole is 380 feet add on another 30 feet with elevation. I'm LHBH making it difficult on the uphill dogleg left clearing overhanging branches above the marsh. It was my first lost disc on the hole in two years, a little late release on the new turf pad went right for the overhanging branches and dropped into the muck. I could see it, but not worth losing my shoes to get it. From Virginia Beach to Williamsburg #13 long tee is one of my favorite holes to play because of difficulty and scenic.

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
The past six weeks lost my 4th and 5th disc of the year, both on my home course Munden Point in Virginia Beach, both into the North Landing River on #8 when wind was blowing at least 25 mph.

A Star Charger when my plant foot was sore and gave the disc a late release straight for the river.

A Pig that I had in my bag for 2 1/2 years going for the long basket on the edge of the river, and watch the wind take it and flip it over a few times, I had thrown that disc on that hole several times in that type of wind and had never seen the Pig get flipped like that.

Lost a disc in a little pond in a local course last weekend. Planned on going back the next evening to wade in the water and grab it. Someone called that next morning saying they had retrieved my disc. Didn't want to inconvenience anyone, so I told them huge thanks and just to stash it on the course somewhere. They did. Was gonna be a while before I got back to that park. Before I could get there, someone else found said disc. They also reached out. Told them what was going on. They left disc there and I went and got it tonight.

Only the 2nd time ever I've been contacted about a lost disc. And this time, by two different people! Really happy to get my disc back.

Going through a bad lost disc streak currently. I have lost 5 in the past month after not losing any since early autumn last year. 3, I lost in the same spot on the same hole at my local course (think Princess Bride- "The Fire Swamp"). 1, left on a fairway after forgetting to pick it up following a throw.
Anybody else have bad lost disc streaks like myself?

Going through a bad lost disc streak currently. I have lost 5 in the past month after not losing any since early autumn last year. 3, I lost in the same spot on the same hole at my local course (think Princess Bride- "The Fire Swamp"). 1, left on a fairway after forgetting to pick it up following a throw.
Anybody else have bad lost disc streaks like myself?

Last year July-August 6 discs after going about 5 months without losing one. 3 of them first time loses on holes off fairway with grass almost head high, known for snakes that time of the year. I peeked and let it go. The other three home course Munden Point holes 8 and 9 shared fairway water on three sides from a river. In 3 1/2 years I've lost about 3 dozen discs, majority high wind.

A few months ago for the first time I forgot to pick a disc up off fairway, didn't notice until later.

Last year July-August 6 discs after going about 5 months without losing one. 3 of them first time loses on holes off fairway with grass almost head high, known for snakes that time of the year. I peeked and let it go. The other three home course Munden Point holes 8 and 9 shared fairway water on three sides from a river. In 3 1/2 years I've lost about 3 dozen discs, majority high wind.

A few months ago for the first time I forgot to pick a disc up off fairway, didn't notice until later.

Forgetting to pick up a disc is the worst. I've 'lost' putters by forgetting to grab them out of the basket too. Most of the time when I forget to pick up a disc, I've been lucky enough to back-track through the course to where I left it and there it be. Last week when I forgot to grab my Gstar Mamba on the fairway, it was several holes later when I noticed and the course was busy so I moved on.

Losing a disc is inevitable. I prefer it be one I can grab from the local disc golf shop that carries them, unlike the Mint Jackalope I lost to a swamp last week!

Forgetting to pick up a disc is the worst. I've 'lost' putters by forgetting to grab them out of the basket too. Most of the time when I forget to pick up a disc, I've been lucky enough to back-track through the course to where I left it and there it be. Last week when I forgot to grab my Gstar Mamba on the fairway, it was several holes later when I noticed and the course was busy so I moved on.

Losing a disc is inevitable. I prefer it be one I can grab from the local disc golf shop that carries them, unlike the Mint Jackalope I lost to a swamp last week!

A couple of years ago, I hit barrel from about 180 feet thru tree canopy. As I was walking to the tree, under the tree, and past the tree I was admiring where my disc had passed thru. I was admiring it so much I walked past the basket backwards turning towards the next tee and forgetting the putter. Two holes later I scored my first ace, as I went to put the disc back in the bag, I noticed the putter missing. I went from jubilation to cursing myself out. The disc was still there when I went jogging back to get it. Nobody was playing behind me.

I went to NJ to play Greystone Woods and lost my favorite Envy. Hole 9 tunnel shot version, nearly perfect, had a weird skip and landed in the very corner of the lake by the basket.

It's red rimmed and clear, and I'd pay someone 100 bucks to get it back.

Going to go cry.

Is this swamp complete with rodents of unusual size???

Nah. :D Just complete with an inordinate amount of lost plastic. You got a set of 4 trees to go through in front of the tee for RHBH. If you throw on a hyzer or even too straight at times you are likely doomed as after those trees you throw through, the fairway slopes down to the left. One or two skips, and your disc is almost assuredly in the swamp about 220feet-ish up the fairway to the left.

I went to NJ to play Greystone Woods and lost my favorite Envy. Hole 9 tunnel shot version, nearly perfect, had a weird skip and landed in the very corner of the lake by the basket.

It's red rimmed and clear, and I'd pay someone 100 bucks to get it back.

Going to go cry.

Those Envy's are precious, earlier in the year my Eclipse Envy went flying into a large pile of leaves. I spent at least 10 minutes kicking leaves before finding it, getting ready to have a Tom Hanks "Wilson" meltdown.

Those Envy's are precious, earlier in the year my Eclipse Envy went flying into a large pile of leaves. I spent at least 10 minutes kicking leaves before finding it, getting ready to have a Tom Hanks "Wilson" meltdown.

Man, I actually did buy an Eclipse Envy about 6 months ago. Took a stack of putters to the field to try it, and for some stupid reason I left it out there because I wasn't used to remembering to look for that one.

Went back a few days later and couldn't find it. That might be my most embarrassingly idiotic lost disc actually lol.

Man, I actually did buy an Eclipse Envy about 6 months ago. Took a stack of putters to the field to try it, and for some stupid reason I left it out there because I wasn't used to remembering to look for that one.

Went back a few days later and couldn't find it. That might be my most embarrassingly idiotic lost disc actually lol.

I haven't lost one on the practice field yet. A few months ago, for the first time, I left a disc behind on the fairway after setting my bag down to play my approach and didn't pick up my tee disc to put it back in the bag. This was on the first hole, didn't notice until the B9 when I went to grab it, and a lot of people playing behind me. Went to look for it after 18, and it was gone.

What was embarrassing, it was the first hole playing with member jeffmonty who was visiting in my area. He probably thought I was a knucklehead. I've been paranoid since then, counting my disc several times during a round.

I haven't lost one on the practice field yet. A few months ago, for the first time, I left a disc behind on the fairway after setting my bag down to play my approach and didn't pick up my tee disc to put it back in the bag. This was on the first hole, didn't notice until the B9 when I went to grab it, and a lot of people playing behind me. Went to look for it after 18, and it was gone.

What was embarrassing, it was the first hole playing with member jeffmonty who was visiting in my area. He probably thought I was a knucklehead. I've been paranoid since then, counting my disc several times during a round.

I've been counting mine too after every hole. Ain't no way I'm losing (or forgetting to pick up) another Gstar Mamba. Also, I would really be embarassed if I lost my dyed Star Leopard3 my brother got me for my birthday last month!

Ok, I just have to make an addendum to my latest posts whining about losing discs, etc. I think I explained I was on a bad streak of losing discs. Today, I returned to a course where I lost my purple Pro Leopard (brand new) in some rough 35 feetish away from the green 11 days ago. I had already played the course one more time since I lost the Leopard - searching again on the hole I lost it that time but to no avail. This time out I was at the hole I lost it. I threw my tee-shot. I walked down to the rough generally where I had lost my disc - mainly to mope, which is what I did as I stood there looking up to the sky in resignation. As I looked up to the sky, there was a tree above my head with a purple disc stuck in the branches. Looked at my feet and there was a decent size rock. With the second try, I tossed the rock above my head and knocked the disc out - voila! - my lost Pro Leopard (amazingly still there unnoticed for 11 days by assuredly a bunch of throwers as they played the hole!)
I am sure this has happened a bunch of times to you guys and I am also sure there have been similar stories in this very thread. Finding my disc today was ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

I have a hole at my place #12 on the mirkwood set... it has a slight curve but looks straight, which is deceptive when spotting... lots of scrub and tons of pecker poles for random bounces. I've lost and looked many times, some discs for over a month.

Best way to find a lost disc is to take bright coloured back ups and bomb them on equally crappy shots. Often you will find the lost disc right there by your other one. Another trick is to let the school kids play a round, they spray them everywhere!!!! Obviously this doesn't work as well on public courses.

I found one yesterday that I forgot I lost, I guess I was testing that fission reactor about 6 weeks ago, at dusk haha. Found it with a glow hex off a tree. Maybe I should keep a list when I lose them for future reference.

Last edited: