• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Same round I lost this on #14. It's most likely still in the woods somewhere. Grip locked it right of the tee...not very far out from the tee. Not a place where many people would go looking as the hole is a huge hyzer bomb. Disc is a Cotton Candy Pink/Purple. Has my name and number on back. Rafe Preston.
576888_618868520948_974019798_n.jpg

I have a teebird that matches this.

Lost a beat Orange DX Orc in the pond on hole 17 at Alexander Park in Lawrenceville GA yesterday, my name and number is on it but dont bother calling if you find it, just keep it or throw it back in the water

Lost a day-glo Champion Destroyer on hole #11 at Acorn Park in St. Paul/Roseville on Saturday. :( Threw it because I wouldn't be too upset about losing it in the snow. I lost it in the snow. :thmbdown:

Enjoy it whoever finds it!

Lost a beat Orange DX Orc in the pond on hole 17 at Alexander Park in Lawrenceville GA yesterday, my name and number is on it but dont bother calling if you find it, just keep it or throw it back in the water

got a call from discstalker today, someone dove the lake looking for thier own lost disc and pulled out a bunch including mine, welcome home beat Orange DX Orc

Left behind rainbow disc at BRYS PARK

Left behind my rainbow midrange disc at Brys on 2-24-13
Im offering a large reward if you found it!
Contact me and we can work out meeting up

I've thrown perfect shots that have slid into the snow. Nothing worse than losing a disc that you know landed close to the pin. The joys of living in MN.

Threw my Zero Mercy too far on hole 6 at Fort Yargo state park. It's a short hole, downhill, with a steeper slope after the basket, and then the lake. Anyway, I wrist rolled, and it turned over, and kept going, and going, and going, and hit the fence right by the water, and rolled in. There's a good maybe 10 foot drop from where the fence is, with just water at the bottom, so I didn't get it back. I could see it, I should get a Golden Retriever -w-

I cannot read this entire thread, so I have absolutely no idea if anyone feels the same as me. Here is my story. Coming up here in April will be my first full year of Disc golf. I have always got the impression that most disc golfers want their disc back, and I started off with this mentality. I always wanted my lost disc returned. Then as months went on and I started losing more and more disc. I realized this is a part of the game.. plastic comes and goes. So I asked myself why get so attached. For me the answer was clear, absolutely no point in getting attached to a disc. Someday it's going to either get lost or so badly beat in that you will have to retire it anyways. it's too easy for me to walk into a store and find another perfect match.. even if it isn't broken in.

Lost Disc's: So above I realized disc will come and go. In the beginning I wrote my name and number on all my disc, and I still do to this day... sorta out of habit, and partially because the impression I have always got is that disc golfers want their disc returned, and that most of them that have found a lost disc named or nameless have a guilty concise problem.. where it eats at them if they feel they aren't doing the "right thing". So yes I have my name and number on my disc, but it's always so that you can call me, and I can tell you congrats, enjoy the new plastic, thanks for "doing the right thing". It helps people sleep at night knowing they did "the right thing". I personally don't like it this way. I love playing disc golf. I respect that I will lose lots of disc in my "career". I also want people to enjoy something like I do, which is the feeling of finding a new disc. I love being able to say to people enjoy the new plastic. I wish more disc golfers felt this way. One of the main reasons I like to find and keep lost plastic is it often gives me the chance to throw something I would have never picked up on my own. I truly wish the mindset on lost disc changed a bit.. so many disc golfers make disc finders out to be criminal, just absolutely ridiculous. Even for people who specifically go out of their way to find lost disc, I have nothing against those people. If you left it for any of these reasons: 1. couldn't find it 2. went in the water 3. accidentally left it behind 4..... Then JUST MOVE ON, it's part of the game, it happens. Let someone else have a gift, and an exciting day. Who knows maybe your lost disc made someone else so happy that they had shot under par, or aced a hole, or cheered them up. I just think this whole lost disc situation is insane.

P.S. I lost 2 Disc's today. My star roadrunner, and my westside VIP King. Both of those are gifts to whoever get them. Both of them are in water. One is at Little Lehigh Parkway in the water on whole 3 here in PA, and the other is at Jordan Creek, PA, on whole 7 in the pond. If you get them ENJOY! I hope it makes your day. P.S. if you were to go to hole 7 at Jordan Creek with a lake rake you could probably land yourself over a 300 disc... if you spent a whole day there. The pond eats up disc, but the upside is a lake rake does work there. For some odd reason no one gets disc out of this pond... a true treasure chest for anyone willing to scuba in it haha. The dgcourse review for the course recommends players just leave their disc behind on this hole if swallowed up by the pond.. My guess is you could open an entire store if you drained this pond. This pond is not that big, or deep.. just people seem intimidated by it.

Last edited:
Also one of my favorites was the time I lost a disc, and then 3 months later found it exactly where I had left it the first time. I did not know where I left it, but when I found it, it all came together. I was so shocked that no one else had found it.

My Comet went sledding on #24 at Rodgers Lakewood

My last lost disc was interesting and stupid. Instead of picking up my Comet and placing it safely in my bag I decided to toss it towards the hanging basket to pick up when I holed out. The beautifully marbled X Comet hung in the air, started to fade left, hit the ground on the rim, flipped over on its flight path and went sledding down the hill.

I didn't think anything of it as I watched it slowly slide down the snowy, slightly sloped fairway and towards the half frozen pond. I didn't rush to stop it, I just watched as it slowly made its way to on to the icy pond and thought "I will be able to get it off the ice once it stops." HA! Nope!

The Comet reached the pond only to gain momentum and slide, slide, slide and keep sliding until it was in the middle of the water hazard (about 100' from shore at most). I contemplated walking out on the ice but made a wise decision not to risk hypothermia on a $12 disc. I said, "F it" moved on to play another round of disc golf.

Here in Jacksonville visiting my parents and got a chance to finally play Ed Austin park and I only had an hour and half so I was rushing, I blatantly left a Dx Aviar I think between 7th-9th holes and my Zline BuzzSS :( on the 16th or 18th hole. They were unmarked so I hope someone enjoys them I loved my Buzz, oh well though I guess this just gives me an excuse to try out the Comet.

I lost this Nuke SS almost a year ago, but think of it every time I drive by the exit for the course when going down the highway. One of my first difficult to cut dyes and favorite companies. Hopefully this will help me feel better about it. I threw it as a second throw off the tee and turned it to the right, which was the worst spot. I am very fortunate not to be allergic to poison ivy, but it went into a forest of low lying plants and poison ivy. I was also with a friend who seems to get a rash from poison ivy just by looking at it. He also had his 1 year old in a stroller. Even longer story short, 3 minutes of searching by myself and we moved on. Hopefully the person who found it appreciates the disc and time it took to hand-cut and dye.
IMG_20120204_102518_zps890941ca.jpg

Threw a pearly monster into The local pond a yr ago. Well Friday I pulled it out (3rd monster I've lost there)

Well today on the first throw after retrieving it I threw it back in. This hole isn't even a hazard unless you get a REALLY bad tree kick like I did. To top it off I lost Pearly monster #4 later in the day on a safari hole that will be in the upcoming tourney there. I have one last monster tucked away. Going to have to break it out.

DISC LOST IN HAWAII FOUND IN THE OCEAN!!

I was at staying at Bellows AFB (Oahu) at the end of January. They have a 9 hole course (which is actually a 5 hole since 4 holes are fenced off) so I brought a Buzz and a Cyclone so I could play it. On the first day there, my bro and I were tossing my ESP/FLX Buzz around on the beach when a toss went into the water. It sank Immediately of course. I went running in to grab it but the search mission was cancelled by a life guard on account of the beach being closed due to high bacteria levels. So one of my favorite discs was lost on the first day in Hawaii. I had my name and number on it and asked the lifeguards to keep an eye out for it. After a week of no discs washing ashore, I officially tagged it as lost.

A month and a half later, I get a call from Hawaii. A diver who went treasure diving, spotted my disc under a reef somewhere. The current had taken it out to a place the locals call "Garbage Reef". Dude is mailing it back to me!! Still can't believe it.

Went to the local park today by my house to practice my drives. It's not a disc golf park, just a regular old park. Wide open field, nothing around that I could reach unless I broke off a 500 foot throw (and I only throw 300-350).

I was pretty much throwing my whole bag and threw my custom dyed ESP Avenger Captain America disc. I was trying to hyzer flip it and sliced it hard and the wind pulled it way left. It landed on the hill to the left about 250 feet out. No problem.

Only when I went to get it along with 10 of my other discs I'd thrown it wasn't there. I am dumbfounded.

I have three theories.

1. I forgot where I actually threw it. I was throwing so many this is actually possible but I looked for almost an hour around the whole area I was throwing. No Cap.

2. It turned into a hard core roller and is 1000 feet from where it landed.

3. there were a lot of kids running around the park and one of the snot nosed brats saw Captain America's mighty shield flying through the air and snagged it

The Avenger is my money disc and my best driver. I've got a backup in z-line I throw a lot two but this ESP was only 2 months old and has just gotton to the sweet spot where I was throwing it over my z-line. It's got my name and number on it. Who knows.

I was at staying at Bellows AFB (Oahu) at the end of January. They have a 9 hole course (which is actually a 5 hole since 4 holes are fenced off) so I brought a Buzz and a Cyclone so I could play it. On the first day there, my bro and I were tossing my ESP/FLX Buzz around on the beach when a toss went into the water. It sank Immediately of course. I went running in to grab it but the search mission was cancelled by a life guard on account of the beach being closed due to high bacteria levels. So one of my favorite discs was lost on the first day in Hawaii. I had my name and number on it and asked the lifeguards to keep an eye out for it. After a week of no discs washing ashore, I officially tagged it as lost.

A month and a half later, I get a call from Hawaii. A diver who went treasure diving, spotted my disc under a reef somewhere. The current had taken it out to a place the locals call "Garbage Reef". Dude is mailing it back to me!! Still can't believe it.

That's a good one.