• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Well I went and played with my friend the other day, and he has only ever played a handful of times and always with me, and with my spare discs. I caught him on 3 separate occasions forgetting to pick up his disc after he threw from his lie. He would basically just throw and walk away. I thought I caught him doing this every time, and whelp I was wrong. Did a quick inventory when I got home and he lost my yellow Surge SS with a Spring Fling MS Charity stamp. Lost somewhere at Seatac, but god knows where. Of course has my ink on it, though I think she's a goner for sure.......

So california kid that I am, I threw a brand new pro rhyno on hole 4 at sky high a week ago, that went a bit long. Hole 4 has a steep hill right behind it and there's snow on the ground. Guess what color my rhyno was. That's right, it was white. Stupid!! First time playing in snow. On the next tee box my wife asks if she can throw one too. I give her my esp avenger and she forgets to let go and sends it down the mountain. 2 holes, 2 discs.

Bought a max weight wizard yesterday at PIAS. First throw I turned it over and burned it into the only water on McCurry park in Fayetteville, GA. I could just see it under the water but first poke with a stick and it drifted deeper. Bringing a rake back tomorrow before work. Hadn't inked it yet.

Lost an Opto Air Bolt into the snow, thought it would turn up as the snow slowly melted. Went back again today, the the snow was almost gone, and no disc. Oh well.

Lost a pink starlite teebird at nockamixon state park on hole 7. Went for a huge sweeping hyzer and a second after release felt a huge gust of a headwind that had flipped it up and out towards the marina. Sad day. Sad day indeed. Was about a week or so ago.

Bought a max weight wizard yesterday at PIAS. First throw I turned it over and burned it into the only water on McCurry park in Fayetteville, GA. I could just see it under the water but first poke with a stick and it drifted deeper. Bringing a rake back tomorrow before work. Hadn't inked it yet.

Found it.:D

Waiting for the ice to thaw

Lost one my first beginner discs in Wellington, CO. Skipped off the ice and into a whole. Just waiting for a nice warm day to go in with water shoes and goggles.

My friends car was stolen from the Lake View Terrace area last week. All his discs were in the trunk. If you happen to see some sketchy add on CL or something similar please let me know. He throws a lot of Legacy plastic and all his discs are inked. He had just bought a camo fade bag as well, so that is also a give-away. Thanks.

Plantation HTG

Lost a blue 174 champion Starfire with no ink. Please message me if found for your reward. Lost 3/22 in reeds on #12 at Plantation, Fl.
Peter

I think I lost more discs in the summer then i did in the winter. Which is a total of 0. Ribbons are nice.

Ok, here is a good story. I just got a text from a guy in Richmond, VA. He found an orange champion wraith I used to have, in the lake at Bryan Park. Funny thing is I sold that disc to a friend over two years ago in Cincinnati, OHIO, lol. I even remember the day he lost it, also over two yrs ago, at Mt Airy Forest in cincy. Its amazing how a disc can get around. I hope this guy has some luck in get one of his back that's good karma he even called me. :thmbup: :thmbup:

Lost two and found four yesterday. Called the number that was on one disc and got to play 18 more with Jeremy when he came to get his disc. Hard to beat a day like that.

Anytime I play RL Smith in Charlotte I know I am going to lose a couple!!! Thats just part of the fun.

Lost my Mako3 at Mathews Park December 24th, and couldn't remember where I lost it. Looked once, but assumed someone found it. Got a call yesterday from the local disc shop, Disc Stalker, saying that someone had found it and turned it in. Picked it up today, a little faded but still in good shape. Props to the family who found it and turned. I have played in tournaments with several of the kids, good players (they beat me - which isn't saying much), but from what I witnessed on the course, better kids.

Lost my Mako3 at Mathews Park December 24th, and couldn't remember where I lost it. Looked once, but assumed someone found it. Got a call yesterday from the local disc shop, Disc Stalker, saying that someone had found it and turned it in. Picked it up today, a little faded but still in good shape. Props to the family who found it and turned. I have played in tournaments with several of the kids, good players (they beat me - which isn't saying much), but from what I witnessed on the course, better kids.

Great family indeed! Looks like I'll be playing with the eldest son next weekend at Alex.

Lost two yesterday at the ****ty little 9 holer in Bothell WA. The first one I lost (just left it - walked away. Goddangit...) was on hole 9 the first lap - my cherished 15+ year old stratus I got from PDGA # 010, then on hole 8 the second lap I tossed my new but very much liked 2004 champ valk up by the #9 teepad, where some guys were teeing off. Went up to look for it as they were walking off, looked for 30 minutes, couldn't find it. Walked back to the parking lot and asked the chucker group who was teeing off on hole 9 when I lost my disc on 8 if they happened to see my disc and all I got was 'oh yeah, I lose discs here all the time'. I know one of those ****birds had it. So I go back, look for another 10 minutes and head back to my car. On the way I run into a group that was in front of me for the first lap, asked if they happened to run across my stratus I left on hole 9 and one of the people in the group immediately replied - 'we haven't gotten that far yet'. ???? WTF?!?? I cannot stand disc theives. Losing a disc in the river/lake is one thing. Having people lie to your face about a stolen disc though, it just makes me sick.

Last edited:
found several discs over the past few days. 2 are waiting in a shop for their owners, 1 is shipped to its owner and the last one was pretty cool:

so i was throwing lakewood hills today, keeping an eye out for discs. lots of punks run through there just to find them and keep them so i try to get them first where ever i go. i found an opto bolt w/no ink peeking through the snow off the fairway on hole 10. on hole 14, i see a buddy of mine on hole 3 and say "hi" and cut my round short to throw a round with them instead.

he's with a guy i don't know, but i see that this person has a ton of MVP in his bag. i found an MVP disc in the middle of the trail earlier, no ink, so i ask "hey, have you lost a disc lately?" and he goes "naw man, but back in december i lost a bolt on hole 10!"

"you mean this one?"

yes indeed!

Last edited: