• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Q: How many times do you call/text/leave voicemails on a number you have on a disc before you get out the alcohol and claim it?

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

LOST LOST
Lost my fairly new Saint Opto 175 (Orange Sparkle, Green Stamp) when I uncorked a drive probably 550'+ over the line of trees into the "private property where discs are lost as neighbors are tired of disc golfers" in Wickham Park in CT... I usually throw 200'-250' yet it full on cleared the trees (probably my best throw ever)

Took out Agent Orange... my vintage Orange/Black Stamp unnumbered 172 Sidewinder... and hit the trees!!!

so my 2 fav discs gone to never never land maybe in the trees... though searching yielded only shredded shins from prickers and not a glimpse... more likely in the yard... so sad

One of my buddies lost a crappy white Boss on hole #6 at Leinen Los in Gößweinstein. No markings. I realize the minimal chances of someone finding it actually being on dgcr, but it's worth a shot.

LOST LOST
Lost my fairly new Saint Opto 175 (Orange Sparkle, Green Stamp) when I uncorked a drive probably 550'+ over the line of trees into the "private property where discs are lost as neighbors are tired of disc golfers" in Wickham Park in CT... I usually throw 200'-250' yet it full on cleared the trees (probably my best throw ever)

Took out Agent Orange... my vintage Orange/Black Stamp unnumbered 172 Sidewinder... and hit the trees!!!

so my 2 fav discs gone to never never land maybe in the trees... though searching yielded only shredded shins from prickers and not a glimpse... more likely in the yard... so sad

Wait a tick...you usually throw ~225 but you randomly threw 550+?
I'm thinking either you typically throw farther than you think, or that drive didn't go far as you think...

I was bummed to lose one of my favorite go-to discs this morning at East Roswell Park on hole 5. It's a reddish purple champion Orc. It was such a bummer because I thought I was going to have an easy birdie on the hole. I saw it kick up dirt probably less than 15 feet from the basket and then I thought I saw it roll slightly behind the basket, but I thought it settled. When I got up to it, it was nowhere to be found. It must have had a nasty roll somewhere, but I searched for about 10 minutes before calling it quits. I hate leaving a soldier behind.

^^ You gave up after ten minutes?

Are you sure it was a "go-to"?

It was early morning and I had to get to work. I picked up a champ Starfire from a local Sports Authority at lunchtime and it seems to be a decent replacement until I can get another Orc.

Wait a tick...you usually throw ~225 but you randomly threw 550+?
I'm thinking either you typically throw farther than you think, or that drive didn't go far as you think...

yeah... well... I'd been working the arms quite a bit at work, and stacking wood on the side... got the angle just right and... whoops... off it went...

legit went about 225 further than usual... my normal playing buddy was like "wow, I don't know whether to congratulate you on the throw or console you on the lost disc"

I was throwing 350ish the rest of the day so... quantum leap forward in the distance dept...

My daughter actually went out to Woodland Mound with a friend and played disc golf today. Without Dad! Unfortunately, they put her yellow Valkyrie into one of the disc eating cedars and couldn't get it down. If anyone is kind enough to call the number on the disc, it would be awesome to get it back for her bag. Thanks!

My daughter actually went out to Woodland Mound with a friend and played disc golf today. Without Dad! Unfortunately, they put her yellow Valkyrie into one of the disc eating cedars and couldn't get it down. If anyone is kind enough to call the number on the disc, it would be awesome to get it back for her bag. Thanks!

Bummer! What kind of Valk?

Bummer! What kind of Valk?

Nothing special, but a lighter champ Valk she wasn't throwing. It was her guy friend who threw it. I've already had three buddies offer me something similar for her to try, so it's all good.

I'm not always sure why I list lost discs anyway. Maybe it's just for the 'you never know' factor. As I'm getting towards the middle of my third year of playing (including a bunch of tourneys), I've gone through boatload of 'em, & now see discs as more akin to golf balls than clubs, in terms of value. For instance, I just grip-locked my beat, flippy, orange proto Mamba into the skin-shredding jungle at Osage Grove between the 17th tee and the bend of the 18th fairway. I had to convince the guys it really wasn't worth the loss of blood to go get it. If a kind hearted soul finds it this winter, and calls, that'd be awesome, but it's OK of it's gone for good. It had a nice run.

don't know if it was so much lost as stolen. Threw a perfect hyzer with my brand new DD judge and when i went to the basket it wasn't there. A couple people walked by before out group finished throwing so I don't know. My name and number is on the back. Hopefully someone just thought it was lost and phones later

Just lost a blue BioFuzion Escape at Buffalo Run DGC in McAlester. A friend of mine borrowed it and when he teed off on hole 5 it sailed right into a couple trees to the right of the fairway. We tried for about 20 minutes but couldn't find it on the ground or in the tree.

Got back a Star Wraith today.
It had gone (far left and into snow/schule mixture) missing on the 18th hole
at Hiestand Park in December....
..... 5 and a half years ago.
Somebody turned it into Glide and Mike recognized my black dot dye work.

Found an odd disc today - rectangular, folded, full of green paper and plastic rectangles. Took it to the police.

I lost a champion Katana yesterday at Lincoln Ridge on hole 12. Was a pretty nice throw, landed somewhere in the brush between the basket for 19 and the basket for 12. I didn't have much time to look for it as there was a tournament going on. Tye Dye Champion Katana with an Apple sticker on the top, my name and number are inked on the bottom. Really hooping I get a call back on this one, was my go to driver for over a year and a half. I know there's a few ppl in this thread who play in my area, so if you find it. Plz give me a call, I have 2 under stamp wraiths ill give as a reward for returning it lol :)

Got back a Star Wraith today.
It had gone (far left and into snow/schule mixture) missing on the 18th hole
at Hiestand Park in December....
..... 5 and a half years ago.
Somebody turned it into Glide and Mike recognized my black dot dye work.

Wonder if that's a record?