• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost favorite driver. Dynamic Disc Lucid Witness Blue misprint @ Nockamixion hole 17. Pulled it to the right into the bushes or the boulder field. Name and number on the disc.

Thanks.

Lost a grayish purple Stiletto on hole 10 at Fritz yesterday in the creek. Shouldn't have been playing right after the rain, water was too high to find it. Went back today, but it was nowhere to be found.

I spent 3 hours looking for a lost tie-dye Envy on hole 1 at Renny Gold. Slipped out of my hand just left of the tree right in front of the teepad and hyzered into the now "trimmed" brush.

I will make it worth your trouble and then some if you find it. $$, discs, lessons, all 3, your call.

Was the damn thing magical?! 3 hours is insane mike. Good luck man!! I've already lost both those volts I bagged right when I got them from you :wall:

if anyone calls you about those... LMK lol.....

Something about losing a disc 5' off the fairway in a spot where you "know" you can find it just gets to me. If I tossed it into some deep water I could care less, but knowing it's right there...nope, going back asap tomorrow.

Did you lose one at Blue Ribbon Pines? Someone did contact me about one they found there but they didn't specify color or plastic. It's in the mail, and if its one of yours I'll get it to you.

Man do I hear that... I lost a sparkle crave which I watch hit a tree, fall to the ground and walk off like it had damn legs.

wow! that's cool yes it was actually just last week too that crazy fast for being right in the middle of a pond. Ill send you some $ for shipping for sure. Other one I "left" behind like an idiot throwing some practice drives.

lol I actually figured people would read and wonder if it was you and for sure return the discs so I didn't put my # over the ink.. hahaha it worked! this will be #2 to ever be returned that I have lost.

Sometimes a little stubborness goes a long way :)

Promise to throw you better today Envy!

EMuEJqs.jpg

Lost my orange Destroyer today. It went down an animal/drain hole that's at least 6 feet deep. Not a fun feeling knowing your disc is less than 10 feet away from you, but you have to walk away without it :(

Sometimes a little stubborness goes a long way :)

Promise to throw you better today Envy!

EMuEJqs.jpg

yeah, but if that disc throws you wrong it'll never find you :D

i'm good at losing leopards... lost my second today:
DX leopard, white, 150g, off to the right of goucher college hole #5... about half way to the basket near just into the thick brush/thorny crap at the edge of the "reforestation project" (i.e. the "we don't feel like mowing this any more" area).

lol I actually figured people would read and wonder if it was you and for sure return the discs so I didn't put my # over the ink.. hahaha it worked! this will be #2 to ever be returned that I have lost.

Got your Volt, PM me your info. How much of a difference did your modification make? I've never tried that.

Another lost disc at Fritz park in Irving today. This one was my ESP Stalker. Black with glow tape on the rim and plate. Threw it on the new hole 8 I believe it is. It flew beautifully across the creek, hit the grass on the other side, tilted back, rolled on end and back into the creek. The creek was deep enough I couldn't see to the bottom today, and looking for a black disc, decided not to jump in.

Lost my favorite champ Eagle at Memorial Park in Red Wing, MN. It has my name and number on it, unfortunately it's my old number. Lost on hole 7/16 in the trees to the right of the fairway. If found, it would be much appreciated if I could get it back, will reward.

Got your Volt, PM me your info. How much of a difference did your modification make? I've never tried that.

i just like the added grip you get really. Never seems to do much to the stability unless you work the area where the OM and core come together. Thanks Mike!

I lost a blue 4x valk with the name m Korba or mike Korba 215-868-1856 in the rim. I throw back hand left handed and am pretty sure I lost it on hole 15. I think it hit a tree of the left hand side of the fairway and it shot to the right but the road. I looked for a long time and could not find it. Small reward if returned. Awesome course.

What ever happened to "Finders Keepers"?

I can understand that folks write their name and number in their discs hoping that it will be returned if lost. I personally don't write my info in my discs for two reasons:
1: Finders Keepers
2: If one does not spend the time to search or go into the water after a favorite disc, then IMO that disc was not wanted very badly and you should just go buy another one.

This second reason applies more to water discs than "lost in the rough" discs. If someone goes in the water to scour for discs, when you wouldn't, all discs found become the property of the finder. Also, I have purchased discs on eBay that have names and numbers in them, am I obligated to return them?
A friend of mine found a disc (an Ace disc at that), called the guy, left a message, never got a response.

With all that being said, if I find a disc of a local thrower that I know, I will return the disc. If the disc is not local, I don't waste my time trying to figure out how to get the disc back to it's original owner.

I have lost quite a few discs, and walked off and left them sitting on the ground, in fact, I had just bought a brand new DyeMax Escape Peppermint from Dynamic Discs for $25 plus shipping, I threw it about 6 times and forgot to pick it up on the 18th hole at Citronelle DGC north of Mobile, AL. Whoever found it can keep it with my blessing, I just bought another one.

I have spoken to many discers that don't understand "finders keepers", and get very upset with me for thinking that way. Am I crazy or are they lazy?

First round of the day I found a white Star Wraith, unmarked, which was awesome :thmbup:

Second round (where the wind decided to pick up to about over 9000:D mph), I decided not to throw my putter on hole 3 at Mt Zion, and took out my green (stupid color) Prodigy X, which I believe is a factory second. I found this disc unmarked in Minocqua, and it has since become a trusted super overstable disc.

Hole three is wide open, about 200 feet down a rolling gradual slope, with the basket perched on a mound of grass, with a wall of trees and weeds and long grass behind it. Flicked a BEAUTIFUL RHFH shot which flew about a foot above the grass, aimed about 30-40 feet to the left of the basket. As I trusted the disc to do, it turned hard, but I didn't see where it landed. I thought it would be an easy find, but I searched for over a half hour and came up empty, save for a marked Nate Doss Buzz, which I returned to the owner.

I'll miss that disc but I'll have to buy another Prodigy at some point, but I need to find out what the disc I had was actually supposed to be.

Been a really rough year considering I haven't played nearly as much as I had last year.

First lost was the gummy preBarry Beast at Acorn on 8, super windy and the thing just flew straight into the pond when it was flooded at the start of the year.

Then a red slightly gummy Beast at Sportsman's Hill along with a rainbow stamp Dx Destroyer that was in the thorns. Looked for that Beast for 20 minutes before deciding to move on, but I know it was just right there

Then, a #2 Driver into the weeds on #11 at The Valley. No chance of recovering without getting wet and even then no idea if it would be found.

Orange Dx Teebird on 8 at Kaposia. Not sure what happened, clipped a tree and no where to be found.

And finally, an almost brand new white Dx Teebird I had just bought to replace the orange. Hole #11 again at The Valley. Really thought it was over but ended up in the weeds/rough again. Looked for a bit but too darned dark out by 8:30 now so I gave up on it.

Whew. Rough season. And not a single phone call or text about any of them. I think they all had my number except the white Teebird as well. If you found any of these hit me up :)