• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost my brand spanking new Glow Avenger SS with a sick tourney stamp. Threw it into a stout headwind and I'm fairly certain it turned right over into the creek. I'm going swimming tomorrow for it, hypothermia be damned.

Lost my favorite Z Reaper at Tyger River on Saturday.

I think someone probably has it in their bag now, but it does have my name on it. I went back again and climbed the trees, no sight of her.

6391584809_760ea4d7be.jpg

Lost my champ teebird in damn pond I'm building a lake rake tonight to get it back..damn my crappy form and headwind

I've lost six discs and five came back to me. The only one that I didn't get back was my fluorescent green Champion Starfire. I used it once on a 400 foot hole. I put it in my bag and it must have slipped out. I asked the other guys who were playing and a group of three said that they hadn't seen it. Just as I walked away, one of the players pulled out a similarly green disc. I confronted them and they said that the disc was not mine. I didn't have numbers on my side, so I left. This is the reason that I don't play at that course any more. When I used to play there, nothing but junkies, drunks and derelicts.

Wading in the creek looking for a bad throw and come across 2 inked discs. Text both. One lives 150 miles away, but is in town 2 days later. Other one lives 300 miles away, but I was visiting his town a week later and returned it. Had a disc that's a loaner for new people lost and returned twice! Sad one was losing an inked disc that was my go to shot. Went over a fence and the homeowner gave it to someone else. Bought a replacement and it doesn't throw nearly as well...

My card today lost 4 discs to the hungry creek at Guthrie. I went and jumped in the 50 degree water like an idiot for about 30 minutes and recovered two of those discs; my champ boss and by buddies Xcal. Same guy lost two other discs that round too, but those would have required me to go underwater in pits that were 7 and 10 feet deep. Not happening today ha!

Found 3 other discs while swimming, 2 with names/numbers and one without; GL dark Blue Westside Northman, Blue Star Xcal, and a purple pr-d Avenger SS. The first two had numbers, so they'll get a phone call tomorrow.

Edit: Also happened to dig up my Champion Beast which i threw in over 3 months ago! That got me pretty stoked. Funny thing was I was talking to my guy on teh shore how awesome it would be if i actually found it after all this time.

Last edited:
I was walking across the local college campus on my way to the local 9 hole, and as there was nobody around, I was throwing along the way. My second throw saw my Trilogy Challenge Shield land on a snowy gazebo roof and stick in the snow.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=28

I love this course, especially if there's just a touch of snow on it in the winter, but hole 18 took my best driver, my Champion Monster 171, from me. I think it got buried near a fallen tree 3/4 of the way down the fairway on the left, near the shorter pin placement. I am going to try like heck to find it tomorrow before I leave to return to Massachusetts, but if I don't find it, I will have to learn how to throw all new drivers. The winter will be very frustrating (depending upon how much snow we get up in New England of course). I do have name and number on it at least, that's the saving grace about it.

Until I found it this morning before I left for home. :clap::D

Lost my old Katana last weekend at New Quarter Park in Williamsburg VA. throwing against the wind and tried to hyzer flip it a touch and it flipped way too much bout 40 feet off the ground into a bunch of pine trees. Im sure itll blow down eventually, but lost for now

Good thing is i dont really have the arm for high speed drivers, but the katana has always been a trusted friend. i shouldnt carry it because i cant throw it the way it should be thrown, so forces me to move on

I was walking across the local college campus on my way to the local 9 hole, and as there was nobody around, I was throwing along the way. My second throw saw my Trilogy Challenge Shield land on a snowy gazebo roof and stick in the snow.

Some groundskeepers were Xmas decorating the gazebo last time I walked by, and they got me my Shield off the roof. Happy to have it back - I really didn't click with it during the Trilogy challenge, but have come to really enjoy this disc.

Lost an unmarked (forgot to mark it) white Pro Leopard 3 weeks ago. Playing today a young guy and older guy caught up to me on hole 3. The young guy has a white Pro Leopard. I immediately thought it might be the one I lost- I could see it was the same weight. We start playing together and they're both great guys. The young guy just started and loves it, but only has two disks- and he found both. I told him I lost a white Leopard on 9 and he admits he found it there. I told him it was ok, I have another, and besides I didn't put my name on it. He found his unmarked putter on 18- sitting in the basket. Somebody walked off without it.

Lost a Wahoo while throwing over water #4 Fellowship Church course 12/21/14. Made it across but buried itself in a clump of cattails. Tried to get to the clump of cattails but immediately sank 4" in mud and it was going to get alot worse from there. I was with friends and had stopped by to throw a few just before going out to dinner so wading waist deep in mud wasn't an option at the time. Disc is inked with my DGCR# and was a test Dye disc that didn't work out so it's very ugly! If you find it and don't return it that's fine too... may you get an ACE with it!

back in 2006 someone broke into my vehicle and stole my bag containing 16 molds... my ce eagle, 9x champ teebird/orc/beast/viking, cfr wraith-x, evo wizard/element-x, z talon/mrx/mrv/reaper, 1st run esp pulse, q jls/sentinel, and a cryztal avenger. happened in anoka, i used to prowl Fox Meadows, hoping and praying i'd encounter someone throwing my plastic... never happened.

New low for me today for lost discs......in my closet. WTF Santa!?!?!

I ordered a champ thunderbird a few weeks back. I know it was in the package as I fondled it a bit when it came in. I then placed it with all of the presents to be wrapped and delivered this AM from santa. I got all my other discs, even one FROM THE SAME ORDER.....but it was nowhere to be found. No time to tear the upstairs apart yet today...but that is on the list for this weekend.

The kicker is it was a pink 165 champ....with champs harder to get and light & pink being even harder...it may be a while till I find another.

Oh well, I guess our whole upstairs needed cleaned out.

I lost my MVP Motion today on hole #2 at Moccasin Bend outside of Jackson, MS. I sailed over the basket from the tee box and about 20 feet out into the water. Have never thrown that far on that hole. Shame it was a great looking drive until it splashed down, great S turn.

The memorial service will be scheduled for next week.

I enjoy finding discs. I'd say in a decade I've found at least 2000. That said, I will return them if possible. I've also seen some NASTY **** in the lakes while searching. Dead animals aplenty. I even found a rusted .22 rifle in a lake once. I search hard. I'll go at it until I'm confident that I've found every disc I can. Some of the discs I find have been submerged years. I've returned discs to people before who were floored that it was ever found. One of the parks I search has water on over half the holes, and anyone with some time and a pair of waders can pull up a prodigious amount of discs. Problem is, the water there smells and the discs take a long time to stop stinking.

That brings me to my next point. I'm amazed how ungrateful some people are when I return a disc to them. They act like it's no big deal, even though I just pulled it out of 3+ feet of water. On the other hand I've fished discs out for people who were very grateful to get them back. If you put your name and number on a disc, you better be attached to that disc. Trying to return a disc only to find that owner no longer wants it is annoying.

Oh, and for those courses with water? Bring a crappy disc or two. The amount of truly beautiful plastic that ends up in lakes is astounding.

Now, when I lose a disc I will search zealously for it.