• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

pretty sure i had a disc stolen out of my bag.... last tourney i played, my go to driver SB orc went missing. Brought a back-up in case I lost it in water during round, so thought I just left it at home as I cleaned up my discs the night before. Went home on lunch break and tore apart my place, traced steps.
Pretty sure when I was practicing a few throws with my mids- pre round a.m., some one peeked in my bag and yoinked it. no other explanation, just inked it finally the night before(dont usually ink discs-dont usually lose any). Last time i leave bag unattended near a group of people--

disc was a 172 white SB orc, bird stamp puple foil,ink

I found a really nice putter at the new flatrock course in Columbus Ga. It has no tags/ink on it. If you can tell me what putter it is then its yours. Whoever lost this one will def. want it back.

I lost my 11X champ firebird a few weeks ago on dry land. I was showing a friend how to throw overhand on a hole and walked off and left it. Came back a few minutes later and someone had picked it up. I went to the guys who had walked through there right after this and they said they didn't see it. Frustrating!

I always count my discs and avoid any type of extra throw for that very reason, I lose a lot that way and it's maddening.

That's like where I search in a few spots,I sink up past the knees in the stank mud but there be good treasures in there including firebirds.

this thread got long but in there somewhere i said my friend got in there and found it!

I threw an Augusta Wraith in the drink behind hole 1 at Trophy Lakes. The worst part is I pulled it out and put it back in the bag saying "oh I don't want to throw it in the water" For some reason I went for it. Way to much disc for that hole.......... amateur hour :doh:

picture.php

Lost this bad boy on the third hole in Rocklin, Ca on Thursday... could have sworn it landed twenty feet or so short of the nastiest of nasty creeks. Long story short, as I was unsuccessfully searching through the muck with the pole of a rake, my not yet 2 year old son threw his body in such a manner as to send the stroller crashin into the mess. Luckily he was strapped in and the only part of him to touch the filth was one hand. I am sure the stroller will smell like a bucket of ******* for awhile however.

Ouch, that water/muck is wicked. Sorry to hear. If it was a Laker stamp you would of found it.:thmbup:

Man that sucks I have never found another disc when I've gone in the water. It least you came out on top.... thats why i dont throw my favs on water holes.
I first got into disc golf when I found a blue DX shark in a creek at the local course. Having never thrown a golf disc before, i played a round and slowly got into the sport. Since then I have found over 50 discs in ponds, woods, creeks, ect. on courses.

lost my shag stamp katana over a fence to 3 vicious dogs yesterday...ugh. I was hoping it got stuck in the tree and when I got over there there were 3 HUGE dogs eating my disc and growling at me haha...Really pissed me off.

Is it appropriate to say if someone turns their back on a disc and gives up looking for it and someone else finds the disc that it's ok for the finder to keep the disc? I've lost just as many discs that I have found out at my home course. I just look at it as trading in an odd way.

North Carolina will find this amusing: Buckhorn Woes

While out today, I decide to do some pond trolling at Buckhorn. While I'm there, I see a guy overthrow 15 by just a hair. It hits the damn right of the basket, and I think it's gonna stick, but it skips hard and pops into the pond, just too far away from me to stop it. Well, he says it's a star Roc, so he's goin after it. After taking off his shoes and socks, and with the aid of a long stick to lean on, he goes in, and after a few minutes, finds it! Yay! Unfortunately, it's like 65 degrees out and he was like 5 inches above his knees, so shorts get a little wet......

While I'm still out there, they get around to 17. They layup, and a couple throw over. The guy throws...and it skips on the pond, and then sinks! SAME DISC! Well, having already gone in, he goes in again....this time he's balls deep, and even gets up to his belly...15-20 minutes later...no disc. No other discs either! Someone must've cleaned it out while it really warm a few days ago! Dejected...he gets out, soaked...and they throw 18....I just sat there and watched. Seeing no luck with the foot searching, I give up the trawling, and leave.
IMAG0323.jpg

While out today, I decide to do some pond trolling at Buckhorn. While I'm there, I see a guy overthrow 15 by just a hair. It hits the damn right of the basket, and I think it's gonna stick, but it skips hard and pops into the pond, just too far away from me to stop it. Well, he says it's a star Roc, so he's goin after it. After taking off his shoes and socks, and with the aid of a long stick to lean on, he goes in, and after a few minutes, finds it! Yay! Unfortunately, it's like 65 degrees out and he was like 5 inches above his knees, so shorts get a little wet......

While I'm still out there, they get around to 17. They layup, and a couple throw over. The guy throws...and it skips on the pond, and then sinks! SAME DISC! Well, having already gone in, he goes in again....this time he's balls deep, and even gets up to his belly...15-20 minutes later...no disc. No other discs either! Someone must've cleaned it out while it really warm a few days ago! Dejected...he gets out, soaked...and they throw 18....I just sat there and watched. Seeing no luck with the foot searching, I give up the trawling, and leave.
IMAG0323.jpg

Now that is some nasty looking water. Is it always like that or is it just from lack of rain and movement in the water?

Now that is some nasty looking water. Is it always like that or is it just from lack of rain and movement in the water?

It always looks like that! Actually, it's a little better because it's been colder. Middle of the summer...that pond is disgusting. We're on the side with hole 17. Hole 15 is to the right. It sits on a hill, which is really the dam for the pond. It basically has a small stream that feeds it, and then it sorta trickles out in a stream-let on 15 side.

I know of atleast 2 CE Valks, a couple Rocs, and an XL in there...but they've probably been fished out. He spent awhile in there, and didn't find anything. And he was right around where my XL went...and where any shot that falls short and hyzers down will go...I've heard people go in often, and I've seen one other person in there besides this guy. I'll toss a retriever in there, but that's it. And I'll sanitize my hands real good afterwards...

I'm thinking if I'm that far in I'm going for gold, diving for anything I can find.

Feelin' around with your feet 'eh? I did that in Winny Lake down in Roc Hill but I wouldnt put a toe in that swamp pictured..... Though I must say I have been chest deep in the one behind hole #2 at the "Angry Beaver".:eek:

Yeah idk,

I'd have to have thrown my child in that damn pond to get me in that water. That just screams malaria.

Latest posts