• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

lost my freshly breaking in champ teebird two days ago, on the tougher of the two courses on the CSUMB campus. Hole 5, is a par 4 with a big long OB on the right and thick brush on the left, and i drove that sucker as good as i could ever, but it had a lil extra hyzer, fell into the brush right out of vision. we all heard oak bush but after a good search we moved on. Ill be going back.

oh its super labeled, got's my name number and SSN (lol) on there.

but i found an unmarked Pro Katana the next morning, too bad i haven't gotten it to agree with me yet.

so i ordered up a discmania c line PD. we'll see.

Lost my FLX Buzzz in the lake on hole 3 at Deer Lick park last week. Went in after it for an hour but couldn't find it.

But I did return the discs I found with numbers on them. Fast forward a week, someone found my disc and called me. The disc golf karma gods must be smiling upon me!

Went searching for a disc in the pond at my local course, ended up finding a fairly new unmarked dx wraith, never found my original loss. I put my name on it and started throwing it regularly and for a couple months it was my favorite driver. Really windy day i ended up throwing it in the drink, left it for another day.

accident early post

ended up finding the wraith two months later on a hole later in the course. Super stoked started throwing it again only to lose it to the drink and never see again lol.

I had a champ groove that I'd picked up and on a trip down to florida my friend takes me out to a course there. The first drive ever with the disc was awsome had a great s-curve to it. I was thinking as it was gliding through the air "man this is gonna be a great disc" and when it hit the ground which was actually a small sand dune it skipped wickedly at a 90 degree angle a zipped into the brush. we looked for ever and couldn't find it. I've never gotten another groove for fear that the disc gremlins will rise from the ground again and chuck it in the woods again.:doh:

Wednesday was playing 9 hole Riverview Park in BullHead City. My friend leaves his putter on hole 9 and realizes it 4-5 minutes later as were putting out on hole 1. He jogs back to grab it and it's gone. I see two guys just finishing get in their car who watched us play the last hole. I yell over at them asking about the disc, and he makes me completely describe it before pulling it out of his trunk and giving it back. He watched us play the hole, his car was no more than 100' from our group and he was still gonna try to take off with it. These types of guys are at every course.

I lost one of my favorite discs (Champ beast) in Chico where I live and one day I get a call. This guy asks for me and asks if I have lost a disc. I said I have lost many discs, so I ask him where found it to narrow the field down. He says Golden Gate Park in SF which was really funny to me at the time because I had never played that course before. It seems I lost my disc so badly it traveled to a course I had never played. The caller really wanted to get my disc back to me and told me that we could meet up. Unfortunately he lived in Petaluma which is a 2 hour drive and wasn't worth it for a 12$ disc. I wished him well and that he enjoy that beast like I had. Oh well some people just don't call when they find a disc with a number and then play with it and lose it. I just hope their brakes give out while they are going at high speeds, I'm not mad or anything. :mad:

tossed my champ monster on a massive hyzer today to try to get around a very solid tree. Disc got hung up in branches and fell into a hollow spot in the tree about 20 feet up. No limbs below 10 feet what-so ever, and no knobs on the tree to grab or stand on. Might come back with a hammer and nails tomorrow and make my own knobs. Im getting that disc back!

Just lost my newly picked from PIAS neon green ESP BUZZ, it has my name and number on it, Lost it at North Town Park in Austin on I believe hole #14 where you throw over the pond.....super bummed

Found 6 discs in the creek that runs through my local course yesterday. The water gets really cloudy after a good rain so discs are almost impossible to find until it clears. Only one had a phone number on it so my friend and I split the rest. After we found the first two we walked up and down the creek like we were on a treasure hunt. I feel bad for the people who lost them, but I would have returned them if they had a number on them.

I lost a z Buzzz at the sinks in a murky sink hole on hole 12. Dragged the sink with a rake and came up with a d Buzzz. Name and number but no answer so I put it in the lost disc box.

Not too worried about the disc because I had a backup. Oh and I still pared the hole.

Lost a fairly new yellow and black z buzz at morehart park in Litte Rock today. Walked all the holes backwards to no avail. Didn't realize I had lost it until the end. :wall:

I found a brand new pearly red DGA Rogue SP Line in the drink at the Chamblee Church DGC today. It has someone's last name on it and no number. I fished it out with my Golden Retriever. If someone here can tell me the last name on the disc, I'll get it back to you. Otherwise, it looks like a nice new disc for my small collection. Please no wild guesses. ;)

:popcorn:

Green Opto Core in the small pond on #3 at Barfield Crescent in Murfreesboro, TN. The wind did bad things to my disc. But it's got my name and number on it so maybe we'll meet again.

We had just gotten a new paintball gun, and peebody came over to check it out.
one by one we went out to the backyard, and started shooting at targets.

about fifteen minutes later, we headed back inside.

we realized some things in our house had dissapeared, so obviously we were freaking.
we went to go check the cars to see if they stole radios, etc.

peebody looks in his trunk, and his whole backpack full of discs is gone.

Just had a disc I lost 2 years ago returned to me. The disc was a pre release USDGC 08 merlot champ BOSS!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it made its way back to me. Obviously the guy who found it had no idea what it was worth or else was just a very good guy. He didn't want anything in return but I insisted on giving him a disc for it. Thanks again Gary!!!

katana and his buddies would eat this thread up - like a treasure map to find 'abandoned' discs

Just lost my favorite driver, Innova Scorpion @ MCC in New York on hole #17. Wasn't using a power grip on it (for some reason, it just didn't work for me), but switched to it for the first time and feel I have much more control now. I've only been playing regularly for 10 months (4 of which were dormant due to winter months/snow although I ventured out once in spite of it and loved it), so I'm still learning a ton. Hoping to drop two strokes off my average game by the end of the season.

To think that I romped around in a swamp to retrieve that Scorpion once only to lose it now. But it seems like its loss has added to my game by forcing me to not depend on that disc for a good drive.