• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I'm just amazed that people assume that every lost disc is found by someone. Especially if the disc ends up in the water. Your missing discs could just still be missing, you know. I know that with 40 discs, the odds are not good that ALL of them are unfound, but still ....

Of course, when I lose a disc, I usually lose it in a place that few disc golfers ever venture -- deep woods after a bad shank, the bottom of a nasty lake, etc. I've never had any returned to me, but I've never found anyone else's to return, either.

my home course got a few new holes for the worlds coming up in a month... long headwind shot with less and less fairway the farther you go. first shot was a firebird, came up short and hyzer so i said cool lets toss provs...

threw my brian wilson orc about five feet high into the thickest healthiest poison oak bush ive ever seen. posion oak kicks my ass so after a whole stogie, i said **** it, and i ordered another white xout orc at 168 last night...

hes gone for now, but maybe not forever...

Attachments

• lostbwil.jpg
    lostbwil.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 20
**I swear to the disc karma gods that if you return my Orion, I will ALWAYS try to return a found disc!!!**

I'm just a newb to DG (this is, in fact, my first post) so I may not know what the heck I am talking about, but I'm going to say it anyway. And I mean this as no disrespect to you.

If everyone took the attitude that they would not return a disc unless one was returned to them first, nobody would do it. Ever. Right?

You do the right thing, not because of how it benefits you, but because it's the right thing to do.

If I found a disc with a name and number on it, I would call. Every time.

I really enjoy calling the number on the disc, because you never know what to expect. I get a kick out of human interaction, in general though. That said I'm not driving your disc to you. What I usually do is say "look, here's where I will be playing over the next week, can you meet me there?" And usually it works out. Hell, half the time the person tells me to keep it.

The other day my friend found a 170 Champion Wraith, brand new and fly dyed, in a line of pine trees to the right side of the hole. He picked it up and put it in his bag and we played through a few more holes with my friends. No one was looking for it so he figured he would just keep it. We caught up to a group of two guys and one of them asked us if we had seen a Champion Wraith, my friend gave it back to him and the dude was happy to have it back. We all joked around that he should've given my friend a reward, so a couple holes later we were ready to tee off when the guy thanked my friend and threw him a fairly new Champion Orc. I thought it was pretty cool to see my friend get something for returning the guy's disc, and didn't expect the dude to give him anything. Good karma.

I'm just amazed that people assume that every lost disc is found by someone. Especially if the disc ends up in the water. Your missing discs could just still be missing, you know. I know that with 40 discs, the odds are not good that ALL of them are unfound, but still ....

Of course, when I lose a disc, I usually lose it in a place that few disc golfers ever venture -- deep woods after a bad shank, the bottom of a nasty lake, etc. I've never had any returned to me, but I've never found anyone else's to return, either.

I found a buddies disc over a year later right where he lost it, in the water.

I was finally able to return my first disc just the other day. A Champ Destroyer.

So far we've never gotten a call, email, or lost disc back.

I'm just a newb to DG (this is, in fact, my first post) so I may not know what the heck I am talking about, but I'm going to say it anyway. And I mean this as no disrespect to you.

If everyone took the attitude that they would not return a disc unless one was returned to them first, nobody would do it. Ever. Right?

You do the right thing, not because of how it benefits you, but because it's the right thing to do.

If I found a disc with a name and number on it, I would call. Every time.

Your first post gets a thumbs up form me! :thmbup:

Phone Number VS Email

So, my question is which works better for you on lost discs? I've been of the opinion that email was better, but I'm changing my tune a bit. I found several discs (on the same round) recently. I got a phone number off of one and texted the owner immediately. I got a response, and was able to return the disc during the same round. That worked out very well!

So, my question is which works better for you on lost discs? I've been of the opinion that email was better, but I'm changing my tune a bit. I found several discs (on the same round) recently. I got a phone number off of one and texted the owner immediately. I got a response, and was able to return the disc during the same round. That worked out very well!

Phone number for sure, preferably a cell phone. I've both called people and been called myself while still on course.

Lost my 2nd ever disc the other day. I was playing at hindman park in Little Rock and I made a putt that hit the basket and looked like it would stay right below for an easy par. But my favorite aviar putter decided to roll about 15 feet down the hill anf into a creek! After going in the creek and looking for about 15 min it was a lost cause. Luckily i carry extras of pretty much all of my important disc but i was sad to loose my putter of about 5 years.

I lost a DX Archangel 175g at Riggs park in Haysville KS. It was on hole #5. I didn't think I would have any trouble, straight shot less than 300 feet. A small creek comes into play before the basket. I teed off and a south wind got the disc and blew it into the creek. The water is not very deep but was moving pretty fast. I looked for 20 mins but no luck. Also the banks are covered in cut trees and new growth and what could possibly be poison ivy. She was a good soldier may she RIP. Lot of trees that disc hit. Good memories with that disc.

Found an R-Pro Boss belonging to Carl Nichols, PDGA# 33164. I'm in the St. Louis area.

I can't find any info on how to locate the guy or get in touch with him through the pdga site, just his rankings.

If you are he, or know him, have him get in touch with me by PM and tell me what color and where he lost it. I'll make sure it get's home.

For you guys who are loosing your favorite putters in the water, I always use my Hydra if I have to use my putter anywhere near water. It putts and approaches pretty good, and makes a good stunt disc for your putter.

I lost my sky blue star destroyer at Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti on hole 6 it was my favorite disc, it was my first time playing there I'm pretty bummed.

My buddy also lost a white star wraith same hole both have name and numbers in them (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
I lost my car key somewhere on Nockamixon today. It's a jeep key with the keyless entry part of the key itself. No other keys or keychain, just the key. Searched the course twice while waiting for a ride, but to no avail. If you find it, hit me up here, or my number is on a piece of tape on the back window of my jeep.

lost my broken in P-PD in some water at Idlewild. hole E I believe. Sad day

I lost my Star Destroyer on Basket #4 at warwick, NY yesterday. It amazing how much one disc can impact the rest of the round. I was -3 going into #4 and finished +7 because i didnt have that disc to drive with.

I lost one of my 2 favorite discs today.....well, can't even say I lost it. I believe I left it in the middle of the fairway of hole #17 at Will Rogers park in OKC. It's a red 169g Teebird.

Fortunately, when I went to the disc shop to replace it, they had a stunning hot pink one with a silver stamp at 168g.....

my home course got a few new holes for the worlds coming up in a month... long headwind shot with less and less fairway the farther you go. first shot was a firebird, came up short and hyzer so i said cool lets toss provs...

threw my brian wilson orc about five feet high into the thickest healthiest poison oak bush ive ever seen. posion oak kicks my ass so after a whole stogie, i said **** it, and i ordered another white xout orc at 168 last night...

hes gone for now, but maybe not forever...

that is a awesome disc. where did you find the design or did you hand draw it?

Just got a call from another local player. Two of my lost soldiers are returning home to me this weekend. Thank you for being a stand up dude Russell!

Latest posts