• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

As a newbie, 3mos in Ive lost 3 or four disc, all in the water... But yesterday I lost the first disc that was one I wish I could get back, This was a 12x KC Pro Roc Ive had it about a month and it had hit just enough trees that it was starting to break in... This was my only ROC :( The bad part was I cleared the lake on the Long tee shot.. and just shanked !!! my approach sent it sky high, stalled hyzered out into the drink.. who loses disc in the water on an upshot..

Lost my hot pink first run tern with proto star stamp @ waller park in santa maria CA on thursday 9/5/13 my name and # are on it I know its a vegas # but my mom and brother live in santa maria if found please please please call thank you

Found a disc yesterday without a name and number so my friends were arguing over who got it, but sent the text to the guy who found my friends disc (same hole and same disc color) earlier that day and sure enough it was his.

Left my MF flat Firebird on 18 at Vollrath earlier today, by the time I went back to grab it someone else had picked it up :/. If anyone lost a Prodigy driver there though, I turned one in at the shack today.

Lost an orange River on #2 at the Woods at St Marys last weekend. It looked like it just barely made it into the weeds to the left of the basket, but must have gone a little further into the creek.

Lost this pro firebird on hole 15 at Eastern Avenue Park in Davenport, IA.
Wind caught it and went right in duck creek, went in for it but couldnt find it. Name and number are on the back. Throw right before mine went in as well, red DX beast with a rainbow stamp.

Attachments

• 1000921_515839468485046_1328796707_n.jpg
    1000921_515839468485046_1328796707_n.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 23
c7d5bc2a1c2a11e3a6b822000aeb0b89_7.jpg

anyone know what kind of disc this is?

A little Karma perhaps?

A couple of weeks ago, I my yellow Underworld at Willow Metropark... didn't seem like allthat bad a throw... but after about 45 min or so of looking around the leafy ground cover (in dappled, late afternoon sunlight coming through the trees), I abandoned the search. :(

Get a call from Innovadude yesterday - someone found my disc :thmbup: ...at Ponds of Lakeshore.
Whomever picked it up and (didn't bother to call me :thmbdown:) headed over to Ponds for a round and lost it pretty fast. FWIW, Ponds is the most wide open course in the area, with essentially no rough to speak of... how you lose a disc there is beyond me. :confused:

Glad to say it's back home. :)

A couple of weeks ago, I my yellow Underworld at Willow Metropark... didn't seem like allthat bad a throw... but after about 45 min or so of looking around the leafy ground cover (in dappled, late afternoon sunlight coming through the trees), I abandoned the search. :(

Get a call from Innovadude yesterday - someone found my disc :thmbup: ...at Ponds of Lakeshore.
Whomever picked it up and (didn't bother to call me :thmbdown:) headed over to Ponds for a round and lost it pretty fast. FWIW, Ponds is the most wide open course in the area, with essentially no rough to speak of... how you lose a disc there is beyond me. :confused:

Glad to say it's back home. :)

Someone gave it a test run to see if they liked it. They probably knew ahead of time that they'd just leave it at the next park and let it be someone else's job to return it.

About a month or two ago, someone picked up my beautiful opto sparkle fuse from a course while I was looking for an errant drive in the woods.

I was sick over it, and everytime I play that course, I keep my eyes peeled for someone throwing my disc.

Well, today I caught up with a two some on a different course, and one of the dudes was clutching a familiar looking fuse. I asked him where he'd bought it, what it was, and if it said my name on it.

Turns out, it was mine!

He took it honestly, didn't know I was still on the course, and though he didn't email me about finding it, I wasn't mad. He asked where he could buy another fuse, none of the discs his friend had let him try were any good for him, and I felt sorry that I'd taken back the only disc he was using, so I gave him a RGL fuse I had retired that is too dark and that I lose more often than not on wooded holes.

It was totally worth it! I got my sparkle back!

Lost a ss voodoo (yep a putter) on #3 at "the gulch"... to the right of the pin in the woods before the road (I think)...
anyone finds it, I'll pay for shipping :)

Abendschein Park in Oak Creek, WI... Lost a nearly brand new Westside King in yellow vip plastic with the finnish/swedish lettering. Seriously was the only time I got angry losing in a disc. I really wish I never made that throw.

Might as well mention I lost another disc at Williamsberg (OH) on hole 8 today. My Orange Opto River cleared the ravine, but skipped straight forward on the right side, which means, yep, in the river, swollen with last night's rain. You know the drill: you read "jka sisyphus" inside the rim, and contact me here to return it, and you get a disc from my sale thread.

lost my CE QJLS at Towne Lake in McKinney, TX last week. didn't realize until i went to go play the other day and it wasn't in the bag.

lame

Just to add a ray of hope to an otherwise bummer thread........
In the 3 years I've been playing I've lost at least 15 discs. Since I dye most of my discs they suck to lose even more because of the time invested in them. I lost my go to driver a few months ago (my avitar) which was my very favorite driver (star roadrunner) AND the dye is actually from a close up pic of my wife's eyeball. The good news is that I lost it on a private course (Twilight Zone). The even better news is that the owner texted me this evening with a pic of my recently found disc.:thmbup:

Last edited:
I lost a VIP Northman a few a few weeks ago and was pretty sad that I lost it, it was beaten in nicely and was awesome for long anny shots. Anyway I got a text today from a guy who informed me that he found it and demanded a $5 "finders fee" to get it back. I answered back that I had a couple bucks on me but I'd gladly trade him, no response.
I'm torn because I want the disc back, but I'm kinda pissed that I'm being extorted for a disc.
The best part is that he sent me a picture of my disc taken on a marble counter top... Sure wish I could afford a marble anything... besides a marble:(

Latest posts