• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost an xg boss on hole 16 at Socastee Park, Mytrle Beach. Lost it off of the tee over the trees in the first turn of the hole. It's yellow and the stamp has been wiped. We spent total of an hour looking for it. It has my phone number in the rim. My son lives close...would love to get it back.

My buddy and I lost a couple discs today to Blue Mtn in Daniesville, PA. My buddy Jesse lost a Purple Steve Brinster tee bird on hole 18 of the peak course. We played the short tee and his disc got caught up in the pines trees that line the right side of the fence. I think it was in the 1st or 2nd tree right when you walk through the gate.

I lost a champion puple/maroon 4x JK Valk on hole 3 of the Valley course. We played from the short tee. I throw back hand left hand and the disc turned over and eneded up somewhere on the left hand side of the rough right where the rough meets the tree line.

Just to add a ray of hope to an otherwise bummer thread........
In the 3 years I've been playing I've lost at least 15 discs. Since I dye most of my discs they suck to lose even more because of the time invested in them. I lost my go to driver a few months ago (my avitar) which was my very favorite driver (star roadrunner) AND the dye is actually from a close up pic of my wife's eyeball. The good news is that I lost it on a private course (Twilight Zone). The even better news is that the owner texted me this evening with a pic of my recently found disc.:thmbup:

Hmm, Staring at your wifes gigantic eyeball everytime you throw it. :\

Good buddy of mine lost his brand new metal flake gator at Mt. Airy a few weeks back. It's red (i'm pretty sure) and has a Hazy BYOP stamp. No name/number. If anyone finds it, pm me and you will be rewarded by either him or me.

Good buddy of mine lost his brand new metal flake gator at Mt. Airy a few weeks back. It's red (i'm pretty sure) and has a Hazy BYOP stamp. No name/number. If anyone finds it, pm me and you will be rewarded by either him or me.

PM I have two blue metal flakes that I don't like that I as willing to FSOT.

Lost my Brand new Prodigy first run M3 Color is orange with name and number, course was Spring Valley or Northside Christian let me know.

Struggled through a marshy, wet Fall League round at Seviren Lang today (west of Louisville), and our group lost a couple - possibly in the water-swollen drainage creeks on 1 & 12. Bob H. had a camo dyed (Leopard?) disappear, and my white & blue "Relax" dyed gl River found its way into the mofo zone. Love to get either or both back, if found. I know mine has ink & contact info. Will give a good disc in reward!

Found

I got a text from my son's friend this weekend. He was playing at Socastee this weekend. Before getting to hole 16 to look for the disc, he ran into a couple playing...or just finishing. He asked if they happened to find my disc. She pulled it out of her bag and handed it to him. She had already marked my name and number out and put hers in it. :wall: At least she gave it up when he asked. Glad he was looking out for me!

Lost an xg boss on hole 16 at Socastee Park, Mytrle Beach. Lost it off of the tee over the trees in the first turn of the hole. It's yellow and the stamp has been wiped. We spent total of an hour looking for it. It has my phone number in the rim. My son lives close...would love to get it back.

Struggled through a marshy, wet Fall League round at Seviren Lang today (west of Louisville), and our group lost a couple - possibly in the water-swollen drainage creeks on 1 & 12. Bob H. had a camo dyed (Leopard?) disappear, and my white & blue "Relax" dyed gl River found its way into the mofo zone. Love to get either or both back, if found. I know mine has ink & contact info. Will give a good disc in reward!

if u have a camo dyed anything u deserve to lose it

sooooo . . .

lost my first run rival at kaposia when i shanked it off the tee, hole 4. hit a tree on the right and shot downward to the left, could only have gone maybe 10 feet into the woods.

looked for an hour and a half; someone returned it today. i paid him 15$. was 2 feet off the fairway in a shrub i had checked about 20 times.

played a round since i had to be there to pick it up anyway. lost it again. awesome.

I lost my favorite Star Sidewinder at the awesome new "Wild Haven - North" course near Manton, MI back before it was completely mowed in July. I teed off on Hole #6 with it, and it zoomed past #3's basket a little left into an acres-big portion of ferns, out of direct sight from the tee. Despite being a hot pink Disc, I could not find it even though I searched for half an hour.

If you're in that area and have it, I'd highly appreciate you passing it along to Wild Man when you see him. Thank you.

Lost two discs this weekend at Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie MN. These were two discs I never marked with my information because I considered them as "safe shot" discs. Boy am I regretting that!!

First was a white star Firebird on hole eight. Started it out high right to have it S in at the basket and it crashed in to the trees/woods just left of the basket. Spent 25 minutes looking with no luck.

Second disc is was a stamp wiped neon green beast on hole 10 (that blind shot gets you!). Lost site of is as it turned towards the basket. Looked for 20 minutes with no luck.

If anyone happens to be out playing Bryant Lake this week and finds either of these discs let me know! I will definitely pay a finders fee as a reward :)

Ive been on a bit of a losing spree lately...first my beat DX roc....not terrible its just a dx roc but it was one of the first discs I had, sentimental value, and it was well beat in but not flippy yet. I threw it and had to look for another disc, when I when there where I thought it was it wasn't there. Looked for a bit but it was getting late....

This next one hurts because I have no idea and it was one of my favorite discs. It was a protostar Roc3, it was on the lighter side, was pancake flat and straight. Im out on the course yesterday and Im in my bag and I notice its not in there, what could have happened to it. I was messing around and practicing with different discs so I figured I must have taken it out and put something else in my bag.....well I can't find it anywhere.

Only thing I can figure is I was out field throwing and left it......cant see how as Im a bit particular about making sure I have that disc, and all my discs for that matter, after a session..but thats all I can figure....

Maybe Ill go back and check but its been a little while and the chances of it begin out there are slim to none...all I can hope is someone finds is and gets into disc golf because of it...

Lost my custom dyed firebird today..... Renaissance #18 - in the ravine. Spent about 30 minutes combing the underbrush, but no luck :(

Hopefully it gets returned.
7015343189_5bffa7a24f_t.jpg

Good Soldier MIA

I got a phone call just a few days ago by a guy who found my lost Tursas at Tyler in PA. Amazing. It was there for a couple months. Although I decided to tell him he could go ahead and keep it since he found it and made the effort to call me. I already got a Tursas (and a Tangent) to replace this disc and he said he was thinking of getting one so I figured he could have it and witness the glory of the Sea Beast! I am still amazed... the system works! There ARE good people out there :)

Lost two discs this weekend at Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie MN. These were two discs I never marked with my information because I considered them as "safe shot" discs. Boy am I regretting that!!

First was a white star Firebird on hole eight. Started it out high right to have it S in at the basket and it crashed in to the trees/woods just left of the basket. Spent 25 minutes looking with no luck.

Second disc is was a stamp wiped neon green beast on hole 10 (that blind shot gets you!). Lost site of is as it turned towards the basket. Looked for 20 minutes with no luck.

If anyone happens to be out playing Bryant Lake this week and finds either of these discs let me know! I will definitely pay a finders fee as a reward :)

I've been wanting to get out to Bryant Lake this whole year. Played once last year when I started and loved the course but I wasn't very good at the time so I hadn't gone back. This year I feel I could play a normal round for me (about 10+) but I just hate looking for discs on my own and I feel like that course is a bad one for that.

I may get up early Saturday to play there and end up just discing down and laying up in hopes of playing a frustration free round (lost a nicely beat Beast twice at Oakwood last weekend and spend longer searching than playing that day I think haha).

If I find your discs I'll certainly give you a call!

I've been wanting to get out to Bryant Lake this whole year. Played once last year when I started and loved the course but I wasn't very good at the time so I hadn't gone back. This year I feel I could play a normal round for me (about 10+) but I just hate looking for discs on my own and I feel like that course is a bad one for that.

I may get up early Saturday to play there and end up just discing down and laying up in hopes of playing a frustration free round (lost a nicely beat Beast twice at Oakwood last weekend and spend longer searching than playing that day I think haha).

If I find your discs I'll certainly give you a call!

The course has been great the past two weekends and not busy at all! A buddy and I have been getting there early on Sundays and playing a warm up 18 with putter and mids. Then we drive out and find lunch and come back for a full bag 18! You won't be disappointed by views and tree color this weekend (if that is your sort of thing). Last Sunday was perfect for that!

I am usually not one to give up on a disc but my buddies were getting antsy so I capped my looking to 15 minutes.

If you find either let me know! My number isn't on them unfortunately, but I check this site compulsively. Have a good round! I am undecided if I will make the trek again next Sunday or if I will stay near home and play elm creek.

Last edited:
Lost my son's red Dragon yesterday on hole 7 at Springwood. Went back today hoping to find it, unsuccessfully, but found a pair in the rough that had been there for a while. If you are John Spears or Chris Sparks (or the mysterious "Jacobs"), or know them, PM me with a description of what you lost. And next time, put yer phone number on the disc!

lost my icon patriot today. seen an inordinate number of full-speed tree hits, was getting SUPER understable. couldn't even get it to lock to flat anymore unless it was at 60% power.

i didn't even look for it, really. maybe 5 minutes. :( makes me feel sad, but it's okay. i was letting my cousins use it since it flew really far for them and their little arms.