• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost my R2 mini on Circle C yesterday. White with a blue "R2" on it; Houck made these when he'd just opened the late great Circle R2 ranch in San Saba, which was my fave course ever. Please let me know if you found it, it has major sentimental value.

I lost a disc (cool orange Vibram Trak) about a month ago while playing a round with my 2.5yo son. On #17 at Highlands of Conway I threw a really nice drive that nicked a tree, changing its course by about 35 degrees to the left. I watched it miss every other freaking tree in the forest and careen downhill into a slightly swampy area. OK, should be find-able. As we are walking to look for it, my son says "Dad, I have a poopy!"

Since I drive by the course at least twice a day, I figure screw it, I'll take the kid off course and deal with him and come back another day and look for it. Life being what it is, I just haven't had time to get over and look for it. Every morning when we drive by, my son asks me "Daddy, you find your disc yet?".

Earlier this week, I get an email from a guy, he found the disc. I tell him the story, and how happy I will be to tell my son I got the disc back. We met up today so I could get it. Since I work for a brewery, I rewarded him with some of our Porter (which the guy says is his favorite), and one of these:

da1fba06-00bc-457b-9a68-f0ab6fa03130.jpg

I get to make my son happy, thank the guy for seeking me out, and promote the brewery at the same time. What's not to like?

Brutal day - I had only lost 2 discs in my entire career, until I lost 2 more today. Wild wind drove my old DX Beast and DX Teebird out into the bottom of the lake. I threw my Ascent into the lake too, but was able to pull that one out.

Lost two discs yesterday to the lovely fall leaves at Campgaw . Lost my fav prodigy m3 proto on hole 2. It's gotta be somewhere under leaves but I couldn't find it haha .

Than comes hole 17. Downhill throwing my blue star tl. Kept it a little too high hit a branch that made some leaves fall and that distracted me from seeing where the disc even went .

Oh well! I got a new m3 and f7 in the mail Friday so that balances it out

Haven't lost a disc all season then I went to a crapfest course this weekend.

Lost brinster tb 172g, gl saint 169g, z flick 164g all on same hole. What kills me is it was my white flick, white saint those are hard to get at 160's.

Its a man made lake so unless I brought scuba gear i'm fkd.

Threw a spike hyzer on a downhill to mimic the terrain, then wind lifted it up and over like a kite. Never seen wind kill a disc so hard ever. To make it worse, throwing for double circle 6 my putt hit dead center through the chains hit the nubs and then rolled into the water OB.

Took a fkn 9 on 2 hole red basket,prompton park, pa course id=1

I haven't done anything that bad in 3 years.

Accidently left behind my brand new f7 today at waterworks, would love to have it back if anybody found it. No name or number since I just bought it yesterday.

I lost my 05 C Roc this summer at Cedar Hills in Raleigh. What I wouldn't give to have that thing back. Yellow with a red double stamp J-Bird with a ghosty Winthrop USDGC stamp on the bottom layer. It was an X out, but it was my baby.

Lost my custom dyed firebird today..... Renaissance #18 - in the ravine. Spent about 30 minutes combing the underbrush, but no luck :(

Hopefully it gets returned.
7015343189_5bffa7a24f_t.jpg

Good Soldier MIA

Disc returned:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks to T A from York, SC!

Lost my green Prodigy D4 at #11 at Bradford. That's the second disc I've lost to those stupid trees. Grip locked it and it sailed off to the sea of cedars to the right. Looked for a long time but it's like a needly in a haystack.

I hate that hole.

The first disc I ever bought and the first disc I ever lost was an orange Avenger SS. It's probably still in that clusterf*$k of trees on #11.

here we go.

i throw a disc into some light brush along the side of the fairway. im not thinking its going to be tough to find but there are fallen leaves blanketing the area. i go down and cant find it right away. i look back and see a disc on the fairway. i think, "oh crap i left my first throw where it landed" i run back up to it. its a groove. i check my bag and my destroyer is safe. i wait a bit, noone is coming from that tee.

i pick up the groove and resume my search, intending to call later obviously. so a few minutes later (how did it take him so long to get there from the tee) and starts looking through the woods. i call out "are you looking for a groove" he says yes and i hand it to him, he says he is also looking for a starmax. i say im looking for my teebird.

we both start searching, after a while he takes off. i assume he found his. well a bit later i find the starmax. i call the number.........its not the dude that was just there. its someone that lost it a while back. i arrange a way to get him that disc back and then keep looking for mine.

after about 25 mins, it dawns on me. the guy snaked my teebird. he was playing with someone elses disc and while looking for it, found mine and took off with it. while i was standing right there, kicking up leaves.

ive lost four other teebirds this year. this one is embittering

here we go.

i throw a disc into some light brush along the side of the fairway. im not thinking its going to be tough to find but there are fallen leaves blanketing the area. i go down and cant find it right away. i look back and see a disc on the fairway. i think, "oh crap i left my first throw where it landed" i run back up to it. its a groove. i check my bag and my destroyer is safe. i wait a bit, noone is coming from that tee.

i pick up the groove and resume my search, intending to call later obviously. so a few minutes later (how did it take him so long to get there from the tee) and starts looking through the woods. i call out "are you looking for a groove" he says yes and i hand it to him, he says he is also looking for a starmax. i say im looking for my teebird.

we both start searching, after a while he takes off. i assume he found his. well a bit later i find the starmax. i call the number.........its not the dude that was just there. its someone that lost it a while back. i arrange a way to get him that disc back and then keep looking for mine.

after about 25 mins, it dawns on me. the guy snaked my teebird. he was playing with someone elses disc and while looking for it, found mine and took off with it. while i was standing right there, kicking up leaves.

ive lost four other teebirds this year. this one is embittering

Similar story for me the other day at Kilborne TPC in Charlotte.

I was helping a friend search for a lost disc in the leaves, having safely parked my driveway on the edge of the fairway. A couple guys cue up on the tee pad so we let them play through while we looked (of course). After a few more minutes I go to play my disc and it's gone!

I thought maybe they picked it up by accident, but when I went ahead to ask them they were gone. Picked up and left the course in the middle of the round.

I'm pretty new to DG... but I have to say that the shadiness of many typical players is off the charts. Thieving, doing drugs on the courses in local parks (!!), leaving trash and empty beer cans everywhere... It doesn't seem like the community polices itself very well, and that's a shame.

I took my students to Lakewood Dry Gulch course in Lakewood, CO toady (11/7/13) and 2 of my students threw their discs in the tree on the 2nd hole. I'm wondering where is a good place (other than here) to post in case someone finds them. They have Brady H.S. written on them but I don't think there's a phone number.

I took my students to Lakewood Dry Gulch course in Lakewood, CO toady (11/7/13) and 2 of my students threw their discs in the tree on the 2nd hole. I'm wondering where is a good place (other than here) to post in case someone finds them. They have Brady H.S. written on them but I don't think there's a phone number.

how far is the high school from the course? id imagine that anyone willing to call a number would drop them off there if its not too far.

Calling all my fellow Wisconsinites...

I lost 2 discs today at Brown Deer DGC...

The first was a soft, white 2nd run MVP Ion. Max weight, I believe. I lost it on hole 8 on a perfect drive that was anny'ing right to the white pin placemint, but it slid under some leaves and I never saw it again. Looked for 30 minutes :( my money putter

The 2nd disc I lost was on hole 17. I threw 3 shots off the tee, and left my pink Prodigy M4 (400G max weight) right in the middle of the fairway:doh:. I started another round and got held up on hole 1. When I got to hole 2 I realized I was missing my M4, but a few groups had already finished their rounds by the time I noticed so when I ran back to hole 17 it was gone already.

I think the Ion is still on hole 8 near the basket somewhere, but the M4 is gone forever. If the guy that picked up the M4, on hole 17, is reading this, please PM me. And if anyone finds my Ion, please PM me!

tyty

ION.jpg

8057-2.jpg

I actually have two pretty amazing lost/found disc stories to share. Here goes:

1. When I was in college I went on a trip with my girlfriend (now wife) to New Jersey. We were staying in New Brunswick, which I knew was close to that Rutgers course that "Cubby" (the guy that has hundreds of aces, many of them video taped and on youtube) plays all the time, so I got his contact info and we got together and played for a few hours at the Rutgers course. I lost my favorite driver that day, a bright neon yellow Elite-X Crush. I was pretty bummed out, but we parted and I returned to Iowa. More than two years later I got a phone call from a guy telling me he had my Crush, and that he found it on a course in Florida. I told him to keep the disc, but he was pretty astonished to hear that I lost it two years earlier in New Jersey.

2. Playing YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, CO I found a KCPro Roc, called the number on the back and found out the guy that lost it lived in the next town over from me in Wisconsin, and had just returned home from vacation the previous day.

Found Ace Race disc today - Middle Creek. No ink. PM me the pertinent info, and I will try to reunite you

I found a disc on Saturday at Moraine on hole 8.

It's a yellow Millennium disc of unknown type, with a location stamp on the top.

No name/number ink at all.

I swear there was a thread somewhere for helping identifying discs. I think it's an OLS, but I'm not sure.

LOST DISC STORY:
I lost a disc that I custom dyed myself, a white star SL, with my name and phone # on it at a course in DE. Deep grass rough was very bad there several years ago, and for many years, so it happened a lot on that course. Lots of finding other guys/gals discs while looking for yours... So lots of calling back disc owners.

So about a year later during a PDGA tournament, I find "my" SL digging through the deep grass, with my # crossed off, and Matt and his phone # in the rim - here's the kicker - - He wrote "Don't be a d!ck, call if found" on the underside, right next to where my name & number were crossed off!!!

What do you think I did? That's right, I called him to tell him I found his disc.... I told him to come up to the course and pick it up. Unfortunately, in the background a friend was yelling that he was going to get a beating when he came to get the disc - so the guy heard and hung up quickly. Several guys asked for his # and about 7 other players called him that day, telling him to please come get his disc - I don't think he plays any more...

Karma will catch up with you is the lesson learned from this story.

Latest posts