• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost a White ESP Buzzz that had a DyeMax trophy design from my first tourney ever today. Had a great tee shot on #13 at Bryant Park, nicked a tree and shot over to the left, right towards the river. I assume it's in the drink. Been a while since I lost one, so I suppose it's time it happened again. But still, sentimental value...

North central MA discers! I lost my dear neon orange Surge (Sergio) on #4 at Coggshall Park this afternoon. I scoured the leaves along the left side of the hill but couldn't find it. Luckily the disc is inked, and I would be thrilled if it were found.

BOLO: blue innova dx beast

At Lagoon Valley Park, Vacaville, CA, hole 17 I lost the disc described in the subject. It was caught by the wind off the tee and pulled to the right. It landed in some tall grass in between the horse path and the tee pad. The name Rogers is on the bottom and a phone number. If found please the call the number to arrange pick up. Thanks.

A quick story of a returned disc and the THREE people who were cool enough to try to get it back to me...... Left a skull dyed leopard in the fairway on 17 at my home course. I had taken a second 'just for the he'll of it' throw and forgot to pick it up after playing my original shot. Got home and received a text telling me that my disc was left in the basket on 17 which means someone picked it from the fairway and left it in the basket foe me in case I came back for it. I asked if I could come get it and they said they had already left the course and just put my disc back in the basket. On my way to get it I get a call from someone saying they found it in the basket and would I like to come pick it up. Got there to find a 10 tear old kid and his dad holding my disc. I thanked them and we talked golf for a bit then I asked the kid what he threw. He said he really liked his avenger. I asked if it hooked a little more than he'd like and he said it did so I gave him a nicely seasoned avenger ss and told him to give that a try. Giving that kid a disc as a reward for doing the right thing was WAAAAAAAY better than getting my disc back.

At Lagoon Valley Park, Vacaville, CA, hole 17 I lost the disc described in the subject. It was caught by the wind off the tee and pulled to the right. It landed in some tall grass in between the horse path and the tee pad. The name Rogers is on the bottom and a phone number. If found please the call the number to arrange pick up. Thanks.

The disc in question is a blue beast dx.

Had my rival returned to me after it being missing for at over at least a month. It was funny, created a very awkward situation during my first appearance at a league. One person found it when he was looking for his disc. He never found it, so he apparently got all pissy and threw mine down a fairly deep gulch. Some poor guy, the one who returned it to me errantly threw his disc down to where the other prick threw mine. He was kind enough to text me and then call me to return it. Unfortunate that some people don't realize they are representing a group of people. Could have wound up with a very bad first impression of the league, but i know there is one in every bunch. Thanks if you are on here! She flies even better now that she's been in the elements for a while.

Playing at Kaposia today there was some league going on but plenty of room for me and a couple buddies to sneak on and play a round. On one of the last holes by the huge valley down by the far back side I spotted a disc on the hill and almost broke my neck going to get it. Ended up having a name and number on it, so despite me wanting the disc I texted. The guy was there and said he'd meet me at the practice basket. I met up with him and handed it back, despite the disc saying "reward $$$ or pick of any disc" the dude just said "hey man I've got no cash sorry" and blew me off.

Not that I needed the money or any more plastic but such a bummer the dude would put that on his discs and not honor it. Bigger bummer about it is the dude looked familiar and I think I remember him doing that to someone else at the course earlier this year.

Found a nice-looking fairway driver today -- right in the basket on #7. I had noticed one other car in the parking lot, so I looked ahead on the course and found the other group. Yep. It belonged to one of them. I didn't get an answer, though, as to how the driver came to rest in the basket on a 400-foot hole? Ace? Long deuce? No one was saying.

At Haslet today my son threw his DX Teebird from the tee with a howling R to L wind and it tipped up and went into the creek. I just received my Golden Retriever last week, but blind throwing for DX didn't seem like a good use of our time. Luckily whilst looking to see if we could see my son's disc, we spotted the faint outline of two more discs in the water and were able to retrieve an older (before www) Innova Moray and something else (forgot).

My son's friend Alan has been on a disc losing binge lately so we gave the (unmarked) found discs to him. The Moray worked well for his forehand and he was thrilled. My son is liking his Star Leopard for the slot that the DX Teebird had filled for him so he likely won't replace it.

Playing at Kaposia today there was some league going on but plenty of room for me and a couple buddies to sneak on and play a round. On one of the last holes by the huge valley down by the far back side I spotted a disc on the hill and almost broke my neck going to get it. Ended up having a name and number on it, so despite me wanting the disc I texted. The guy was there and said he'd meet me at the practice basket. I met up with him and handed it back, despite the disc saying "reward $$$ or pick of any disc" the dude just said "hey man I've got no cash sorry" and blew me off.

Not that I needed the money or any more plastic but such a bummer the dude would put that on his discs and not honor it. Bigger bummer about it is the dude looked familiar and I think I remember him doing that to someone else at the course earlier this year.

I should know better than to complain about fellow disc golfers on this site. The dude contact me on here and apologized for the impression I got from the situation. I talked with my buddies a bit and we decided this isn't the same guy who did it earlier this year at Kaposia - which was part of what had me bummin (not for myself, I don't need his plastic or money, just that it seemed people were baiting people into returning discs). So to all my fellow DG'ers, and to this gentleman that I badmouthed a bit on here, I apologize.

Overall I was just happy to get the guy his disc back as it had some sentimental value to him. The returning discs thing is still sort of odd to me as I've never gotten a call and consider my discs gone when I give up looking for them. But from my understanding those in this community generally do return discs and so I have been hoping I get a little bit of good karma out of it.

Playing a little course about 1/2 drive from where my brother lives called Idle Hour Lake in a place called Altamont, KS. Wound up being a really good layout/design. I was one over par up to hole #11. If you look at the pic on the course description you can see the stand of trees that are at the corner of the lake. I was debating between my Wahoo and the unLace. It's a 277' hole that should have been a cakewalk. It hadn't been too windy that day so I felt confident choosing the unLace. The following events are best described as freakish. The unLace was taking its predictable pattern to the basket when what must have been a hot gust of wind out of the depths of Hell pushed the disc UP and it stalled. I watched in horror as the disc started to come down with the other players ewwing and awwing. As I walked to the top of the levy all I could see was the dying ripples of a disc cut down in its prime. Easily 20-30 feet of water. The water had to be 40 degrees otherwise I would have stripped down and jumped in to save it. Alas to fill the void that the unLace's passing had left in my heart and bag I decided to turn to Vibram for solace and adopted his baby brother the new Glow unLace with a promise to NEVER let him close to the water.

My Wolf is back!

About four months ago, I lost my Wolf in a corn field. Today I was working on my sidearm (still sucks), threw a disc aside and it sounded odd, given that it landed on tall grass.
I checked underneath it and hurray, I found that Wolf.
Apparently it survived being eaten by a combine and got tossed to the side where it weathered heat, rain and now cold for four months.
Apart from one solid gash, it's practically unharmed.
And best of all, it's hardly any more understable than when I lost it!

Attachments

• wolf I.jpg
    wolf I.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 43
  • wolf II.jpg
    wolf II.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 47
Lost a disc locally and could not find it after an hour search. I got a call 2 months later from a nice kid telling me he found my disc.....200 miles away. That was one ^&** of an errant throw.

Dang, yo....tried looking for my pink cpd at the valley today, really tore up the left side of hole 10...if you find it, pm me and we can work out a meeting in advance for some cash.

Also, chrispy...whoever you are, you can't be leavin' your discs around teepads, mate! Haha... Found a d3 with your name on it at oakwood while I was shoveling hole 4. Gotta at least throw it to lose it... ;). if you're on here, hit me up and we can arrange a way to get it back to you.

Trying to help a guy named Aron Dwyer get his Groove back. Literally.
Found his 1st ace disc in Wilmore, KY a few days ago, called (# not in service), messaged him on FaceBook, and listed it in the lost & found at the Lexington club web site. Not much more I can do, other than list it here. Gotta move this Groove, ya know? :eek:

Trying to help a guy named Aron Dwyer get his Groove back. Literally.
Found his 1st ace disc in Wilmore, KY a few days ago, called (# not in service), messaged him on FaceBook, and listed it in the lost & found at the Lexington club web site. Not much more I can do, other than list it here. Gotta move this Groove, ya know? :eek:

definitely a point where it becomes a lost cause.

on a cool note, apparently earlier during the fall, i returned a disc belonging to the current president of the minnesota frisbee association - nice!

it was kinda funny, originally i thought someone was trying the whole "put a stripper's name on a disc" trick. but it was really his last name.

Put my Ti Buzzz in the water on #9 at Idlewild park in Charlotte. Carried the water but hit one of the many guardian trees and kicked right into the drink.

I'm sure someone will text me that they've seen it at PIAS, as I will never get a phonecall from the people who farm plastic from that pond. This will be the 4th time this will have happened, so I would be AMAZED to get a call to return before they sell it to PIAS :(

9184834345_e0da4df0ef_z.jpg

My go-to-flick Star Firebird, in the bay at #1 Hiller Park. Had a good throw, but nicked the cypress on the tee side of the water, and plopped me right in the middle of the drink---waist-deep, muddy, stinky.

Slightly making up for that was finding a Star Teebird I lost 2 years ago practicing in a field near a creek. The city mowed closely in late fall and there it was---faded and stained with mudspots, but fairly intact.