• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

..................Either someone grabbed it before I did, or it rained enough to make the river swell and carry her off down stream......................

Was it hole 5 at Paschall? That is where the exact same thing happened to me.

edit: guess not, 5 is not really a dog leg.

Lost a disc I didn't expect to ever lose today.
One of my emac mercys. I was playing a pitch and putt course with not a lot of real risk to lose anything. (Johnny Roberts) with just a Harp and an EMac mercy (one of my putting putters)
Well I get to hole 11 and decide to tee with the Mercy so it didn't have much a chance to skip in (creek 45' to the left of the pin, with a steep slope half way between, flat on top and bottom). I throw an IDEAL drive, coming in fairly soft with a putter on a 175' hole I expect a 10' skip TOPS. This course is groomed grass except for the DUMB concrete circles that surround the baskets. about 5' in diameter. I skip on the concrete and the disc takes off... Damn it, now I am down to 1 putting putter until I find some more stiff Emacs..

i FOUND a yellow disc today at goucher DGC in towson. no name or number and i was the only one playing... i waited for a while to see if someone showed up from a weird lie or alternate tee, but nope. tell me what it is and it's your's again.

The only yellow discs I've ever lost were:
a lightweight R-Pro Boss, a star Roc+, a dx Dragon, a dx Eagle, and a pro Teebird. Since lost discs tend to migrate, and some ink is easily removed with acetone, it could conceivably be one of those. But I doubt it. Good on ya for trying! :thmbup:
Forgot to mention I lost a Pink Lucid Verdict last Saturday at Grand Miami, if anyone happened to fish it out. If I ever get a call back, rewards will be heaped upon the honest soul trying to return! :p

The only yellow discs I've ever lost were:
a lightweight R-Pro Boss, a star Roc+, a dx Dragon, a dx Eagle, and a pro Teebird. Since lost discs tend to migrate, and some ink is easily removed with acetone, it could conceivably be one of those. But I doubt it. Good on ya for trying! :thmbup:

nope, none of them... my guess is it was a student that lost their too-fast-for-this-course disc. it's a shorter course and, like everyone else here, i throw my putters for everything less than 500' ;)

buzzzss.jpg

z buzzz ss
hole #2 White Oak Houston, Tx. it cleared the water, or so we thought, after clipping some branches, but couldn't find it in the thick.

Dumb me, got crazy throwing drives yesterday and left a near new RGL Diamond out there somewhere. I count religiously for field practice, not on rounds.

Oh well, I see guys throwing Bosses and Nukes <200 this time of year, so I'll chalk it up to "growing the game."

Found a glow in the dark 172g disc this past Tuesday at Morris Frank Park DGC, Lufkin TX. No name on it and it looks like it was hardly worn (practically new) . Pm me what disc it was if your the owner and I'll ship it your way.
Travis Bolgiano
Wiergate TX.

Found a glow in the dark 172g disc this past Tuesday at Morris Frank Park DGC, Lufkin TX. No name on it and it looks like it was hardly worn (practically new) . Pm me what disc it was if your the owner and I'll ship it your way.
Travis Bolgiano
Wiergate TX.

PM sent Travis, I'm about to go to sleep, but I put details in that email. I posted the guys in the Deep East Texas AM Championship Facebook group the other day. Lost it on Monday when playing! Suffered from either Grip lock or OAT on the drive at 14 and it sailed over to 13... that is where you found it I'm guessing? lol

there's a guy at kaposia who's always pretty drunk. he always plays in a purple viking sweater/windbreaker, i can't remember which.

Bwahahahaha I have played with that guy at numerous courses, I forget his name, I doubt he knows mine, but whenever I cross paths with him, he always greets me like he knows me. He has some stories for sure.

Last edited:
PM sent Travis, I'm about to go to sleep, but I put details in that email. I posted the guys in the Deep East Texas AM Championship Facebook group the other day. Lost it on Monday when playing! Suffered from either Grip lock or OAT on the drive at 14 and it sailed over to 13... that is where you found it I'm guessing? lol

Very glad you found this post. Didn't know how else to get it back to you with it having no name. See you at the Deep East Texas AM Championship:thmbup:

Got a good one for you all on a Saturday night... Hole 17 Thompson dam CT... Threw a wrath, just getting the fade beaten out of it a bit and I tossed it as my fourth throw (bit of a headwind) had a quasar, giant, and outlaw bite the wind on me and i wanted something to fade back... There is a hollowed out tree out there...maybe 300 feet... Maybe the size of a basketball hoop... Well my friends that wrath is sitting in that tree on the ground in the middle of that hollowed out tree...

Lost my ibex today...

I searched forever because I love that disc so I was not leaving without it.

I started thinking that I should probably just go and hope it gets returned since it has my number on it when I heard somthing happening in the tree from above me. Right when I look upward the ibex smacks me right in the face.

Better than losing it!

Lost my ibex today...

I searched forever because I love that disc so I was not leaving without it.

I started thinking that I should probably just go and hope it gets returned since it has my number on it when I heard somthing happening in the tree from above me. Right when I look upward the ibex smacks me right in the face.

Better than losing it!

pics or it didn't happen

I believe I left a Pink ESP Buzzz with a Wu Tang 'W' dye on it at Schenley Park (hole 18 is where I think I left it) in Pittsburgh PA. My name and Phone Number is on the disc. I moved to Pittsburgh from Buffalo NY last August. This is the 4th disc I have lost in the Pittsburgh area, with my info on it, since then. I have never received any call or message on any of them! I guess I am just bummed about losing this disc its been in my bag for a few years. If anyone happens to see this around let me know and I will send some good Karma your way...

picture.php

Lost a pink Einstein Motion on no5 at Basil Griffen park, in Bowling Green, KY. It about 20-40past no6 tee less than ten feet off the bank. Not sure how I could compensate someone for its safe return but I can figure something out from my not very impressive collection.

Roc3

Lost a PAul McBeth Roc 3 today, but I don't care too much.

I was completely clear, don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. I knew when I pulled it out of my bag that it might end up in water. It was impossible to see in the water when it landed. Even on grass, it was impossible to see unless I was right on top of it. Good luck to the poor soul who finds this disc, it will cause them more problems then it is worth, lol.

Lost a PAul McBeth Roc 3 today, but I don't care too much.

I was completely clear, don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. I knew when I pulled it out of my bag that it might end up in water. It was impossible to see in the water when it landed. Even on grass, it was impossible to see unless I was right on top of it. Good luck to the poor soul who finds this disc, it will cause them more problems then it is worth, lol.

Nooooooo. Those are GREAT discs to dye. Also solves the hard to find issues. :)

Latest posts