• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Are you Serious? I sure hope I to catch a little A$$Bag Stealing out on a Disc Golf course one day. The Police will need to get there FAST. I am So Sorry this Happened... Hope you get your stuff back. :wall:

Thanks for the kind words. Very depressed right now. There aren't many courses around me and I know my discs like I know the back of my hand. And the first kid I see throwing one of my discs is going to meet the back of my hand...

Short, but funny story. I was playing at Zboaz park in Ft Worth. Hole 14 is over a large creek, and after a heavy rain, the water was really rushing. I am newer to disc golf, so I carry a Wahoo for some water holes(mock me if you must). So I use the Wahoo for the tee shot, all 4 of us watch it clear the creek and get stuck in a tree across the way. We cross the creek, go to where it gets stuck and hunt for 30 minutes plus with no luck. My friend even climbed a couple trees where the disc was, saw nothing.

So I lost a disc that floats in water up in a tree....that's irony.

If anyone finds a orange/yellow R-Pro Wahoo at ZBoaz let me know!

Lost Dragon

Lost a Yellow Dragon in the pond on #4 Fellowship Church, TN 7/3/2015. Disc is a floater but it plunged at a steep angle cutting down under the Alge which of course prevented the disc to reach back to the surface. It's inked with my DGCR# and name.

Lost a pink Champion Blizzard Katana on Saturday July 11th at Fairgrounds DGC in Bremerton/Silverdale, WA. Hole 6, left side of the path leading around the gulch. Wife threw it and it landed somewhere within the ferns there. I looked for like an hour because that's my favorite driver but for the life of me I could not find it. It's a bit faded, more of an orange/pink now so it was probably camo'ed within the brown dead ferns underneath. I bet I walked over it a thousand times. I'm really hoping someone finds it and turns it in. Luckily I'd just redone my name (James Graham) and phone number on all my discs in perm. marker.

I know better. Really, I do. But pulled one of the stupidest things I've done recently. Lost a BRAND NEW white Pro Roc on Monday, July 20 at Tradewinds Park in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I had just bought the disc 20 minutes earlier at the course's pro shop. Decided to throw it a couple of times to get the feel. I didn't mark it first. Didn't even take the sale price stickers off of it. It lasted 3 holes, and then the wind caught it and took it straight into the lake. I never ever ever throw a disc without marking it first. So someone will find themselves a brand new disc and I re-learned a lesson. But hey, if by some act of kindness someone finds this and remembers me, shoot me a message.

I had what was probably my first multi-disc losing outing of my long playing career ever on Monday. Trying to get some rounds in at Moraine - Lakeview while its in the Worlds layout and just let a few bad idea shots get away. Tee shot on hole 11 was let go real loose and watched my new favorite driver Prodigy D5 air slice into the woods. Short hole and I saw where it entered yet no luck. A few terrible holes later, I shanked my Polaris LS 150 class into the OB weeds on 15 trying to muscle it all the way down the hill. Why that happened then when I turfed my previous flip over attempts is beyond me!

So if you are spectating during the tourney, I've got a bit of plastic out there!

I was kicking around going to Moraine solo tomorrow while the wife helps run the neighborhood garage sale during the day (bc....eff that!), I'll keep an eye out for you on 11 and 15.

I've been right where you're talking on #15, looked for 10 minutes but my persistence paid off. hopefully tomorrow it's just a quick trip over to look for yours [emoji16]

Sad Day. I lost the disc the got me into Disc Golfing. My Star Innova Mamba. I lost it in plain site. No brush, no high grass, no water, no leaves. Just into a bunch of trees...poof. But it made me go out and get a stable driver, (Disccraft SurgeSS) and wow, my game just opened up.

Thanks for the memories my beloved Mamba. Fare thee well.....:(

....Yes, I immediatly got a new Mamba as well just to keep for rollers :D

lost another Wraith the other day. Threw a Pro Wraith directly into the end of the pond at the Valley. Wrong angle but it had the juice and the right kick to make it over. Skipped a couple times, floated on the edge. I bumped it and it sunk before I could pull it out with the stick. Too muddy and stinky to go searching in there.

It did have my number on it but doubt I'll see it again. Dx Teebirds and Pro Wraiths don't seem to like me. I suppose it makes sense that my top two drivers are also my most lost in water, etc though.

If this one would have faded at all I think it would have ended up perfectly after the bridge on the path but lasered straight for some reason. I think this hole has claimed more discs than any other I've played.

Lost a cocoa brown Swan2 at the Woods at St. Marys. Drove it into some weeds, not far, expected to find it no problem. Loooked for 15 minutes, gave up and moved on. Not a good color for a disc in retrospect.

Lost my white DD Fusion Felon last night at Shawnee Park in Plano around 9pm on #14 in the bushes to the left by the creek. Sad day as it's my go to sidearm disc. If you find the disc it says "Stubby" on it and my number is on it. Give me a call! It would be a first for me if someone actually did call.

Couple weeks back I joined my local club and got a nice tag and legacy cannon. Inked it and went to play a few rounds. Couldn't backhand it for any sort of respectable distance so it became my go to forehand plastic (out to about 330' dead straight). But I tried to bite off a bit more and carry over a creek at a local course and it must have buried itself deep in the first of cat tails and reeds. 4 of us looked for 45 minutes to no avail. Waiting for a phone call that will never happen now.

On another note, my friend LOVES to donate discs... And by donate I mean he has left 5 champ beasts, 2 terns, mako3, boss, and an escape on courses in the 3 months he's been playing.

Crystal Mountain...near Mt. Rainier

Arrrgghh!!! I hate courses on ski runs! The resorts don't mow the runs, the disc flies further than you normally throw, and they disappear in the tall grass! Vibram Lace, white with red marbling....I spent nearly an hour on hole 15 looking after it didn't break back to the left and flew out of sight behind the trees....Name and number on it, hope someone finds it and reaches, out.....

Lost my pink & white Avenger SS between holes 9 and 10 at The Oaks in Mokena, IL. It says "A.Meredith" and a 773 phone number on the back. If anyone finds it, please return it. It has sentimental value to me, it was my first disc and a gift from my brother.

Not entirely sure how i lost a bright pink disc in an open field, but i was having a really off-game day.

lost a near-new Cobra, white, at Creola City Park, Creola AL in the rough on hole 14. I was trying to deal with the brambles but then saw quite a few ticks. Anyone with a machete and long sleeves can have it.:doh:

circle c in austin, tx - lost a star orc when I threw from the pro box on hole 12 and it went straight right into the dense woods

steeplechase in kyle, tx - threw a blizzard destroyer into the water

just lost my pretty blue champ teebird today on hole 5 at goucher college. its off to the right in the prickers and bushes near the end of the fairway. i saw where it went in and didn't hear it hit anything, but lunchtime is only so long and i wanted to finish the round. my name and # are on it, but some college kid will probably find it before i do :( maybe i'll get lucky and get a call, though.

Chainiacs challenge misprint globuzz

I lost my globuzz on the downhill of hole nine close to the walking path on the way to the hole. Left it there by accident while going to look for another one I threw. 7-26-2104/ white with purple stamp chainiacs challenge/ walden park and moraga commons
East bay California
Just got it and didn't have a chance to put name or number but I'm hoping it will come back to me my fiancé bought it for me and it means a lot.
Thanks!

Anyone feel like they are always on the same side of this equation? I think I've had two or three discs returned in all the years I've been playing and one was from a non player walking his dog. So many DG crooks.

I'm at the point where I'm tempted to not even pick up found discs to avoid the potential hassle when trying to return them.

Anyone feel like they are always on the same side of this equation? I think I've had two or three discs returned in all the years I've been playing and one was from a non player walking his dog. So many DG crooks.

I'm at the point where I'm tempted to not even pick up found discs to avoid the potential hassle when trying to return them.

I hear you loud and clear - one of three I've had returned was also by a non-DG dog walker. I now put found discs on top of the basket on the hole I find them...let someone else 'return' it.

Here's a condensed text transcript from the last time I found a disc:

ME: Hey found your Innova whatever in the water on hole blank at blank course!

THEM: oh word

ME: Um, ya want it?? I can stash it near the lot or prob drop it off sometime as I live close by.

THEM: I'm at work right now, don't leave it, I'll get back to you.

Crickets. It's still in the trunk of my car. Sorry I bothered you at work, dude.

Latest posts