• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

This thread seemed like the place for this

11917676_10152974200486906_213194995638645578_n.jpg

So I am now at 88 lost discs. That does not include the dozens that I lost and have had returned (there is actually a high percentage of getting lost discs returned at my home course). Curious how long till I break 100.

Threw my favorite driver, a Star Teerex, into a cornfield. Found a nice un-inked Star Vulcan, then found my Teerex. :) Later that round, proceeded to lose the Teerex in the same weeds/creek that ate a Valk, Avenger SS, and X-Clone last month. :(

Then got a call yesterday about the Avenger. Thank you, nice person! :clap: All this after going several months without losing any discs.

Threw my favorite driver, a Star Teerex, into a cornfield. Found a nice un-inked Star Vulcan, then found my Teerex. :) Later that round, proceeded to lose the Teerex in the same weeds/creek that ate a Valk, Avenger SS, and X-Clone last month. :(

Then got a call yesterday about the Avenger. Thank you, nice person! :clap: All this after going several months without losing any discs.

I have a white Star TeeRex with rainbow stamp - the Innova logo is wiped. My ink on the rim. I can't remember weight but somewhere around 175g. If you want it, let me know. Probably 8/10, no chunks missing, mostly some dirt stain and rim rash. I can get you pics later. $13 shipped.

Found a Champ Thunderbird and Cyztal Stalker in the past two days. Both seem to be very good condition. Might test out the Thunderbird for a couple rounds

So I am now at 88 lost discs. That does not include the dozens that I lost and have had returned (there is actually a high percentage of getting lost discs returned at my home course). Curious how long till I break 100.

Are you playing blindfolded? That's impressive :hfive:

Wierd, the last 2 discs I've lost have been putters - threw a coffee brown Swan2 into some brush about a month ago, and just could not find it. Today, my battered TC Shield caught a gust of wind on a putt by the lake and flew about 10 feet out into the water. Slippery rocks and rough chop meant try to fish it out later.

Still, those would be the last discs I would expect to lose.

Worst lost disc ever

I left a three year old perfectly seasoned ion on the top of my car. Wanted to die...

I just lost a brand new gold line diamond (I know, lame) on hole 15 at the new course in Caminesch park.

I really shouldn't have played that hole by myself. The basket is around some trees that create a blind corner, and is surrounded by a marshland. It was one of the best throws I've ever had, but I lost sight of it around that corner and it may as well have vanished into thin air.

I just lost a brand new gold line diamond (I know, lame) on hole 15 at the new course in Caminesch park.

I really shouldn't have played that hole by myself. The basket is around some trees that create a blind corner, and is surrounded by a marshland. It was one of the best throws I've ever had, but I lost sight of it around that corner and it may as well have vanished into thin air.

Nothing wrong with that. Diamonds are nice discs!

It was the one with the snake coming out of the skull too. Most expensive disc I've bought and I was really getting a feel for it even though I only had it for most of one round.

That's the one. So if you're ever playing hole 15 at the new Caminesch course in Colorado, use a spotter!

Yesterday I made it to the course and retrieved the Avenger from the lost-and-found box—and found my Teerex there too. Sweet!

Then I hurled a just-acquired Mamba into the pretty much the same spot the Teerex had disappeared into. Not so sweet, but I wasn't even sure yet if I liked the Mamba.

I fortunately haven't lost many discs.

However, once I was playing lake cumberland, pulaski, I think, happened to run into a great guy Ralph Beckman I think who was the course pro then. On a tricky uphill shot I used one of my favorite discs ever an old roc that is a predictable mid range turn over gem. It landed right by the pin then stood up and started rolling down hill. It missed all the trees and bushes and rolled 100+ ft til it dropped into the water below. =( Ralph said, does it have your name/number? Then I will get it back to you because that water dries in summer.

Two years went by and as I was walking out of a restaurant on the way home from playing the Bowling Green Open up walks Mr. Ralph Beckman and he looks at me and says, hey, hold on, I have your disc in my truck!!!!!!

Wow, it was like a Christmas surprise. There it was, and it flew as special as ever, my sharpie numbers were faded and unreadable but he remembered me and it is Still in my bag 15 yrs later.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ralph and good people everywhere who take the time to return found discs. You never know. It might just be someones beloved and irreplaceable disc.

I played a round at northwoods after this years ledgestone saturday round and found a yellow comet, I planned on passing it off to an official to return to owner but before I finished my round a guy came up to me and asked if I had found a comet. He was very excited to hear me say yes. I said I was going to return it cause you never know how much someone loves a disc. He said...you don't even know, thank you so much...

Just lost my perfectly worn in S-PD on hole 24 at whispering falls. Made it all the way through the woods fine, lost it playing the wide open holes. Landed in 4 foot tall grass and just disappeared. Total bummer, it's got my name and number, maybe it will come back.

Another round at Deer Lakes, another disc left in the lake on hole 15...

Had a nicely beat in Archangel that was starting to become my dependable turnover driver. Figures the one time it doesn't flip for me. It was within reach when we got there but between the oncoming darkness and all the debris that was kicked up when we went to try and scoop it up...

If I had been smart about it I might have taken my time trying to grab it and should have just bailed on finishing in the dark. Pretty much had to play the last 3 holes using a glow mid to have any chance at sight and even then it was difficult.

Latest posts