• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc - Your opinion

What do you do when you find a disc that has been marked with name/contact info?

• Return it

Votes: 208 86.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 33 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he deserves some kind of card, leppard should be able to post his opinion without threats and name calling.

Firs

I understand that part of the risk of the game is loosing a disc or two, but, its dirtbags like you that bring almost as bad of a name to the sport as the brown bag drunks that frequent the course.

Long story short, its not yours, you did'nt earn it, return it.

:wall:

Some days dont you just feel like being a dg scum bag. Brown bag and all!

I have found 3 and lost one. One that I found had a name and number on it. I walked to the next tee and called the guy. It was out in the open and I thought he could still be playing. He said he lent them to a friend and he lost it. Told me to keep it. The second, no name or number just initials. It was right before a tournament was starting. I gave it to the TD and mentioned it to the guy I thought lost it. It was his. Third I found while looking for the one I lost (mine has name and phone number on it) never found mine. We even helped another group of strangers look around the same area hoping to help them find theirs and possibly mine.

I dont understand the resistance to return a marked disc. How long does it take to place one phone call.

"I have a disc with your name and number, please call me. If I dont hear from you in X time, I will keep it or donate it."

If you are so stubborn about keeping them, I suspect some other morality issues as well.

This is what happens when we b1tch at noobs for not using the search function. Threads we want to die get resurrected.

Return it, unless they...the rightful owner says to keep it. However if it has no info on it, use it when you play a water hazzard course.

I attempt to return the disc, but I'm not going to work too hard at it (I may make more effort if it's a distinct / custom dye disc)..

Call number, leave message OR Text number and tell them to call me if they want their disc
If they don't call back, I keep the disc.

If people find plastic and keep it, that's their decision. I know what it feels like to lose a disc I like, and I'd want it returned if possible...so I return discs if I can.

I call once, maybe twice as soon as I get to a phone. I never personally carry a cell. I leave messages if its possible. If they are a local I'll make some sort of arrangements to get it back to the owner. If they are from out of town (this hasn't happened to me yet) I'd make some sort of arrangements to get it back to them not more than shipping costs.

I've returned a few and had a few returned.

I don't get it.

If someone has a topic they want to talk about, and they create a new thread, they get beaten up for not searching where it was already discussed. But if they do search for it, they get beaten up for bringing it up again.

I fully understand that there are members who are done talking about certain topics. However, there are always new members who may have missed out on it and may want to discuss it. So long as the title of the thread is not misleading (i.e. you know what it is about and you can completely ignore the thread), why give someone a hard time for wanting to discuss a topic. Isn't it just easier to ignore the thread and move on?

Lately, my frustration with returning discs is with people who say they are going to meet you somewhere to pick up a disc and then don't. I have had situation where I have tried to meet up on 3 occasions with someone to return a disc. I like to return discs, but I do not like being put out to do it. While going out of you way to return one disc is not that much, I have returned over 40 discs form the lake at my home course. Calling people, setting up times to meet, and returning the discs takes a lot of time when you return that many.

A friend of mine got a call this morning about a disc he lost last night. They couldn't meet easily, so the guy used his phone to video where he hid it on the course, then sent it via text. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I make an attempt to get a hold of them, especially if the name and number are legible however I've been known to keep discs with 2-3 names and numbers crossed out or scribbled on. or if it's particularly beat disc. If it's flawless plastic(very rare) I always will return it.

it is a JOE SCHMOE with just a number on it then i keep it and color over the number. im sorry to any of you that think what i do is wrong. nobody would return a star destroyer to me. but if a pdga number is on it then i will return it if they come to me

yeah we all know how rare those star destroyers are...man

i always return them, hoping they will be returned to me. you never know what you'll get in return. i've gotten discs, money, greenery...never a bad thing to have good karma my friends

Last edited:
I've lost maybe a dozen discs in the last year, and have not got one call to return one to me. So, now I quit putting any name and number on any disc, and only put the address of my favorite website for picking up plastic.

As far as returning a found disc, if there is a name or number on it, I leave it on top of the closest basket or put it in the "Found Disc" slot at the shed near the parking lot.

By the way, I do search for topics and read them to get questions answered, but I do appreciate fresh opinions. If I don't like a thread or I think the topic has been covered enough, I don't click on it. :doh:

oh... didn't see the name in contact info part. yeah, return.:thmbup: blank = MINE

can you change your vote? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts