• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lost disc

Remember the first rule of getting into a fight... sucker punch is for suckers, but they always seem to get away with it ;)

Like in highschool where somebody gets punched 1 time and 50 people jump in and the fight lasts like 5 seconds.:doh:;)

1)Dont throw two discs- 50% of lost discs are due to two shots and due to this fact I'm not sure if I beleive they stole it.
2)I thought soccer players were supose to be hardcore- the old European guys I see that drink like fish and smoke like chimneys seem down for fighting ( not that I encourage violence)

He should have kept playing with his putter. A round of golf with just a putter is better than no round of DG at all. Replacing a $15.00 disc is a lot cheaper than and less pain full than breaking a hand on someone's face, or worse, getting your face broken by someone's hand.

"I see jerks everywhere, the problem is, they don't know they are jerks." Haley Joel Osment in, shoot I can't remember that movie with Bruce Willis....? Sixth Since? Is that the one? Been too long since I've seen it.

2 big drunks against one smaller person. As a red stripe in Tae-Kwon-Do, I would have walked away, and I'm 185 lbs. Fighting is for self defense when threatened. If he did fight, and ended up in jail, or worse got injured, the bills, court costs, lawyer fees, why he could build a private DG course by the time he got through. IF he hurt one of them and they sued, and won, well, again, WAY cheaper to buy a new disc.

Just my 2 cents,
Donald

Soccer players are a bunch of wusses, come on now.

Yeah, it's the hooligan fans that are the hardcore bad@sses.

And not to rub salt in the wound, but very little good comes from throwing a second drive. You're either going to lose a disc, or get pi$$ed because you parked the hole but you still have to take the first shot.

Start carrying handguns....

walter-sobchak-entering-a-world-of-pain.jpg

You're entering a world of pain.

Ask them if they mind you checking their discs then. What could it hurt? If they dont let you, you know they took it.

Always scope out the situation. If I throw more than one disc on a whole I always look to see if there are other people out there. Once I do throw I know which disc is in the most "dangerous" spot and I'll go there first leaving my "safe" discs.

Also, once I was for such a guy took my disc, kinda like the situation you described. About an hour later I found said disc in a bush. I felt like a dumbass...

lol alright well the beer idea is a good idea, the only problem is I'm 20 and my buddy is only 19, so we can't really have beer legally.

As for soccer players being wusses, you do realize we hit each other hard and we don't have pads like wuss football players to soften the blows. We knock heads not helmets. Man the injuries I've seen in soccer..... not good at all, one guy dislocated his hip, another tore his acl, and I saw two guys go up for a header, one guy came down with his teeth on the other guys head, knocked out 3 teeth and the other guy had to get a bunch of stitches... Some soccer players are wusses though, I'll give you that *cough* Christiano Ronaldo *cough*

As for throwing two discs thing, I agree fully, I never throw 2 discs ever for a couple reasons, mostly because I don't deserve a second chance in any round no matter what, since I won't get it in competitive rounds. I've been telling the guy for a while now that he shouldn't throw two discs.... I just wish he'd listen.

I think its fine to throw two discs, or three, or four, .... Just make mental notes. I do it all the time and don't lose discs. This is especially nice if you had two shots in your head and want to see the outcome for both. There are many cases where throwing more than one disc is beneficial.

Ohh and about the soccer thing.... soccer is definetely a contact sport!

Football is not a contact sport so they cannot be compared. Football is a COLLISION sport!

Order some chinese throwing stars online and carry 3 of 4 in your bag when you play. If you think someone stole your disc, ask to check their bag. If they say no...tell them they have 10 seconds to tell you where your disc is or their going to regret it. If they still give you problems, chuck a throwing star into their leg and tell them the next one is going in their neck.

You might go to jail for a while but people will be talking about your ninja ass on the course for decades.

Latest posts