• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

The Gazelle is my favorite all around disc next to the Leopard. I can't take it out of the bag and haven't found a replacement yet. The closest new disc I could compare it to would be the Clash (stable like a Champion Gazelle) or Switch (DX stability). I'm waiting for the G-star Gazelle's to show up at GGGT for winter play. I haven't thrown my Buzz's for a long time. I can do the same shot with a DX Gazelle and more.

Yeah, that's why I'm really wondering if I could kick two molds with one, while at the same time complementing my pd much better than a tb. Saw someone saying that these fly like leopards when they break in too. It really sounds like I could easily cover everything from fresh kc roc to shorter beat or fresh teebird with this disc, which is very appealing to me. The pd can pick up from where the gazelle leaves off.

I can do 90% of all my midrange and fairway driver shots with this disc. The only thing it can't do is overstable headwind.

got to fondle a gstar yesterday. didn't have enough cash on me or it would have come home. very grippy and the dome wasn't bad.

Yeah, that's why I'm really wondering if I could kick two molds with one, while at the same time complementing my pd much better than a tb. Saw someone saying that these fly like leopards when they break in too. It really sounds like I could easily cover everything from fresh kc roc to shorter beat or fresh teebird with this disc, which is very appealing to me. The pd can pick up from where the gazelle leaves off.

I tried the whole Trilogy thing and was able to convert completely over save one disc. I could not find a replacement for my Gazelles, specifically my Star Gazelles. Even moderately seasoned they are nothing short of irreplaceable. It lives up to Innova's hype of basically being a hybrid midrange.

It is definitely shorter my TeeBirds/ Stags and longer than my Rocs/Truths/ Verdicts. For me it is the perfect disc for line drives with no turn or fade from 280 to 370. What makes it so great is that it can handle a little extra torque/ muscle/ OAT without doing anything crazy stupid. Stars in particular are hard to flip, but they also have so little fade so you can back off at the same time.

I have been souring on my GStar Gazelles. The grip is second-to-none and come to winter I will put them back in in place of my regular Stars. However, the GStar does have a slight turn and or flip and does not seem to glide as well. My GStar really seems that it needs more finesse while the regular Star can be muscled.

Go quick, Stars are currently only available through the Factory store and I have been snatching up the heavy oranges and whites.

I can do 90% of all my midrange and fairway driver shots with this disc. The only thing it can't do is overstable headwind.

I feel that my factory store dx stamped JL Gazelle is stable enough. Thing has no turn. I haven't thrown it too much so I don't know if it will season quickly, but doubt it.

Has anyone had any experience with the newer runs of champ glo gazelles and how they fly as well as what the dome is like on them? Always had a soft spot for the gazelle but not enough to where I want to pay the prices that the old champ stuff is going for. DX Gazelle was one of the first discs I owned. They made the perfect disc to carry multiples in different stages from fresh to beat.

^pay the $5 for the crown and start a thread in the marketplace.

Now back to Gazelle... How big of a headwind do you think one of the Star Gazelles could handle for someone throwing them with ~275' of power?

What elevation are you at? Here in Colorado a fresh Gazelle is actually decently overstable. My wife has a Star Gazelle and it will hyzer out for her into a pretty decent headwind, though it will have some turn. She throws between 225-250, for reference.

Not sure on elevation exactly but I'm in the plains of central IL so discs certainly won't act as OS as where you are.

^pay the $5 for the crown and start a thread in the marketplace.

Now back to Gazelle... How big of a headwind do you think one of the Star Gazelles could handle for someone throwing them with ~275' of power?

I'm comfortable throwing a Pro Gazelle into about a 10 mph headwind at that power or a little more. I would think a Star would handle 15 or so, but have no personal experience with it.

I just got a gstar gazelle from the pro shop. Absolutely love it. Especially the gstar material. I accidentally hit a pump building my first round with the disc, it's a stone coated building. Not a scratch, and when I hit the same building with a star, my star disc was all chewed up.

What do you think this guy is worth
11x Kcpro pearly yellow gazelle Rainbow stamp no ink 8.5/10 175g very small red faded stain in the upper left

Attachments

• 20141012_213721_HDR_resized.jpg
    20141012_213721_HDR_resized.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts