• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

I haven't gotten home yet to check them out. I really got them more for gifts and/or loaner bags for friends who come along to play.

Not my review, credit is to this reddit user: http://www.reddit.com/user/aMiracleAtJordanHare
from this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/2imh3e/my_review_of_that_30_backpack_from_academy/

Gotchya. Seriously looking at getting one to use as a winter bag.

But with with an A-Series, a C14 and a modified Cabela's bag in the house...maybe not. LOL.

The more you make in one color, the cheaper the bag price is overall. The next run may feature new colors, but this order was so big... they should be stocked for awhile.
You got some inside info on this huh...

On a side note all I have to say is "WINNING!":clap:

had to pause the video at a minute... just to say, holy s, nice collection there.

So, I have the target diy bag, the 35 dollar one. I built a rack in it to move them higher. Bag is good, but not perfect. I picked up the magellan one yesterday, and I like it a lot. I had to do a few modifications, but its not hard. The biggest thing I did not like is that the bag is a little floppy. I fixed that by making plastic framing that extends up the sides of the bag and reenforced the bottom of the bag with some. My other gripe is tucking the flap into the pocket, but, I am just going to get some velcro strips and put a piece in the back to attach the flap to. With the framing, the bag sits MUCH better. If anyone wants to see what I am talking about, I can post a pic. Overall, I like the bag, and its a great value!

2qj96gw.jpg

jff2hv.jpg

Last edited:
Orange and black= I buy.
@Above see you also got a jartop, how does it compare? Jartop is my main, this should be lighter, right?

Yeah, have the jar top elite bag. I liked it, but this one seems better once you mod it a little. This one is lighter and has more disc capacity

I saw, held, and stuffed this bag at academy yesterday before I saw this thread. This bag is actually pretty awesome. To me, it's only downside is the smaller water bottle holders. But for $30, I will buy smaller water bottles or just put one in the side pockets (there is PLENTY of room for one).

When you factor in the putter pocket up front, this bag has a righteous amount of storage and hold A LOT of discs. I started to feel silly in the store stuffing it with discs because I was clearing out whole racks of discs to do it.

For 1/8 the cost of a Grip bag, I'm sold. The materials seems solid enough. Plus $30 every year or two is worth it for me. I was looking at a Range too, but not any more. Finally there is some sense in the DG backpack game. $260 FOR A BAG TO HOLD DISCS?? God bless capitalism and Academy.

PVC frame MOD:

15499768982_9511bca566_c.jpg

15313554377_dc628d85f8_c.jpg

Still holds 20 in main compartment... I'm pretty sure I spent about $10 but I'll tally the reciept and post the amount when I post more pics... Supper time!