• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Maiden

DiscGolfCenter has the Retro Burst Maidens for $9.99 - some of the bursts are pretty muted. Not that expensive.

So how do the BT hard moonshine maidens compare to the trilogy challenge run? I love the tc maiden for being board flat and hope that part wasn't changed too much.

I do hope the same.

I've got some coming my way, they made their way across the pond but didnt arrive at my house yet.

Checking the DHL Tracking way to often, will report upon Arrival asap ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

The moonshine BT hards are slightly more domey :/
They are harder and grippier though, better than origios for me. They feel perfect, the only thing i could want different are flatter ones (even flatter than the trilogy Challenge Edition)
a8c510bc715fde60071b62a23a4833e1.jpg
eb3611a4f9f1cc954d6325afc4e55ced.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Have yet to throw my Blue Burst beauty. One disc round in the snow tomorrow!

Thrown this a couple rounds now: surprised by the stability. Love the shallowness and stability.

NEwbie here,
Got mine in today, played a 1 disc round and I liked it. It holds your line off the tee and has good glide but doesn't take wind very well. I love how shallow the rim is makes it very comfortable for driving with. I have a noodle arm so the harp fades alittle too hard for me in some shots but the maiden flew straight all the way to the ground with no fade. Mine is origio 176g. I dont have a very strong put. The shallow rim gave me a lot of confidence, didn't make me nail all of my putts but it was comfortable and I could see myself using it as an in the circle putter

Does anyone know if they will be making these in premium plastics?

My origio burst is already flippy off the tee after 4 rounds. Westside if u are reading that VIP would be nice

So... I got to try the Maiden for the first time today. I love low profile faster putters for approach shots and this fits the bill perfectly. My current "go to" upshot disc is the proxy as it can be thrown flat and dead straight with no fade or hold hyzers or annys - a truly neutral disc that holds any line (yeah overused term but true in this case). When I need a touch of fade I throw throw the Envy. I find that the Maiden has a very similar feel (rim depth), distance, and glide to the Proxy and Envy but splits the difference in stability. Out of these similar discs I'd say Proxy is 3,4,0,0 the Maiden is 3,4,0,1 and Envy is 3,4,0,2. I'm still trying to figure out if it will make the bag but it's gonna be hard to beat out the Proxy. I'm looking forward to the BT Soft version which may win out for "hit and stick" upshots. So many good discs so little bag space - we shall see...

Question for those familiar with both: how much is the Maiden like the Marshal in the rim and grip?

Question for those familiar with both: how much is the Maiden like the Marshal in the rim and grip?

They're not much alike at all in those respects. The Maiden is shallower and the rim is thinner. the Marshal nose is broader and more rounded and feels more substantial.

The Maiden is one of the most shallow putters I've used. J used the Wedge but that's trash.

The Maiden is one of the most shallow putters I've used. J used the Wedge but that's trash.

Yeah I have yet to see a player use a Wedge even the Star model as a putter or a forehand approach disc. The only way the Wedge could be used is as a forehand approach disc or a forehand driving disc as the Wedge is so US that it can't be used as a regular putting putter unless they are a more severe hyzer putter. Also does not help that the disc is only in DX and Star, two plastics that the DX is not that durable so disc gets super flippy quick and the Star is not that great for putting due to the elasticity bounce and thus limits the disc to being only a forehand approach and driving putter.

So I bought a couple moonshine BT hard maidens from Infinite last Christmas. I didn't end up liking the putting grip (too shallow) or putting flight (too understable) except for outside the circle jump putts. I also didn't love the backhand grip so I didn't really toss them around much. Anyway, on a whim I picked them up today while throwing with my five-year old son and tossed them sidearm. I love the grip and flight forehand! Really neutral without putting much power into it. Slight hyzer and they turn all the way to the ground with great glide. Lots of hyzer without much power and the flight is really straight with a glidey finish.

So my question is this: does anyone know how the stock origio and BT runs compare to the BT moonshine? If I can find a stock run of these I might add it to the bag for touch sidearms.

So I bought a couple moonshine BT hard maidens from Infinite last Christmas. I didn't end up liking the putting grip (too shallow) or putting flight (too understable) except for outside the circle jump putts. I also didn't love the backhand grip so I didn't really toss them around much. Anyway, on a whim I picked them up today while throwing with my five-year old son and tossed them sidearm. I love the grip and flight forehand! Really neutral without putting much power into it. Slight hyzer and they turn all the way to the ground with great glide. Lots of hyzer without much power and the flight is really straight with a glidey finish.

So my question is this: does anyone know how the stock origio and BT runs compare to the BT moonshine? If I can find a stock run of these I might add it to the bag for touch sidearms.

I have several winter putting league eclipse maidens if you're looking.

Anyone using these as their primary putter? I've been testing one out and I'm starting to dig it.