• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
I saw posted in another thread (which linked the Dave D discussions on the PDGA board) that the Mako3 is coming soon and some test runs were sold through the Factory Store.

Has anyone thrown one of these yet and can provide some feedback? Curious how they are going to compare to their non-numerical brethren.

If this is too early and literally no one has thrown it, then my bad. :)

Wonder why they are re-tooling the Mako - seems like people who've used it love the straight flight.

Shark3 is money stable. It is like the old buzzz's that were nuts straight with a reliable fade. It's not as fast as the buzzz though and I'm interested to see how it works with low ceilings.

I thought the Shark3s were due for release late this year or early 2014. When i talked with my rep at Innova last week he knew they were coming but didnt know exact dates.

Seriously - am I being trolled here, or are these legit? What's up with these "____3" discs lately? Did I miss something? :confused:

No, not being trolled. Both the Shark and Mako '3' will be out within the next 6-12 months. I talk with my Innova rep every couple of weeks and this is coming from him. Dave D. Also posted this on his thread at the PDGA discussion boards.

Was there ever a Shark or Mako 2? I assumed the Roc3 was from the Classic Roc, to the modern Roc, to the new release. As far as I know, Shark and Mako have been the same since they first came out.

I imagine its just a way they classify the way they are making them flat and straight. probably a term from prototyping that stuck.

I imagine its just a way they classify the way they are making them flat and straight. probably a term from prototyping that stuck.

I wonder how many midranges Innova is going to mold. Not knocking...just saying.

I think they'll probably wait to see how these go. At least they have a nice flat line up to compete with wasp/buzzz/comet now. And by now I mean whenever the discs finally drop.

I heard that the 2013 Selinske Masters disc is going to be the Shark 3. So I'm guessing these things are coming out this year, at the very least in limited runs.

McBeth said the Shark 3 is kinda overstable or more stable than the Roc 3's so I'm guessing straight isn't going to be how it will fly even though 8 million posts will pop up with people saying so.

I haven't heard **** about how the Mako3 flies and that's the one that interests me.

Was there ever a Shark or Mako 2? I assumed the Roc3 was from the Classic Roc, to the modern Roc, to the new release. As far as I know, Shark and Mako have been the same since they first came out.

Roc3 is actually the 3rd version of the rancho mold..rancho roc,rancho roc+,and rancho roc 3

McBeth said the Shark 3 is kinda overstable or more stable than the Roc 3's so I'm guessing straight isn't going to be how it will fly even though 8 million posts will pop up with people saying so.

The Roc3 is straighter than a Roc. The Shark3 is more stable than a Roc3.

So, the Shark3 is a Roc?

Latest posts