• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

It's been a minute since I've thrown a buzzz, but I feel like the mako3 feels a bit more like a buzzz than the meteor. I like the slightly deeper feel of the mako vs the meteor, if you don't have the the touch to replace the buzzz and meteor with the mako3 as suggested above (I don't) I could see the mako replacing the meteor for a more similar to buzzz feel.
I've currently got an ESP comet in the bag that I'm comparing against both my beat in but still stable (for a mako3) jolly launcher and color glow holly finley mako3. I think realistically I could tend to make most of the same shots with any of the 3 discs, but they all do things just differently enough that I'm having a hard time picking which to keep and which ones to remove. It might wind up being more course dependent honestly.

Can anyone compare a Mako3 with a Wombat3?

I think the Wombat is pretty much just a beaded Mako.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Mako3 and Wombat3 feel nothing alike in my hand.

At least in Champion plastic.

Can anyone compare a Mako3 with a Wombat3?

I think the Wombat is pretty much just a beaded Mako.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Mako3 and Wombat3 feel nothing alike in my hand.

At least in Champion plastic.

Mako3 and Wombat3 are totally different discs. Wombat3 has a pointy rim and a sizeable bead. Mako3 has a nice rounded rim. The Wombat3 flips up and turns when brand new (in my experience), where the Mako3 basically holds a line with minimal fade. My girlfriend throws them both with a Roc3 as the stable/overstable compliment.

Mako3 and Wombat3 are totally different discs. Wombat3 has a pointy rim and a sizeable bead. Mako3 has a nice rounded rim. The Wombat3 flips up and turns when brand new (in my experience), where the Mako3 basically holds a line with minimal fade. My girlfriend throws them both with a Roc3 as the stable/overstable compliment.

Agreed.
I'm actually a big Wombat3 fan and feel like they are underrated. They can be deliciously neutral and glidey which checks my boxes!

Agreed.
I'm actually a big Wombat3 fan and feel like they are underrated. They can be deliciously neutral and glidey which checks my boxes!
I'm deliberately NOT buying a Wombat3 for the very reason that it checks all my boxes and I'm sure I'd dig them and want to buy more but ultimately it will not make my bag and end up on that shelf in the basement. Right next to the Mako3's. Then I'd have to figure out which one I like more when somebody starts a "What's your favorite disc you don't throw" thread.

I really love me some Mako3's, but I can't find a hole in my Roc/Comet mids to slide them into.

I'm deliberately NOT buying a Wombat3 for the very reason that it checks all my boxes and I'm sure I'd dig them and want to buy more but ultimately it will not make my bag and end up on that shelf in the basement. Right next to the Mako3's. Then I'd have to figure out which one I like more when somebody starts a "What's your favorite disc you don't throw" thread.

I really love me some Mako3's, but I can't find a hole in my Roc/Comet mids to slide them into.

Classic Middle Class Deferred Gratification Principal. Just tell your therapist that right off the bat. It'll save a lot of time. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly Finley versions on MS and GGGT. [emoji106][emoji41]

Ok, here's the deal. Just another gnats ass 68 year old arm here. Loved my glow Mako's ten years ago. My primary midrange. Moved on to the Wombat family. Mako 3 comes along in my preferred lighter weights, got the Holly Finley Tour version in 165g. I really want to like it, feels good in the hand, etc, but the very steep inner bevel just comes off my old man fingers too easily resulting in early releases and unintended hyzers. Gonna get in the field and see if it shakes out, but for now I'm still all over Wombats, so to speak. [emoji106][emoji41]

Ok, here's the deal. Just another gnats ass 68 year old arm here. Loved my glow Mako's ten years ago. My primary midrange. Moved on to the Wombat family. Mako 3 comes along in my preferred lighter weights, got the Holly Finley Tour version in 165g. I really want to like it, feels good in the hand, etc, but the very steep inner bevel just comes off my old man fingers too easily resulting in early releases and unintended hyzers. Gonna get in the field and see if it shakes out, but for now I'm still all over Wombats, so to speak. [emoji106][emoji41]

I like using the modified fan grip on my mids. May help you depending on your hand size.

Anyone throwing XT Mako3's? I haven't thrown mid grade plastic in a long time. Do they get mangled super quick?

I just picked up a Kona Tour & a lighter champion Mako3. I really like the hand feel. Maybe even more than the Meteor.

Just got a 160 gram star mako3 to put in next to the heavier ones I have. It's very domey compared to the other ones as well. Be interesting to compare it to the flights of them

I have a 172G Star Mako3 which is my best RHBH mid. It flies straight as an arrow but also holds any line I want it too. The only problem is my forehand shots. Is a Mako3 in Champion plastic better for forehand shots? I do seem to have better success with harder plastics on forehand shots. Disclaimer: I am a "Newbie" 40 y.o who took a ten year break as family and work got in the way. I played quite often in my 20's.

Good to see the Mako3 getting some discussion. I have two in my bag, a 169g Champion plastic and a 180G Star plastic. They are crazy straight and my 180G Star disc handles the wind a little better.

This disc is so nice! Flies great on the FH, and feels real nice. If i ever lose my beat buzzz, or it gets too flippy - the mako3 is going straight in the bag.

Anyone throwing XT Mako3's? I haven't thrown mid grade plastic in a long time. Do they get mangled super quick?

I just picked up a Kona Tour & a lighter champion Mako3. I really like the hand feel. Maybe even more than the Meteor.

I got a pair of XTs to try and started bagging one. It's filling a utility slot for me since my Luster MD fills my neutral mid duties, but I love how easy it is to hyzer flip. In the 2 rounds I've played with it, I used it once each round for a standstill get out of trouble hyzer. Released on a steep hyzer, it flipped up (but never to flat), then continued to penetrate forward and left. It's a lot of fun to throw in the field too.

I got a pair of XTs to try and started bagging one. It's filling a utility slot for me since my Luster MD fills my neutral mid duties, but I love how easy it is to hyzer flip. In the 2 rounds I've played with it, I used it once each round for a standstill get out of trouble hyzer. Released on a steep hyzer, it flipped up (but never to flat), then continued to penetrate forward and left. It's a lot of fun to throw in the field too.

Does it warp pretty easily?