• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill-not top ten...really ?

I have found that the tragically bad courses are easily as fun as many 4+ courses.

They're like a million times as good, in terms of course bagging to time ratio. A quick one disc round is often more than the course deserves. Good to great disc golf courses are such a hassle in that way: losing discs, needing to worry about lines and strategy, tending to enjoy being there for hours and hours. Sheesh. I'm starting to regret those wasteful trips to Mt. Vernon, Moraine Lake, Columbia MO, Pawhuska OK, etc.

Come to think of it, I should just spend a few months playing just sub-2.0 courses. Then I can complain cuz someone ranked one too highly and I accidently played what should have been a 3.0. Hmmm...

And Stardoggy, maybe this is an awkward DGCR moment, but you're also on that shortlist of DGCR folks that I'd be willing to gamble would make for a fun round of disc golf. Please show me around Wisconsin some day.

Last edited:
They're like a million times as good, in terms of course bagging to time ratio. A quick one disc round is often more than the course deserves. Good to great disc golf courses are such a hassle in that way: losing discs, needing to worry about lines and strategy, tending to enjoy being there for hours and hours. Sheesh. I'm starting to regret those wasteful trips to Mt. Vernon, Moraine Lake, Columbia MO, Pawhuska OK, etc.

Come to think of it, I should just spend a few months playing just sub-2.0 courses. Then I can complain cuz someone ranked one too highly and I accidently played what should have been a 3.0. Hmmm...

And Stardoggy, maybe this is an awkward DGCR moment, but you're also on that shortlist of DGCR folks that I'd be willing to gamble would make for a fun round of disc golf. Please show me around Wisconsin some day.

I've definitely spent days on end driving around Iowa. Or Chicagoland. Or Denver area. Playing mindless 9 holers, courses add up pretty quick when I can play 15 courses in a day.

We don't get many international people on here, maybe a small group of them just discovered DGCR or something.

2 more this morning. Maybe this is why...

Cons: The only con I can think of is that politicans are planning to turn the course into a cementary. Our time on Järva DGP might be limited....

The reverse of the BR mess. They're trying to do a positive PR campaign?...

I think they're trying to make it a top ten course to show the politicians that they'd be making a mistake in turning it into a graveyard

I have found that the tragically bad courses are easily as fun as many 4+ courses.

the WFT factor can sometimes be a beautiful thing.

Speaking of drive by reviews. Anybody else notice the 5 drive by 5s that Jarva got today?... Thought that was kinda strange.

We don't get many international people on here, maybe a small group of them just discovered DGCR or something.

I think they're trying to make it a top ten course to show the politicians that they'd be making a mistake in turning it into a graveyard

we don't get a lot of foreign reviewers. i think Scandinavians tend to be terse people to begin with so i'm forgiving of the brevity of these reviews; i thumbed them all up. plus Jarva does need the attention and praise.

the WFT factor can sometimes be a beautiful thing.

I'm not trying to toot my horn or anything by mentioning a course I reviewed, but just speaking from my experience, but B. Schmitz in Houston is like the King of the worst courses I've ever played. It's not even trying to pretend to be a course. And someone rated it a 2, and that to me is just objectively wrong, and as funny as the idea of the course itself.

It's there a thread or something for worst holes ever played? I played a course the other day with the worst finishing hole I've ever played or heard of and I would love to see what others there are

I'm not trying to toot my horn or anything by mentioning a course I reviewed, but just speaking from my experience, but B. Schmitz in Houston is like the King of the worst courses I've ever played. It's not even trying to pretend to be a course. And someone rated it a 2, and that to me is just objectively wrong, and as funny as the idea of the course itself.

It's there a thread or something for worst holes ever played? I played a course the other day with the worst finishing hole I've ever played or heard of and I would love to see what others there are

Pretty sure I remember a thread of the worst. You want too see something really scary? Go to zenbot's, Danger's or Lions played list and click on the RIP course Conejo Valley YMCA and look at the pics.:popcorn:

Pretty sure I remember a thread of the worst. You want too see something really scary? Go to zenbot's, Danger's or Lions played list and click on the RIP course Conejo Valley YMCA and look at the pics.:popcorn:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THAT WAS GREAT

My appetite for absolutely terribleness has been satiated. Thank you so much

It would be cool if there was like a DGCR Hall of Fame category. Like for legendary courses over a certain age that have maintained excellent quality for a minimum amount of time. The Maple Hill/Flip City/Idlewild/Milo type courses that everyone should play at least once in their life. So that even if they get bumped from the top by people loading a course less informed viewers would know that the course is fantastic.

Can't remember where, but I once suggested making a list of all courses that have ever been #1 and ever been in the top #10- would be cool to have that collected and archived somewhere. Not sure if that would require all of our collective memories, or if Tim would have a way to easily spit out that data.

i, too, played and reviewed that course before it died. couple holes through cactus (like, directly through it) and then playing directly at buildings and over playgrounds.

someone should have lost their job over that "course"

Can't remember where, but I once suggested making a list of all courses that have ever been #1 and ever been in the top #10- would be cool to have that collected and archived somewhere. Not sure if that would require all of our collective memories, or if Tim would have a way to easily spit out that data.
That wouldn't be that tough to do, you'd just put a date limiter on the query that chooses the top X and you could compile the list fairly easily. I'd just have to run a query for every month for the last X amount of years (I think every day would be a bit much).

We're now up to 9 consecutive 5-star drive by reviews for Jarva. How is this different than Pendleton King and all of those reviews that got yanked?

At least somebody finally offered something like a review with that 5-star.

We're now up to 9 consecutive 5-star drive by reviews for Jarva. How is this different than Pendleton King and all of those reviews that got yanked?
Nothing was yanked from Pendleton that I recall.

Nothing was yanked from Pendleton that I recall.

Make it 10 straight now.

I thought a handful were yanked that only filled out the pros section and seemingly ignored the cons and other thoughts.

As for PK, I still love the ratings discrepancy between the drive-bys and everyone else.

Latest posts