• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

So it seemed like, in the Skins match, they played a few of the short pads and short baskets. Is that the setup this year? Or was it just for the video, and they're still playing the full Gold layout?

So it seemed like, in the Skins match, they played a few of the short pads and short baskets. Is that the setup this year? Or was it just for the video, and they're still playing the full Gold layout?

That was just for the skins. Full gold layout for the tournement

I felt that way at the beginning of the season, but now I'm to the point where I'm rooting for him to keep dominating. Who doesn't want to see a MJ, Babe Ruth, Tiger, ect in their prime? The more he wins the more I get the feeling that we're watching something that will be talked about in disc golf for a very long time.

Same here. Although imho a rivalry of equals is the best fan experience (Agassi v. Sampras is my all time favorite), when someone is as dominant as Tiger or MJ or Serena, then the field becomes that 50/50 rival and there's almost as much drama combined with the awe of watching true greatness.

Educate a noob here: What does it mean that the round is unofficially rated? When does it become officially rated?

I think its after all of this tournament's rounds have been averaged and weighted against the old averages. A few holes are different this year(minor changes but still) the ratings are still based on average scores from the previous layout.

Ratings are completely independent of any other round ... they're based on the players present and what they've shot relative to each other. They're unofficial until the tournament is completed and the TD submits the final package of info to the PDGA.

Ratings are completely independent of any other round ... they're based on the players present and what they've shot relative to each other. They're unofficial until the tournament is completed and the TD submits the final package of info to the PDGA.

This.

The PDGA website has a process that does a quick and dirty ratings estimate based on the unofficial results uploaded by the TD. That process typically gets close to the final numbers, assuming that all layout info is accurately inputted. But it skips some steps that are part of the official calculation.

After the event, the TD submits the final results with all necessary info about layouts and who played what layout when. It's that official info that gets the full ratings calculation treatment. Official ratings come out anywhere from 3-6 weeks after the event finishes, depending on the timing of when the results are submitted and when the next update occurs.

Same here. Although imho a rivalry of equals is the best fan experience (Agassi v. Sampras is my all time favorite), when someone is as dominant as Tiger or MJ or Serena, then the field becomes that 50/50 rival and there's almost as much drama combined with the awe of watching true greatness.

I lose interest when Paul is not in the hunt. Thankfully, that never happens anymore. To me, there is nothing more exciting in sports than someone completely dominating an individual competition. You can keep your dynasty teams, I'd rather watch one person's greatness destroying the field. I hope the others keep pushing him to new heights.

I lose interest when Paul is not in the hunt. Thankfully, that never happens anymore. To me, there is nothing more exciting in sports than someone completely dominating an individual competition. You can keep your dynasty teams, I'd rather watch one person's greatness destroying the field. I hope the others keep pushing him to new heights.

That's funny, I feel the opposite. I find it boring when one guy is crushing the field. I'm appreciating Kolling a lot more this year. I think he has his attitude right, he's playing loose and having fun, and he's fun to watch. There's a lot of talent there this year -- I'd like to see some drama.

It's amazing how dominant he is...Ricky has the next highest rating, 11 points behind McBeth then Nikko is 5 behind that.
Pro's have to shoot 20-30 points above their rating and hope McBeth plays below average to have a chance.

Pardon my ignorance... but no Masters division? I just noticed that last night.

It's a true NT. No age divisions, no ams, just Open and Women. Just the two divisions that count toward the NT standings. We need more of these.

For what it's worth, the Maple Hill Open in all its iterations (MSDGC, Vibram Open, MHO) has never offered a Masters division. They used to offer Grandmasters but got rid of it as the Gold course got longer and harder and ill-fitting for such a division.

Latest posts