• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

It's a true NT. No age divisions, no ams, just Open and Women. Just the two divisions that count toward the NT standings. We need more of these.

For what it's worth, the Maple Hill Open in all its iterations (MSDGC, Vibram Open, MHO) has never offered a Masters division. They used to offer Grandmasters but got rid of it as the Gold course got longer and harder and ill-fitting for such a division.

Cool. I have no objection to that.

Hole #9 has got McBeasts number. he's gone 4, 4 first and second round. Def. tightening up a little at the top.

Hole #9 has got McBeasts number. he's gone 4, 4 first and second round. Def. tightening up a little at the top.

Hole 9 is a very tough par 3. It's takes a more than perfect drive to get to for a deuce chance (so we're not likely to see any, even from these guys), but two fairly good shots and its a simple three. Of all the holes on the course, that one is the most controversial in terms of its par. Very easily could be called a par 4. It's pretty much a textbook 3.5.

Hole 9 is a very tough par 3. It's takes a more than perfect drive to get to for a deuce chance (so we're not likely to see any, even from these guys), but two fairly good shots and its a simple three. Of all the holes on the course, that one is the most controversial in terms of its par. Very easily could be called a par 4. It's pretty much a textbook 3.5.

It looks like Matt Dollar threw that perfect drive today. He's the only one to birdie it so far today and I don't think anyone did yesterday.

I had the pleasure of witnessing Ricky put up an unbelievable 3 (par) on hole 9 last year in the final round. His tee shot went only halfway up the hill after hitting a tree. His second shot barely escaped the pines and landed next to the blue tee pad for the hole. From 390 feet out, he laced a forehand directly into the chains (probably a putter, given the downhill angle). It was unreal.

Hole 9 should totally be a par 4.

It looks like Matt Dollar threw that perfect drive today. He's the only one to birdie it so far today and I don't think anyone did yesterday.

I wouldn't put it past Matt to get a drive close, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a throw-in from the fairway. Most deuces on that hole are of that variety.

Yesterday, the scoring average on 9 was 3.4 for Black level players (1025+) and 3.8 for Gold level players (975-1024).

Correct. arguably one of the hardest hole out there. 6 would be close in difficulty as well. but it still looks like a decently routine par...throw one straight, short downhill approach to the green, make the putt (I know, easier said than done :))

I had the pleasure of witnessing Ricky put up an unbelievable 3 (par) on hole 9 last year in the final round. His tee shot went only halfway up the hill after hitting a tree. His second shot barely escaped the pines and landed next to the blue tee pad for the hole. From 390 feet out, he laced a forehand directly into the chains (probably a putter, given the downhill angle). It was unreal.

Hole 9 should totally be a par 4.

watched that on the live coverage as well. That was a big roar when he threw it in.

Latest posts