• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marshall Street is the best!

MVP can warp under certain packing conditions, especially when packed tightly. We have had to be more careful with the Softer MVP models because of this(Disc Nation)

Unfortunately all DG retailers walk a fine line of what is affordable to ship vs what could damage a disc. It's got some tricks to it on a massive shipping scale

MVP can warp under certain packing conditions, especially when packed tightly. We have had to be more careful with the Softer MVP models because of this(Disc Nation)

Unfortunately all DG retailers walk a fine line of what is affordable to ship vs what could damage a disc. It's got some tricks to it on a massive shipping scale

No you dont understand.... this was deliberately packaged in a blastic bag that was FAR too small to hold both the discs at the same time. (I should have taken a picture.. it was almost like i was being pranked)

Because of the way THEY packaged the 2 discs, they were taco'd to get them both to fit into the plastic bag.

It was the worst package job i have ever seen.. i almost called to complain, but instead i will vote with my wallet and never do business again.

I was able to get them bent mostly back into shape, but when i set them flat there is still a slight warp or gap to them because of being bent like that for days inside the packaging.

Not sure what Marshall Street was thinking on this one, but im never recommending them again.. Sorry.

Yeah I wasn't condoning packing them like that. But just clarifying that most packing issues aren't accounted for by retailers. I know issues arise even when we think it's packed perfectly

every place sucks, every place is awesome. One bad experience shouldn't ruin a place, but it does. I had a disc not show up from a place, after a handful of VERY successful orders. It's being handled now, only 5 weeks after i ordered, but it has soured me to their shop, which stinks. I probably will use them again, but will probably pay for higher level shipping instead of free. I just placed an order with marshall street, and it came very quick, and everything is fine with mine.

Plex, did you contact their customer service to talk to them about it? I have found that in dealing with most online stores, they are quite helpful in sorting out issues to make the customer happy. I know sometimes we post on forums out of anger before contacting anyone, and then it gets fixed with a nice apology and we feel dumb about our forum post (been there, done that, haha) Just a thought. It sounds like Marshall street is pretty respected, so i'd assume they'd take care of this issue. (I've only placed this one order, so can't talk about their service much)

I have had great luck with MST. every time i email to ask about a disc the email is returned with in hours. I feel if you contacted them about this MVP taaco issue they would help out. ITs a big business and with all the shipping they do some things are gonna slip by. I have learned no matter what retailer i order from i order at least 4-5 discs to ensure a box instead of an envelope.

Marshall street description said:
Black is a pretty awesome color for these Archons... Throwing black discs is actually not as bad as you might think, as long as you're not throwing 5 seconds before the sun goes down. Don't be that guy. Cause I know that guy. His name is Pat. We all hate him.

This is my favorite part of mst.

I am lucky enough to live in a town with a disc golf shop:

http://www.pipedreamtoys.com/

I've had fun rifling through the used disc section, picking up beaters for a couple of bucks.

It's fun to actually handle the product and feel the plastic.

i have ordered from all of them at one time or another and have never had a problem, whoever has the weight / color combo i am looking for is who gets my business, today it was DGC, next week it may be MST, the following it may be DN and so on...

i will also add that i have seen many companies come and go over the years but my first online order with DN was 7 or 8 years ago and they have done nothing but grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace since then so they must be doing something right...

This is my favorite part of mst.
Mine too. I worked in an independent course pro shop before I came to DN, and the vibe of MSt is like walking into a pro shop. Jokey but sincere and passionate. I still attribute it to Hoey but that vibe is what I most appreciate about their business.

Marshall Street made good and gave me credit for my boss/wraith. I couldn't put another disc through what my second one went through. My mail carrier doesn't do well with single disc shipments.

I really appreciate you guys letting me add discs to my order after it was complete, so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Thanks! :)

Latest posts