• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Max Distance Flight Patterns...

jartiv

Birdie Member
What type of flight should I be working on for a max distance throw on a flat open hole... and don't say roller lol. Big Anny? Flex shot? Hyzer flip? Long S?

Flex shot. A hyzer flip shot is inconsistent. It will go really far sometimes, not far others, and be sprayed left and right. A long S curve isn't bad, but a Flex/forced anhyzer shot will get you the most consistent distance.

how about a tomahawk with an epic;) i know its an unpopular choice but with an epic you know what youre getting; a dead straight shot. but if you can forehand an epic then youre all set with your s curve

Actually the best flight I've found is a 3-turn flight. By that I mean throwing something slightly understable like a Destroyer high and to the left with a hyzer, let it flip past flat so that it drifts significantly to the right. By the time it is ten feet off the ground, the disc should start to hyzer-out so that it is moving forward. I've been able to get well over 500' with this technique, I even put a drive in the circle on a 630' hole at a tourney a couple weeks ago.

Actually the best flight I've found is a 3-turn flight. By that I mean throwing something slightly understable like a Destroyer high and to the left with a hyzer, let it flip past flat so that it drifts significantly to the right. By the time it is ten feet off the ground, the disc should start to hyzer-out so that it is moving forward. I've been able to get well over 500' with this technique, I even put a drive in the circle on a 630' hole at a tourney a couple weeks ago.

You threw 600' and have been playing less than a year? Got any videos? I've never seen someone throw a Destroyer high and left with hyzer and have it come back right.

You threw 600' and have been playing less than a year? Got any videos? I've never seen someone throw a Destroyer high and left with hyzer and have it come back right.

Agreed. This would be an epic throw. I'm guessing it could be done only if the destroyer was SIGNIFICANTLY worn.

hyzer flip with my star wraith is my longest distance shot...as long as there's not a headwind...then i go with a flex shot using a boss or destroyer...

Agreed. This would be an epic throw. I'm guessing it could be done only if the destroyer was SIGNIFICANTLY worn.

Negative. If you have the arm speed a new Destroyer is quite flippy. I carry one that is worn for rollers, and a new one for these long turnover shots. Most people think I'm full of $hit until they see it, but I'm telling no lie.

I'd have to say I'd go for a simliar shot that dstearns mentioned but I would throw it rhfh with my star xcaliber. You can get some really huge d out of those kinds of shots, especially if there's a little right to left wind to help you out.

I'll get one posted. My coach has a couple videos of my driving. He thought I was full of it, when he took me on as a student. It was fun making a believer out of him. I can say that it helps having long skinny arms.

My destroyer gets flippy too! I thought I was the only one

Negative. If you have the arm speed a new Destroyer is quite flippy. I carry one that is worn for rollers, and a new one for these long turnover shots. Most people think I'm full of $hit until they see it, but I'm telling no lie.

What plastic are you throwing? Champ, Star, CFR?

i have noticed a little of that in my star destroyers...they still fade hard at the end, but the harder i throw them the more they turn over, sometimes not coming back...

i have noticed a little of that in my star destroyers...they still fade hard at the end, but the harder i throw them the more they turn over, sometimes not coming back...

I use my star destroyer now for an S curve now. It flips and fades back and is predicatable. I'm really enjoying the stage its in right now. It wont turn if I put a lot of hyzer on it. flat release and its moving over.

Latest posts