• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
AHHH YES 4x even better thanks! still not used to the fame really.

anode=nova
If you prefer shallow, Proxy.

Axis/Alias = atlas

which both were responses to MVPs growing market share, no doubt. I never even had heard of overmolds before MVP disc sports. Innova was all I used to bag, lol.

Fanboy rage is hilarious.

But doesn't he get rid of the mako3 when he has properly worn roc3s?

Yeah, but I'm sure he'd hang onto it if they put his name on it. Shoot he still carries a krait around all the time that he never uses

I understand the price, since most tour series discs are a few bucks more. I just kinda find it odd that they are going with a tour series Nova instead of a 4x production run of it. Hopefully this means his actual 4x production run disc will be something other than the Nova. Maybe something new?

I understand the price, since most tour series discs are a few bucks more. I just kinda find it odd that they are going with a tour series Nova instead of a 4x production run of it. Hopefully this means his actual 4x production run disc will be something other than the Nova. Maybe something new?
Production Star Destroyer with a 4x stamp.

Paul wants it. He said so on the Smashboxx podcast.

Sorry Avery.

lolololololol.

I ****ing love it!

Overmolds are actually legit in 2015. This might help MVP more than innova. Making legitimacy of another brand which specializes in something you are trying to do just seems silly even if your 3x pro throws it you would think you want to try and keep with your own style.

Oh, NVM they will do a limited run of McPros for you guys too to bank on don't worry they want your $.

This might be some of the stupidest **** ever posted on this board.

'Delusional' doesn't even begin to cover it.

Last time I checked MVP was still charging $ for their discs as well.

Just like every other company.

No MVP distrubutes products .... not sell direct to consumers at a premium price and compete with their retail partners.

This might be some of the stupidest **** ever posted on this board.

'Delusional' doesn't even begin to cover it.

Um... Did you forget when Innova made the atlas? Its real. Why didnt innova have an overmold disc b4 MVP blew up? Lol you are delusional.

Th Black on Black looks sweet. I snagged one for my stash and a couple for club prizes then the rest of my order rquired to get free shipping was clear Champ Roc3's so I can send the 2 that I have to Bennett for Okthrowberfest. I think the Nova is a pretty fun disc, it just threw to similar to my beat Aviars to justify switching. The other color combos were not that great though, red plate w blue rim didn't look bad i guess. Yellow/Pink...:gross:

@Aim, I have the Nova I originally bought to test and lend out for other people to test if you actually want to try one out. I'd be happy to send it your way.

I bet total sales of the Nova and the Atlas rival total sales of all MVP discs...

Yeah, overmolds have been around for a while, Rip and Quest messed with them for years.

MVP did a good looking and feeling one that actually threw well and then, they made several more.

No total flops for MVP yet.
Dave probably said, oh crap there goes some market share, let's try to get that back.

No harm in trying.

I am a believer in the Nova. I think it's a fantastic straight-line disc. One of the only discs in my bag that can hold the line throughout the entire flight (and without being seasoned into that flight, eg. my Rocs). The fact that it's a staple in McBeth's bag, I hope, leads people to try it.

Where in the podcast did McBeth say he wanted a 4x Destroyer?

Also, I work at a Pro Shop. The Nova and Atlas retail for higher, due to the fact the they have a higher wholesale price than other Pro discs. I'm assuming because of the overmold process. Either way, they cost nearly a dollar more.

Innova should remove a mold from their lineup every time they create a new one. Shoot maybe they do already. There's so many I'd never be able to tell.

Where in the podcast did McBeth say he wanted a 4x Destroyer?
Don't have a timestamp but its in the one after Worlds where him and Terry are in the same room doing the podcast.

Terry asked him if he could have any Innova disc as a signature model.... and Paul said the Star Destroyer is the obvious choice.

Avery having it makes things a little tricky but honestly it seems he is more involved with the Discmania side of things these days. I think Innova will find some way to get Paul's name on Star Destroyers. Tour series, special run, whatever.

Um... Did you forget when Innova made the atlas? Its real. Why didnt innova have an overmold disc b4 MVP blew up? Lol you are delusional.
I know exactly when they made the Atlas. I'm also pretty sure Innova was playing around with overmolds when the owners of MVP were in diapers.

Honestly... I think everybody is STILL waiting for MVP to 'blow up.' They are a niche company in a niche industry. Not a single top pro throws their discs. They make cute discs that idiots fanboy over and that is about it.

No MVP distrubutes products .... not sell direct to consumers at a premium price and compete with their retail partners.

So MVP doesn't sell discs?

And the Innova Pro Shop reaches a different audience than the majority of their retail target.

Also did you read what was posted in that other thread? About Dave D having an overmold type disc 30+ years ago? You were pretty quiet about that. It is possible that the Innova overmolds are for an entirely different reason than GYRO. Perhaps Dave D. is going for grip or safety reasons. Remember MVP wasn't the first to do overmolds themselves. And if we're calling people copycats, well then EVERY company after Innova (including MVP) has copied the beveled edge disc.

Way to innovate guys.

I think everybody is STILL waiting for MVP to 'blow up.' They are a niche company in a niche industry. Not a single top pro throws their discs. They make cute discs that idiots fanboy over and that is about it.

I disagree. They're are still a lot of players just now getting into the game and to them Innova and MVP are both equal in their eyes.

MVP/Axiom make great products and seasoned players (like myself) have taken notice. They may not reach the huge market share that Innova enjoys but I think they will grow steadily by making consistently good discs (like Discraft).

I do think they could benefit from having top pros (male and female) represent their brand.

So MVP doesn't sell discs?

And the Innova Pro Shop reaches a different audience than the majority of their retail target.

Also did you read what was posted in that other thread? About Dave D having an overmold type disc 30+ years ago? You were pretty quiet about that. It is possible that the Innova overmolds are for an entirely different reason than GYRO. Perhaps Dave D. is going for grip or safety reasons. Remember MVP wasn't the first to do overmolds themselves. And if we're calling people copycats, well then EVERY company after Innova (including MVP) has copied the beveled edge disc.

Way to innovate guys.

...and Dave copied the Frisbee which copied kids playing with lard can lids.....
Original ideas are far and few between. How about Innova fanbois and MVP's fanbois quit trolling each other. We are playing in a blessed time of many choices. I bag both companies, among others; each offering reasons to purchase.