• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
I have yet to ever see a nova out in the wild. Could careless I just find it funny someone has "signature" discs which he doesn't even really use compared to some other molds. Krait?! ........ Nova just seems like another stretch its not like he would do bad without a nova lol.

McBeth said in a WITB video that he carries the Krait for shots in particular weather conditions, so no it's not his most used disc.... But he DOES use it.

As to the Nova, I've seen him throw it numerous times at tournaments (no, didn't caddy for him, just watched on video) this year. I think he threw the Nova at the Japan Open ( meaning he had to have a <160g disc), and he threw one into the water at the Maple Open event. He used the Nova a number of times at the Worlds and the event right before it. So McBeth does use (and promotes) the Nova.

Nope just callz it like i seez it.

Lots of beat roc3 shots and had nothing to with a low ceiling. You guys are too easy lol.

That's like complaining that someone decided to disc up to a midrange instead of throwing a putter. Its perfectly fine to choose the faster disc. I would understand your point if he started hyzer flipping his McPro Aviars off the tee instead of using the Nova.

Lots of beat roc3 shots and had nothing to with a low ceiling. You guys are too easy lol.

Yes, in the HOFC McBeth threw the beat in McPro Roc3 a number of times. He also said in the commentary things to the effect that the disc was the best match for the shot in question.

Most times I've seen McBeth throw the Nova is off the tee. Not saying he doesn't make fairway shots... But on the vids I've watched, he slings it off the tee for really straight shots.

Everyone's just jealous they can't throw the Nova 300'+ dead straight in a left to right wind. McBeth must have painted the rim of his Roc3's for the tourney footage, just to trick people into thinking the Nova is a good disc that they should buy even though he never trusts it for crucial shots. :rolleyes:

Im not jealous. I throw putters fine. Throwing a nova around recently. Its a nice glidey disc need to get out on the course.

Oh come on now, what happened to the troll routine? You were doing great there for a while, don't get all reasonable on us now. :p

I like this comment, lol! He's trying to back peddle now, cuz he KNOWS the nova is legit now.

haters be hatin'.

Nova > MVP entire line up. LOL.

Ok I'll troll it up a little, why not. If Mcbeth threw a Bag full of MVP for a round Innova would be in trouble. How's that for trollin, did I win, oh wait I didn't care in the first place, ha!

I like this comment, lol! He's trying to back peddle now, cuz he KNOWS the nova is legit now.

haters be hatin'.

Nova > MVP entire line up. LOL.

:| or throwers be throwing. Just wait for the nova vs MVPs video. Nova is fine but there are 10 other discs off the top of my head I would throw b4 it and innova makes a few of them. If I was restricted to only throwing innova well, a nova would be very low on my putter list choice and honestly would bag a polecat over one at this point or even a dart. Maybe colt given its the new cool thing.

Ok I'll troll it up a little, why not. If Mcbeth threw a Bag full of MVP for a round Innova would be in trouble. How's that for trollin, did I win, oh wait I didn't care in the first place, ha!

:D:)

Last edited:

image.jpg

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

The nova is very difficult to drive with, mainly because of the grip. The flight in my opinion, is worth the struggle of learning the grip. MVP discs are too naturally overstable. I did like the anode's flight, but that plastic sucks. That plastic is made to be hung on a wall, not for disc golf.

From my experience, Innova's overmolds are just better than MVP's, which is truly sad, or very impressive depending who you are.