• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD4

my take on the md4 was that discmania borrowed the verdict mold so to speak. great thing for discmania folks.

I lucked out and bought the early run of champ. and my lineup looks nice cause I got bio verdicts, champ md4 and, deco dye verdicts which are in order of stability.

as a non sponsored player it is nice to be able to choose, and dial in by choosing make, mold plastic kind of thing.

Has anyone seasoned one of these in yet? I don't bag mine unless its too windy for the MD3 but am wondering if I'm missing out.

Has anyone seasoned one of these in yet? I don't bag mine unless its too windy for the MD3 but am wondering if I'm missing out.
I have about 6 months on mine, with lots of tree hits. It's pretty straight with reliable fade at the end. To me it flies like a fresh glow md3. My md4 will turn a bit if forced, but usually comes back a little. It goes far. Forehand, my form isn't clean enough to prevent these from turning on a decent powered drive, but they do well for touchy forehand upshots, but they tend to glide too far for me on those, because I suck. I have a sample size of one.

These have a lot of promise. Pretty slick plastic though, but if my previous experience with stiff P-line holds true, they will get grippier with use. If these beat in like I think they will, these have the potential to reach fairwayish distance with great control.

Has anyone thrown one of these Pros yet?

Edit: Excuse me, I meant to say P-Line

Metal flake md4 released tomorrow

I ordered one low and one high 170s. Hoping this gives me the extra stability I need without having to bag a Gator or pay a premium for a Crescent Falcon.

For those who've thrown the MF MD3, how was that in comparison to the C-MD3?

I ordered one low and one high 170s. Hoping this gives me the extra stability I need without having to bag a Gator or pay a premium for a Crescent Falcon.

I don't think all that different. I do know someone throwing the MF md4 and it is more stable than Standard c line. I threw crescent falcons and noticed no stability difference, when compared to standard c line. Not worth the additional money to me

Glow MD4 was same as C-Line MD4 for me.

MF MD3 has less turn and less glide than my most beefy Glow MD3. I have a normal c-line MD3 that is as stable but has more glide than the MF MD3.

So I would expect the MF MD4 to be the same exact stability with a touch less glide.

Glow MD4 was same as C-Line MD4 for me.

MF MD3 has less turn and less glide than my most beefy Glow MD3. I have a normal c-line MD3 that is as stable but has more glide than the MF MD3.

So I would expect the MF MD4 to be the same exact stability with a touch less glide.

Awesome. That should be perfect for my 200 foot-ish forehand approaches that I wouldn't trust a putter to fade hard enough on. My current C-Line glides a lot, which I like, but that shot has been a bit of a gap in my game. Yes, I could buy a Zone or a Harp, but I'm trying to limit the number of brands I have in my bag.

I bag a harp also. Feels better for me for forehand but they don't cover the same lines for me. Maybe a gator or 1 of 50 variations, but I find the md4 covers most of that, or I'll throw an fd3.

Awesome. That should be perfect for my 200 foot-ish forehand approaches that I wouldn't trust a putter to fade hard enough on. My current C-Line glides a lot, which I like, but that shot has been a bit of a gap in my game. Yes, I could buy a Zone or a Harp, but I'm trying to limit the number of brands I have in my bag.

I throw the Frontline-X Mortar for those types of shots. The MD4 relies on hyzer to get that same finish. The mortar just dumps. Allows a bit more shapes to get around objects and through gaps and still get the finish.

200-230 is the roughest range for me though. All the mids are a tad long and you have to baby them. Meanwhile the putters, like the Pig, straighten out too much sometimes when you lean into them at the upper reaches.

I'm more likely to throw a BH approach with a p2 at 150-230. FH Pig under 150 and FH Mortar over 230.

The zone could probably fill that slot for me but for whatever reason I have never kept one in the bag. They come in every few years and then exit. I think it's more of a lack of the need to throw forehands under 250 for me. I just love that BH putter approach game.

I throw the Frontline-X Mortar for those types of shots. The MD4 relies on hyzer to get that same finish. The mortar just dumps. Allows a bit more shapes to get around objects and through gaps and still get the finish.

200-230 is the roughest range for me though. All the mids are a tad long and you have to baby them. Meanwhile the putters, like the Pig, straighten out too much sometimes when you lean into them at the upper reaches.

I'm more likely to throw a BH approach with a p2 at 150-230. FH Pig under 150 and FH Mortar over 230.

The zone could probably fill that slot for me but for whatever reason I have never kept one in the bag. They come in every few years and then exit. I think it's more of a lack of the need to throw forehands under 250 for me. I just love that BH putter approach game.

Good stuff, man. Forehand came naturally to me when I started, so developing that aspect of my backhand game has been slow. I was just telling my girlfriend that my next goal is to figure out my backhand turnovers and flex shots. Of course I can turn over my P2, but getting it to land as close as my forehand shot would is out of the question.

Curious, what plastic do you use for that shot? I generally warm up with a D-P2 but I've got a 168g S-P2 that is pretty workable too.

Latest posts