• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD4

Good stuff, man. Forehand came naturally to me when I started, so developing that aspect of my backhand game has been slow. I was just telling my girlfriend that my next goal is to figure out my backhand turnovers and flex shots. Of course I can turn over my P2, but getting it to land as close as my forehand shot would is out of the question.

Curious, what plastic do you use for that shot? I generally warm up with a D-P2 but I've got a 168g S-P2 that is pretty workable too.

D-Line P2 was been my go to for the last 2 years. I've actually beat one up so much that it's almost straight again but not consistent now. Mas Tacos.

I'm going to see what a worked in P-Line can do for me this year. I've been putting P-Line all year and I happened to get this sweet purply one with a mini huk on it. It just has that go to approach vibe.

I had an ugly gray Swirly S-Line that was almost dead straight and lost it last year. I haven't worked another one in yet because the Sky God stole the spot in the bag and those things are stable and durable as all get out. If the P-Line doesn't work out I will probably start throwing another swirly S-Line just to work it in. If I get impatient I'll go back to the D-Line well.

I have a ton of P2s. Probably about 40 of them lol. I think I will do a joke video where I fill the octothorpe with them and play a whole round using different ones on each hole.

I ordered one low and one high 170s. Hoping this gives me the extra stability I need without having to bag a Gator or pay a premium for a Crescent Falcon.

For those who've thrown the MF MD3, how was that in comparison to the C-MD3?

MF md3 was less OS than most c-line md3s

So I got 3 180g Pre-release Stiff P-Line MD4's from volunteering at the Pro Worlds this year and I am a bit surprised at how they fly. The numbers are supposedly 5 4 0 3, but after throwing them for a bit, they feel like 5 4 -1 1 to me. I was expecting a more over stable flight from them but they are some of the straightest finishing discs I have. I haven't beat them up at all either. Anyone else seeing this out of this disc?

So I got 3 180g Pre-release Stiff P-Line MD4's from volunteering at the Pro Worlds this year and I am a bit surprised at how they fly. The numbers are supposedly 5 4 0 3, but after throwing them for a bit, they feel like 5 4 -1 1 to me. I was expecting a more over stable flight from them but they are some of the straightest finishing discs I have. I haven't beat them up at all either. Anyone else seeing this out of this disc?

Seeing the exact same. I am going to cycle with this because, for me, They feel better in the hand, go farther lower and faster, and fly better in the wind, when compared to md2 or md3. Grab a c line for the true flight, and the compliment each other well.

Seeing the exact same. I am going to cycle with this because, for me, They feel better in the hand, go farther lower and faster, and fly better in the wind, when compared to md2 or md3. Grab a c line for the true flight, and the compliment each other well.

I saw they just came out with metal flake MD4's today, I think I'm going to snag one to try out. And I agree with you, they feel great in the hand can hold similar flights with or without wind

The MD4 has become my go to mid. I have 4 in my bag right now. I bag a MF, a seasoned Glow C-Line (Simon 2017) and two P-Lines. I can't wait to beat up my P-Lines so I can cycle MD4s. I cycled Rocs for years. The P-Lines are definitely straight flyers out the box. When one of my P-Lines get understable the MD4 will be the only midrange mold I carry. My MF seems more beefy than my Glow was when it was new. The thing that really sold me on the MD4, is how great they are for sidearm. They don't have a huge bead (I hate flicking beaded discs) and most MD4s seem to come out flat/ish. Over the last couple years mids have been the part of my bag that's gone through the most changes. It's been frustrating at times. I feel confident saying I've finally settled on a mid lineup that won't be changing anytime soon. The only possible addition would be an MD5. I'm definitely picking up one or two at a dubs tournament this weekend.

Can someone compare the p-line/mf md4 with a buzzz, buzzz os and harp.

Most of my bag bag is Discmania. I'm sure the md series of discs is great. I've just always thrown buzzzs, unfortunately I recently lost my first run buzzz os that was just starting to beat in (after about 5 years). I'm thinking about giving the md4 a shot.

Can someone compare the p-line/mf md4 with a buzzz, buzzz os and harp.

Most of my bag bag is Discmania. I'm sure the md series of discs is great. I've just always thrown buzzzs, unfortunately I recently lost my first run buzzz os that was just starting to beat in (after about 5 years). I'm thinking about giving the md4 a shot.

I throw buzzzes for my primary mids and use the MF MD4 for overstable shots. The MF has lots of glide but is more OS/wind resistant than my buzzzes. MUCH more glide than my buzzz os. It's a great complement to my buzzz/comet line up.

I throw buzzzes for my primary mids and use the MF MD4 for overstable shots. The MF has lots of glide but is more OS/wind resistant than my buzzzes. MUCH more glide than my buzzz os. It's a great complement to my buzzz/comet line up.

So it goes farther than you buzzz os. How does the fade compare to the buzzz os

I feel like the MF MD4 has a more even long fade . . the Buzzz OS has more "dump" at the end

But MD4 has more distance, and feels very much like a Buzzz in the hand ( sort of )

Last edited:
I'm going to my local shop to grab one today.

Is the metal flake super stiff plastic?

I live in Minnesota and I can't throw stuff Cline because it hurts my hand. For some reason my stiff p line pds are fine on my hand but mf and regular c line hurts.

MF is C-line with metal flakes in it. . so feels like C-line.

But the MD4 mould is very smooth and comfy in the hand, so try it

I live in Minnesota and I can't throw stuff Cline because it hurts my hand. For some reason my stiff p line pds are fine on my hand but mf and regular c line hurts.

Mine are fairly soft, definitely not stiff.

Mine are more flexible than regular C-line.

If you intend to buy the P-line version beware that it is flying completely different to how the C-line/metal flake version is described above. The P-line is more of a straight to even slow turn finish disc. That said, if you want to be a mold minimalist it is a great complement to the other md4s.

If you intend to buy the P-line version beware that it is flying completely different to how the C-line/metal flake version is described above. The P-line is more of a straight to even slow turn finish disc. That said, if you want to be a mold minimalist it is a great complement to the other md4s.

I grabbed a p line just because I don't like to throw c line in the winter. In Minnesota it gets so hard and hurts my hand to throw

Getting in some c line md4s. Two stock and one European Open stamp. What can I look forward to? Roc cycle with champ roc3 as my most stable are my go tos.

Stronger fade than a roc3. If you can rip it hard, it'll glide straight for a long time and fade harder. If you don't throw it hard, it hooks up even quicker. I tend to use mine as a mini gator, if the shot calls for it. I give it height, 80 percent power, and you can def. get it to hook around a turn. Low and hard, pretty straight. It's versitile , just practice with it

i switched over from KC pro/rancho rocs to P-Line MD4. (kept my KC pro rocs just in case though).

So I bag P-line MD4, and C-Line MD4.

they are great discs but totally different.

P-Line is flippy and very dx roc3/flat top roc like. they have a bit less glide than kc pro rocs but are faster and more wind resistant. same type of shots are thrown with the p md4 and kc pro rocs (250-300ft tunnel shots, gentle hyzer and anny, etc).

the main difference between KC pro roc and p MD4 is that the md4 is more buzzz like where the line you put on it holds. so if you start it with anny it'll anny all the way where a KC pro roc will have a more fight/hook up in the end.

what I personally think is a big advantage is i can sidearm p-line MD4 for upshots up to 200ft confidently removing the need for a baseline harp/ryno type disc. side arming kc pro rocs/rancho rocs was cumbersome because of the dome.

the c-line md4 is a LOT more overstable totally different disc. great for wind and straight to fade or sweeping hyzers. i saw how james conrad uses it on huge flex lines (man that guy has power) for up to 375ft shots even in the wind during the memorial and in nashville. its almost like a slower overstable champ teebird. I just use my c line md4 for hyzer upshots (backhand and sidearm) in the 250ft range. i'll use my c md4 on hyzer lines where i don't want as much fade as a champ gator. its a great disc that i use more for utility.

if you want a truly flat roc3 like disc in champ plastic (like some of the early releases of roc 3) then c md4 is a great option.

one thing though my c md4 took some tree hits and got a LOT straighter recently. which is good because i can start a cycle, but i was surprised at how fast it lost its stability. its still a lot more OS than the P-line but I need to put in a new C-line now.

Last edited: