• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Meteor or Stratus?

cunninsa

Par Member
I need an understable midrange to handle slow right turning shots. Which one of these suits this need better? Or are there other discs worth looking into? Thanks!

Of the two I would way the Meteor, but It didn't feel right to me. I really broke in my Elite X Comet, and that worked for me.

Of the two, meteor. I throw a very beat omega for for my slow turning shots up to right shy of 300 so I don't even carry a mid for that purpose.

I used to throw the meteor, but it feels a lot like a driver more so than a mid-range disc. I use a buzzz ss for these shots now and absolutely love it. You'll likely need to break it in a little bit, but it'll become a right turning machine for you quickly.

Based on the discs in your sig ill recomend the meteor.
The meteor likes to be thrown hard like a buzzz. Personally, i dont really like u.derstable discs, especially if it likes speed, so i throw comets (a true stable mold) and would pick the stratus out of the two.

I carry a stratus and I love it for slow righthand turn shots. It is crazy understable so throwing it flat and smooth will always give a nice anny flow. There's a local course i play that has several tightly wooded and short righthand dog-leg holes and the stratus is a must for me there. It also doubles as a great get-out-of-trouble disc for me as well, for all those odd rollers and overhand shots.

Stratus (Elite X) will never fade back for me.(RHBH) I tried throwing an ESP Meteor for this shot for a while but the Meteor will usually fade back to the left a little at the end. I am now trying out an Elite Z Glide for this shot now. It's working out better than the Meteor so far but they are very similiar. Xpress is next on the tryout list I guess.

I tried throwing an ESP Meteor for this shot for a while but the Meteor will usually fade back to the left a little at the end. I am now trying out an Elite Z Glide for this shot now. It's working out better than the Meteor so far but they are very similiar.

As a thrower of both until I lost my Glide, this is 100% spot on.

Meteor will turn and you'll think you'll have a perfect shot until at the last second when it slows down it fades hard. Meteors like speed, once they slow they fade.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Meteor... but you have to understand and anticipate what it's going to do. A broken in Buzzz SS is a lot like a new Meteor btw.

the stratus is a too long for a mid, for me. never thrown a meteor. i would suggest the comet...

I throw a stratus and love it. It is super understable but with the eight touch it can be a very versatile disc. I use it for annys, tunnel shots in the woods, and turnover shots I need to hang left (lefty :p). It doesn't handle wind very well at all but I think it is a great specialty mid to compliment my buzzz.

I'd pick a Stingray or a Fuse over either of those two, but of those two, the Stratus is probably better. Meteor is kind of long unless you can give it height with anny. Stratus is easy to burn but with practice it's very versatile. One of my favorite Stratuses is very flat mid-170s....great hyzer flipper with controllable turn, or for shorter turns back off on the power and angles. I use these kinds of discs a lot as a lefty and really the Stingray (dx or not-the-new-mold star) works the best for me. A slightly worn XD or Spike on a hyzer flip is great, too. Heard good things aobut the Flying Squirrel but I've never thrown one.

The meteor has never left my bag after trying a stingray, stratus, comet, hawk, core and a buzzz. like someone mentioned before the meteor likes speed and can fade at the end. Something with a little more distance that would not fade would be a Gazelle. Bottom line Metoer.

Latest posts