• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

{UPDATE}

-----PENDING COURSES-------
--Mt. McSauba-- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
--Wolcott Mill Metropark-- Ray {18-27 Holes}
--Pioneer Trails-- Gladstone {18-24 Holes}
--Belle Isle DGC-- Detroit {18 Holes}
--Deerfield Park [2nd course]-- Mt. Pleasant {18 Holes}
--Grand Isle-- Belmont {18 Holes}
--James Nelson Park-- Sterling Heights {18 Holes}
--Powder Mill DGC-- Marquette {18 Holes}
--Rotary Park-- Livonia {18 Holes}
--Baker's Field Park-- Port Huron {9-18 Holes}
--BC State Rec Area-- Bay City {9-18 Holes}
--Clear Lake State Park-- Atlanta {9-18 Holes}
--Columbus Park-- Columbus {9-18 Holes}
--Independence Green DGC-- Farmington Hills {9-18 Holes}
--Ramona Park-- Portage {9-18 Holes}
--Rosevear Park-- Owosso {9-18 Holes}
--Flaherty Park-- Watervliet {9 Holes}

Does anyone have more information on the development of this course?

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully the proposed layout has been changed, otherwise it's going to be a pitch and putt course. If I remember the golf course from years back, it looks like they fit all 18 disc golf holes on 3 ball golf holes. Seems a little cramped, especially with the amount of land available. Also, its on the back of the property near the river, which as we all know floods every spring. I might call the township offices on Monday and inquire about the current park status.

there's really no information here^^
just sayin'

It shows the proposed layout and tells who's in charge/who to contact if you want more info yourself. It's more info on disc golf in that park then anyone else has found and shared on this website, or anywhere else online for that matter. Just sayin'

I really hope they open a course in Charlevoix, I go up to beaver island every year with some friends of mine who disc too and that'd be a perfect way to end a long car ride up there.

MI seems to have a lot of courses and a whole bunch more popping up. Jealous of you guys.

I really hope they open a course in Charlevoix, I go up to beaver island every year with some friends of mine who disc too and that'd be a perfect way to end a long car ride up there.

MI seems to have a lot of courses and a whole bunch more popping up. Jealous of you guys.

The course at Mt. McSauba in Charlevoix is projected to be in next spring. Atleast that's what they told me when I called them a couple months ago. But who knows. That course has been talked about for a while now. Was supposed to be up a long time ago.

The course at Mt. McSauba in Charlevoix is projected to be in next spring. Atleast that's what they told me when I called them a couple months ago. But who knows. That course has been talked about for a while now. Was supposed to be up a long time ago.

Nice, We will be up there memorial day weekend. Lets hope its up by then!

Clear Lake State Park in Atlanta, MI has 9 holes of a disc golf course. I'm just waiting for confirmation that teepads and baskets are in. I went out a few weeks back and checked it out and was slightly disappointed that there were no holes throwing over any parts of the lake. However, a few holes play near enough to the lake that an errant throw or nasty treejection will cause you to go swimming. I was told that teepads and baskets would be in before the snow flew..... sooooo I'm hoping to get a reply from the DNR Rep soon.

Update on the new 18 hole course at Deerfield County Park in Mount Pleasant, from the Mount Pleasant Disc Golf Club's facebook page:

Here's a birds-eye look at the new course, tentatively called "Wildwood". Still a few paths to map but it's getting there. Thanks for your donations to date!!

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208296612726450395794.0004cc3f8a4d2a7061361&msa=0

it supposedly has lots of elevation changes, a couple actual par 4s and hole 18 throws over a pond. Hope to be playing it by mid to late spring.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the MSU course in East Lansing, MI http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1583 has been put back into the ground with 15 baskets and rubber pads as of yesterday. Not sure how to change the info on an "extinct" course. Got this info from Nate Ross who goes to MSU and worked with the disc golf club there.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the MSU course in East Lansing, MI http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1583 has been put back into the ground with 15 baskets and rubber pads as of yesterday. Not sure how to change the info on an "extinct" course. Got this info from Nate Ross who goes to MSU and worked with the disc golf club there.

pm timg. he should be able to "unextinct" it unless it's a new layout.

Kimball Pines in battle creek is being put back in after a storm pretty much took the whole course out a couple years ago.

It will have 18 Holes playable by May 2013 and it will be LONGER trying to add 500'-1000' to the 18 holes we have, the Goal is to have 27 holes Playable by September 2013.

Can't wait for it to be back! Although a name change is in order. Kimball Pine is closer to truth after the storm. It will still be a fantastic course, the land there is great.

Update on Watervliet Course: Teepads have been poured, Baskets are in, Bridge is not. This means the course is playable but not as designed. Holes 1-6 are on the east side of Mill Creek and are best accessed by parking across from the department of public works garage. The other 3 holes are in Flaherty Park proper and can be accessed by parking in the park off Butternut Street or by parking in the parking lot off main street right next to Beaches n Cream ice cream shop(soon to carry discs.)

Be advised, there are no signs yet, not much for direction, and a good deal of clean up still needs to take place. Pics to come as is a bridge connecting the park holes with the wooded holes and some good signage. Anyone who would like a tour feel free to send me a pm.

Update on Watervliet Course: Teepads have been poured, Baskets are in, Bridge is not. This means the course is playable but not as designed. Holes 1-6 are on the east side of Mill Creek and are best accessed by parking across from the department of public works garage. The other 3 holes are in Flaherty Park proper and can be accessed by parking in the park off Butternut Street or by parking in the parking lot off main street right next to Beaches n Cream ice cream shop(soon to carry discs.)

Be advised, there are no signs yet, not much for direction, and a good deal of clean up still needs to take place. Pics to come as is a bridge connecting the park holes with the wooded holes and some good signage. Anyone who would like a tour feel free to send me a pm.

1. Discraft baskets are HEAVY.
2. Got to play this course this weekend. Andrew has done a fantastic job on that property getting a challenging and interesting course in a small area. Can't wait to see it complete.