• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Any idea if the new layout is the same layout they used for states last year (2021)?

I have not been out there. The first post on this page is from Sept and references States. The link in the post below is from Oct and discusses the course. I can only deduce that they would not have had time to redesign the course in that time frame. That is not to say there was no tweaking being done. I have no idea whose page this is, but read the first post.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=167666309953282

Any updates on Leviathan?

Leviathan is open and has tee pads in for all shorts and longs, but they are still a work in progress. They were moved and haven't been properly back-filled in around them so they stick up. Many are too short and will be lengthened this spring/summer. Signage is OK with hole #s but please use Udisc to lead to the next hole. Many orange arrows and around, look for them.

The grade school is paying for new baskets, and new signs will be made along with hopefully improved tee pads. Plus more labor will be put in to improve all the holes. 11 is entirely new since States and is a cool hole.

Leviathan longs will be complete and rocking by states. It will be brutal. I played it a few times already and went to the opening best shot double event - it was very hard. Some holes will be made more challenging. Especially 14 that has a great very elevated tee shot will be made into a hard par 4 by lengthening the hole and putting the basket into the forest behind the basket now.

So States for MA1 will have a very challenging set of courses.

Beauty was destroyed by wind storms - it has been logged and now the final clean up is being bid out so that will cleaned up before spring and then some holes may need to be changed. A few holes had 2-3 trees that made the hole - they were entirely blown over with the roots torn out of the ground. We're talking 100+ ft tall trees. At least 1 and maybe 2-3 tee pads were destroyed and will need to be replace, so those holes may change.

2021 did not have Beauty and also did not have Leviathan longs, both will be ready and brand new with signs, baskets, and hopefully improved tee pads.

Last edited:
The link for lazy Michiganders. Always cool to see Toboggan in play.

First time I've seen this! Poor Q (Paul's partner on hole 3). I see him do that with his forehand a lot (his drive), his elbow flies out and all the timing just goes out the window - but he's on his way. That kid is gonna be highly rated very soon. It'll be neat to look back on this as the first time he was on some sort of national level disc golf coverage.

I have to admit it's pretty easy to keep score on my watch with UDisc. DGCR for everything else though

Just listed Boardman Park in Taylor. UDisc is good for something after all!

Not a bad 9 hole. Dual concrete pads, 1 hole tees off a sledding hill, the rest are pretty flat.

Thanks for listing this, Vogues!

Ru4's already played it, but this Sun, we're gonna hit this, along with 3 other downriver niners that neither of us has played,to make a day of it. Think one of those isn't listed here yet, but I'll take care of that after I play it.

Should be able to notch #400 this year. :)

Holes 4-6 and 9 look like they will collect all the water in the park.

I nearly pured the gap on 5 (from the short) with a 140 class Roadrunner

Latest posts