• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Baskets just went in at a new course in the South Haven area. There will be a grand opening glow round this Saturday (7/6), sign in by 9:30pm. I don't know if the course is 9 or 18 holes, but it is located at 68099 CR 388 South Haven.

Anyone have any updated info on the course that might be going in at the Brandon Twp Park in Ortonville? I've heard that there were proposals in the past few months, but haven't heard much since.

Baskets just went in at a new course in the South Haven area. There will be a grand opening glow round this Saturday (7/6), sign in by 9:30pm. I don't know if the course is 9 or 18 holes, but it is located at 68099 CR 388 South Haven.

Doesn't look like its listed yet. Is it open to the public?

Anyone have any updated info on the course that might be going in at the Brandon Twp Park in Ortonville? I've heard that there were proposals in the past few months, but haven't heard much since.

that park has no business for a course. last time I heard they were gonna vote on if they wanted to cram in a 6 hole course.

Are you sure about that address? 68099 CR 388/Pheonix looks like it is a private residence. Not trying to be a dork about it but just want to make sure before I drive 30 miles out there. ;)

Are you sure about that address? 68099 CR 388/Pheonix looks like it is a private residence. Not trying to be a dork about it but just want to make sure before I drive 30 miles out there. ;)

Not too familiar with anything outside of downtown South Haven, but that is the address the guy in charge gave out. His name is Yoshi Fidelman, and I think his family owns the property...I think. He gave out his cell number also, PM me if you want to contact him direct.

Not too familiar with anything outside of downtown South Haven, but that is the address the guy in charge gave out. His name is Yoshi Fidelman, and I think his family owns the property...I think. He gave out his cell number also, PM me if you want to contact him direct.

Yeah today didn't work out and it's not looking like I will be able to get up there anytime soon but thanks anyways! I will try to get there at some point.

The Gulch in Hamburg, MI playable starting July 28th

Posted by John Reifschneider on DG Scene:
Wanted to invite everyone in the area to the new course opening July 28th 2013 it's been striaght through work from December until now, and its almost done. The new course is the The Gulch if you haven't heard its off merrill road in hamburg about 14 miles from Rolling. We will have free clinics free side games and free foods/drinks. The baskets will be set in place and welded that morning the event starts at 11am so hopefully you join us.

Would like to be there, but I'm playing in the Gale Vaughn Memorial that day.

Last edited:
that park has no business for a course. last time I heard they were gonna vote on if they wanted to cram in a 6 hole course.

I drove by there the other day and was like WTF?? Is there a ton of acreage that I'm not seeing. Nevermind, I don't want one there lol

Jackson Community College has given the approval to restore/redesign their Disc Golf course. A group of us has worked with the school officials on what needs to be done (signs, replace missing baskets, add concrete pads, etc...) to make this a quality course.

This course has a great deal of land and elevation, but never any TLC or motivation to make it better. The college has been adding on buildings and dorms and in the process removed a couple holes and baskets. The front 9 was missing two holes and navigation was awful if you didnt know where to go next. But in the process of adding on new buildings they are also putting in a Prep School building that will have DISC GOLF as one of its school sports!

Now there is the motivation to make this a high quality 18 hole course with the land to do it. The school has committed to replacing any missing baskets at their expense. Our group will be doing the labor, signage and maps at no cost and we are in the process of holding a Fundraiser Tourney (Aug 10th @ 10 am) to generate money for the concrete pads. Anybody reading this in the Jackson area is invited to come out Wednesday nights at 6 pm and be part of the process of redesigning some of the holes and lay out.

Will make updates in this thread as they come, very early stages right now but excited to see the college show the course some love again.

Played this stinker today do not waste your time, however, do read my review and give me some happy thumbs!
oh and I took some pictures too :(

haha oh wow.
thanks for playing and reviewing it. and whomever for adding it to the site.

now that the weather is so hot, its a good time for me to go looking for more hidden courses.

Just a reminder: Grand opening for The Gulch on July 28th, baskets go in that day.

Not sure what to make of two existing reviews with no baskets in yet - just a hint of homerism :rolleyes:, but one does provide detailed hole descripions. Just hard to buy reviews written for an incomplete course based on what were probably some practice throws to see how a hole plays before, during and after course was being installed, rather than a complete and normal round. :\

Yeah. Reviews before baskets shouldnt count. Gives the course no chance of goin anywhere on this website. #SadTruth

I have been steadily working on adding alt longs to Leviathan. The two that I have done are pretty great. Will be at 24 holes on the longs for States. I'll update the course page when I am done.

I start working on the long tees at Labyrinth next week.