• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Hitting courses near the left coast sounds like a good route for a loop. I have not played a ton of UP courses, but Escanaba is supposed to have a couple, Silver Mountain in St Ignace is a nice round as well. The lower top to bottom could be like this. Hickory Hills, Carly's Playground and Mt McSauba, (new, not listed here yet, but an Epic ski hill course), maybe a drive to Avalanche and Boyne. Drive to Ludington to play Flip, Mason County (three courses) and Leviathan, and then to Kalamazoo for a choice of Cold Brook, Robert Morris, maybe Oshtemo. Meyers Broadway on the way out of Michigan. Apparition has a fine list, but many are a drive off the West Coast. Good luck. Michigan has some of the finest courses on the planet and some great, friendly golfers.

Agreed, the $9/day park entry fee for non-Washtenaw County residents it steep, but it'd sting less if you could make a day of it by playing 2 courses (a'la Hudson Mills). Throw in Indy Lake for a triple play and $9/day is a bargain. Bring a couple of friends and you're paying a measly $1 a round, each.

Indy/Rolling are part of the same system, so you might get away with using the same entry. Hudson Mills, however, is not. You could, though, play Hudson, Kensington and Stoney with the same pass.

Not too bad, agree with most but noticed a couple of nice ones missing from the list.

Victory Park in Albion, MI is a great course.
Cold Brook Park in Climax, MI is another one I would put in my Top 25.

I was less than impressed with Cass Benton myself, would not make my list. Run down course with some obnoxious locals, IMO of course. But a solid listing none the less, thanks for putting this together as there are some I have yet to play so this will help! :clap:

I didn't make the list up. I used the Top Ranked courses list for the Top 25 courses in Michigan.

Indy/Rolling are part of the same system, so you might get away with using the same entry. Hudson Mills, however, is not. You could, though, play Hudson, Kensington and Stoney with the same pass.

Was only trying to say another course at Rolling Hills would make the $9 fee easier to swallow if, (like Hudson Mills), the fee(s) allowed you to play 2 courses in the same park with no travel. Plus you could, always hit Indy Lake (not too far away) on the same pass.

Never meant to imply hitting Hudson and Rolling Hills with the same park pass - no can do.

Technically speaking, yeah it's possible to hit Hudson, Kensington and Stoney the same day, but not all that that feasible (if you want to play both courses at The Mills), because Stony's really a schlep from the other two. Can't begin to comprehend playing those 102 holes plus all that driving in the same day.

Better yet, wait 'til next June and hit the Toboggan while you're in Kensington. That way, one can make it a nice round number: 120 holes of championship DG... all for the bargain price of $7* :clap: :thmbup:

* funeral not included.

Last edited:
I saw this weekend that Sutton's Bay is raising money for a new course, anyone have any information?
I hope this is true. The new course in Sutton's Bay already had/has a ton of potential!

The Gulch is amazing, hands down my new favorite course. (Past was black widow)

Had a chance to get out and play this course as well. Has some great features and the love put into the course by it's builders is evident. Not my favorite though. Like some of the reviewers, I find that it would be hard to improve my score here. Many holes forced midrange lay up, mid range upshot to get to the pin. With no honest look at the pin. A good exercise in course management, but I prefer to have laying up a choice, not the courses decision. A superb addition to the local course scene. :hfive:
Hey Obligation, where is black widow, a private course?

Here is another Top 25+more List from highest rating according to DGCR.

Top 25 changes depending how you search. But we all probably have our own top 25 list :).

Yeah, I didn't create the Top Ranked Courses lists and am not sure what criteria timg used to exclude your courses. It's easy to see the problem with doing that type of search to give you actual Top 25-ish results, though, when the pseudo best rated course in Michigan has one review and The Farm sounds like a joke. I did look through The Tailings (4.06) and Powder Mill (4.23) and can see why you're concerned as the course designer of both. EDIT: Or one of the course designers? I don't know, involved somehow anyway.

Yeah, I didn't create the Top Ranked Courses lists and am not sure what criteria timg used to exclude your courses. It's easy to see the problem with doing that type of search to give you actual Top 25-ish results, though, when the pseudo best rated course in Michigan has one review and The Farm sounds like a joke. I did look through The Tailings (4.06) and Powder Mill (4.23) and can see why you're concerned as the course designer of both. EDIT: Or one of the course designers? I don't know, involved somehow anyway.

has to have 20 reviews I think. Also I heard the farm was awesome.

I think it's a dudes back yard, but you have to get hammered before you can play, It may be like the tiki course, but different.

Last edited:

I've always had a blast at Sage Creek.:hfive:
It was inspired by the magic of Flip City.

The owner/designer actually has a meeting with officals today regarding a new course in the area.:clap:

I've always had a blast at Sage Creek.:hfive:
It was inspired by the magic of Flip City.

The owner/designer actually has a meeting with officals today regarding a new course in the area.:clap:

You live 5 mins from there, why would you suppose more people haven't played and reviewed it yet?