• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

City of Ann Arbor has closed the courses at Bandemer and Mary Beth Doyle until Apr 13th.
Form the city's website

Seems the Metroparks are still open.

Looks like Rolling Hills and Indy Lake are still open...
From Wastenaw County's site Washtenaw County's page

It specifically says "for access to the trails." They call out any specific outdoor activities/facilities that say are closed.

I see you updated both courses on Disc Golf Scene as well. Thanks Bogey.

Ann Arbor, MI - Effective March 28, 2020, Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation Commission (WCPARC) will be closing Rolling Hills County Park and Independence Lake County Park through April 13, 2020, as an additional precautionary measure to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. Earlier this week, WCPARC closed playgrounds and disc golf courses however traffic through these locations has been high and observations that groups of individuals not been adhering to the social distancing guidelines have led to this tough decision. Following the lead of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's "Stay Home. Stay Safe." Executive Order, we are continuing to update our policies to help keep our community healthy and safe.

Please do not attempt to play during the closure. It is apparent that disc golfers inability to act responsibly, played a big role in this decision. Continued ignorance could put these courses existence in jeopardy for the future.

Holly Woods: DG Course and picnic shelters are officially closed due to Covid-19.

To help carry out Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order and further protect public health and safety, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources is closing many amenities offered in state parks and recreation areas, effective now through at least April 13.
State parks and recreation areas currently remain open to provide residents with local opportunities to get outdoors; however, extensive travel should be minimal – and reserved only for essential needs – and effective social distancing (of at least 6 feet between yourself and another person) is required so that unsafe conditions do not develop and state-managed lands can remain open.
"We are doing everything possible to protect the health and safety of visitors and staff at state parks and recreation areas," said DNR Director Dan Eichinger. "No matter how people are choosing to get outdoors, it is critical that everyone follows the social distancing guidelines. If they don't, we will be forced to close public access to all state-managed lands."
Closures and reduction in services include:
• Many park amenities have been closed in order to minimize the chance of people gathering in groups and/or maximize the environment for effective social distancing. Current closures include, but are not limited to, concessions, playgrounds and play equipment, viewing platforms, fishing piers, GaGa ball bits, volleyball and basketball courts, designated dog areas, disc golf courses, radio-controlled flying fields, pump tracks, and picnic tables and shelters.

I have not put the time in, to figure out which courses are State Parks. I might, if I get a another break from the honey do list. I have updated neither the courses here or on DGS.

Looks like Kimball Pines is restricted to 1 household or 2 players. Hearing it 2nd hand, but the source is good. May or may not be spilling over into the other Calhoun courses.

Hey Michigan golfers. My club (Ann Arbor Area Disc....A3) has built out a sales page to our website. Just trying to unload some of the inventory we bought for the season of 8 tournaments and 4 leagues. Obviously, some if not many of them are going to be cancelled. This has put our club in considerable financial strife. Much like most clubs, I am sure. Anyway, we are releasing 20 or so discs every week or so. Decent prices, some tasty swirly discs. We are not really making any money, but just trying to recoup some that we doled out. Take a look.

https://www.a3disc.net/shop

Freakin' covidiots got the baskets pulled at Kensington.

As usual, a few @$$hole gotta ruin things for everyone else. The park was patient, and posted signs everywhere warning people this could happen if guidelines weren't adhered to. Park remains open for walking/jogging, biking, skating, fishing, kayaking.

...because they don't attract morons in the #'s disc golf does. This is why we can't have nice things. The only birdie these bastards deserve is your middle finger.

It's taking everything I have not to hope one one these irresponsible morons brings it home to their family.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Where the fuming mad emoji?

Freakin' covidiots got the baskets pulled at Kensington.

As usual, a few @$$hole gotta ruin things for everyone else. The park was patient, and posted signs everywhere warning people this could happen if guidelines weren't adhered to. Park remains open for walking/jogging, biking, skating, fishing, kayaking.

...because they don't attract morons in the #'s disc golf does. This is why we can't have nice things. The only birdie these bastards deserve is your middle finger.

It's taking everything I have not to hope one one these irresponsible morons brings it home to their family.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Where the fuming mad emoji?

It was only a matter of time. Close them all. Stay home, my friend, save lives.

Hey Michigan golfers. My club (Ann Arbor Area Disc....A3) has built out a sales page to our website. Just trying to unload some of the inventory we bought for the season of 8 tournaments and 4 leagues. Obviously, some if not many of them are going to be cancelled. This has put our club in considerable financial strife. Much like most clubs, I am sure. Anyway, we are releasing 20 or so discs every week or so. Decent prices, some tasty swirly discs. We are not really making any money, but just trying to recoup some that we doled out. Take a look.

https://www.a3disc.net/shop

Order placed. They got the shiny pretty new Discraft stuff that everyone wants! Get it before it's gone.

Thanks thrembo. I know your Michigan roots run deep. Your help is appreciated. :clap::clap:

Two of the first people I met after moving to Ann Arbor in 1987 were Gunars and Steve Peck. They were playing an object course round when I and my brother stumbled into them at Buhr Park. Still considering moving back up there or at least visiting again, but Coronovirus making a mess out of everything now...

Two of the first people I met after moving to Ann Arbor in 1987 were Gunars and Steve Peck. They were playing an object course round when I and my brother stumbled into them at Buhr Park. Still considering moving back up there or at least visiting again, but Coronovirus making a mess out of everything now...

Gunars stopped up for one of our tournaments last summer. He actually sat and chatted for an hour or so. He had some great stories of the club. We actually have had a few of the old members show up in the last two years. I have not seen Peck though. Good guys that still take a lot of pride in that club and what they were able to do. Be sure to give a shout if the world ever turns around and you get back up this way.

Latest posts